Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Greatest discovery since penicillin

Interesting that this would effect every single one of us. It would also be the biggest and best thing to ever happen to us medically. Yet, it gets one reply, and the topic "Remedy for raw genitalia?" has 32 reply's, and 6 times as many views. Does that mean that our cocks are more important to us than our health? Or just more interesting?

• Downvote 2

Interesting that this would effect every single one of us. It would also be the biggest and best thing to ever happen to us medically. Yet, it gets one reply, and the topic "Remedy for raw genitalia?" has 32 reply's, and 6 times as many views. Does that mean that our cocks are more important to us than our health? Or just more interesting?

The article says "may have found"....there have been too many "cures" for HIV found already....but as you say none more interesting than a dodgy todger....

Very interesting developmnent. Because such claims come out regularly (and because I'm incurable cynic), I looked elsewhere on the web and did find numerous references to this work, so it doesn't appear to be just a well-crafted prank or the usual snake-oil sales pitch. I used to work for a couple of the major biotechs so I'm somewhat familiar with the science involved and it does make some sense. Still, there's a lot of work left to do. Might be promising, though.

This all is very interesting. My one thought when reading this is: will it work on cancer? I know nothing about whether cancer is viral or what, but just curious if this could be genetically engineered to cure cancer?

CB

From what I read, some cancers come from a viral infection. In those cases it would work to cure the cause of those cancers.

• Downvote 2

From what I read, some cancers come from a viral infection. In those cases it would work to cure the cause of those cancers.

Some cancers may get triggered by a virus, but there is no "cancer virus". Cancers generally result from a disruption at the genetic level, i.e. - a defective gene that because of the defect either over- or under-expresses a protein, such as when the HER2 gene goes bad, resulting in a form of breast cancer. What triggers the disruption can be an inherited genetic defect, exposure to carcinogens (smoking, radiation, other toxic compounds, etc.), and other related external factors.