Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

One 2 Call problems from UK

Anyone had problems getting through to mobiles from UK? All I get is welcome to call back service call after call, occasionally I get through but then the call is dropped, this a mate by the way not a Thai girl....

could be a few things, either there phone is turned off, bad network coverage or there engaged.

Been like it 2 days now, He's up near Ching Rai with his lady, I know they've had some bad weather up there, and of course the Queens birthday, maybe the network overloaded????

Isn't Queens B'day also (treated as) Mother's Day? That could affect network capacity if so.

Yes it's Mother's Day, no, the AIS voice network didn't collapse because of it.

Yes it's Mother's Day, no, the AIS voice network didn't collapse because of it.

Individual Base stations and their associated BSCs have their own capacity limitations so it wouldn't need the whole network to go down on Mothers day for his mate to be unreachable in a small Northern village......I couldn't phone my wife all day on Friday......Not quite sure what the capacity is on the BTS covering our village but for sure each of the households would have been receiving calls from BKK...and most probably Patts...

Individual Base stations and their associated BSCs have their own capacity limitations so it wouldn't need the whole network to go down on Mothers day for his mate to be unreachable in a small Northern village......I couldn't phone my wife all day on Friday......Not quite sure what the capacity is on the BTS covering our village but for sure each of the households would have been receiving calls from BKK...and most probably Patts...

Thanks for that Bullfrog, still the same today, just going to call back service, Had this in June but only for a few hours, been 3 days now, I hope all is well.

Thanks for that Bullfrog, still the same today, just going to call back service, Had this in June but only for a few hours, been 3 days now, I hope all is well.

Yes it is quite a worry...Chiang Rai has quite good coverage with AIS..I know because I built most of it... :rolleyes:

However if he is out and about it could be patchy....as somebody else has said....send him an SMS he may receive it straight away..if not he will get it when he switches on or gets back into coverage...

Good Luck.. :chogdee

....send him an SMS he may receive it straight away..if not he will get it when he switches on or gets back into coverage...

Bullfrog

If you have your 'phone switched off when someone sends you an SMS message, how long is it before the message is lost, please? I switch off my UK 'phone when I go to LOS. When I get back, there are very few messages waiting for me but I know that many more than that will have been sent.

Is there a difference in the answer if I had been out of range rather than having switched off the 'phone?

Thanks.

Bazle

Bullfrog

If you have your 'phone switched off when someone sends you an SMS message, how long is it before the message is lost, please? I switch off my UK 'phone when I go to LOS. When I get back, there are very few messages waiting for me but I know that many more than that will have been sent.

?

Thanks.

Bazle

Each operator can set the threshold to whatever they want...You should ask your sevice provider in the UK what their settings are...it may even depend on where your own HLR is i.e. where you first register....and is it where you buy your SIM or where you first activate it.??...i.e. buy SIM in London but put it in your phone in Glasgow and switch it on..

Good question...let me know the answer...

Each operator can set the threshold to whatever they want...You should ask your sevice provider in the UK what their settings are...it may even depend on where your own HLR is i.e. where you first register....and is it where you buy your SIM or where you first activate it.??...i.e. buy SIM in London but put it in your phone in Glasgow and switch it on..

Thanks.

Possibly has no credit, had the same problem in June when the rain was heavy but only for a few hours, he got a text of mine after 2 days, I know the weather has been bad up there would it affect it that much, he's on one 2 call network, heard it's not the best.

Possibly has no credit, had the same problem in June when the rain was heavy but only for a few hours, he got a text of mine after 2 days, I know the weather has been bad up there would it affect it that much, he's on one 2 call network, heard it's not the best.

No it's not the weather. One2Call is not a network. He is on AIS, which is the top network.

Coverage is not 100%, but if he's off the line for three days then his phone is off or he is deep, deep in the jungle on an extended trip.

Been like it 2 days now, He's up near Ching Rai with his lady, I know they've had some bad weather up there, and of course the Queens birthday, maybe the network overloaded????

Could be he is spending a bit of time out of network coverage. I have just been in that situation and my phone reported SIM Inactive (1-2-Call). I had to shut it down and restart it. Coverage is not 100%