Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Another expat opening another bar

I live in a small village near Tamworth, i heard yesterday that the landlord of our local pub has just rented a bar in his Thai girlfriends name in Pattaya.

i will find out more tonight but good luck to him, hes a good bloke and wish him well.. :chogdee

I live in a small village near Tamworth, i heard yesterday that the landlord of our local pub has just rented a bar in his Thai girlfriends name in Pattaya.

i will find out more tonight but good luck to him, hes a good bloke and wish him well.. :chogdee

Who is he, which Village, I may even know him?

Who is he, which Village, I may even know him?

from good old Polesworth mate, i asked him to join here! lets be honest this site is great for support and info :chogdee

Oh dear... initial thoughts are, unless he currently lives in Thailand, don't do it!

Oh dear... initial thoughts are, unless he currently lives in Thailand, don't do it!

A world record FOUR posts before the warnings, doomsayers, etc.

A world record FOUR posts before the warnings, doomsayers, etc.

Would you say go for it you will make a fortune, or just say nothing Joe?

I think it is 2, maybe 3, of my lady's friends who have given this a go, at the moment non are the richer nor still have a bar.

Wasn't the owner of Rosie O' Gradies from Tamworth.?...I disliked him intensley when he first started for treating the girls really badly in public..and his son was a patronising plonker....Somebody on here posted that the Father had died but perhaps it could be used as a business model for your friend........I might even be interested if it was in Naklua...

Obiously a very trusting guy,taking a huge chance

Is there anyone that makes money from running a newly bought beer-bar nowadays? :clueless

None that I know of. Some of the new gogo's are doing quite well though, at least it seems so on the surface. That is a guess with out knowing the rent, pay roll, and BIB payout. Several are full anyway.

None that I know of. Some of the new gogo's are doing quite well though, at least it seems so on the surface. That is a guess with out knowing the rent, pay roll, and BIB payout. Several are full anyway.

don't know about the gogos, but I guess if the bar is not established its impossible to make a profit from a beer bar in these times...

Any idea where the bar is yet?

I ran into an old acquaintance of mine a couple of nights ago. Owned bars here for 10+ years, had upto 8 at the one time. Only got two at the moment and he said it was the worst low season his records show. One of his bars is still quite busy but he is not making any money on either one .

This new bar owner will need some capital to carry him over the low season. I hope the high season is a bonanza for bar owners but the demographic of visitors seems to have changed and lots of "real" tourists here now. More tourists on the Beach road than girls or mongers, thats sad.

Edited by biggles

tamworth staffs ?

im from lichfield