Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

AA Residence Soi 13 Beach Road

Hi Friends

Can anyone give me some up to date info on this hotel please?

I sed to stay there all the time back in 2002/3 then went to Sandyspring in same Soi.

Looking at maybe going back as used to be good, clean, clean not mouldy bathrooms, decent pool on roof.

Does anyon eknow the price these days for the hotel and also the more modern wing. I think the older side was 800bt and the newer wing 1000bt back in 2009.

An update on price and condition would be great.

Cheersd all

Thanks All.

Their webiste does not give their rates and the photos are the originals that I have seen before.

I have messaged them for their rates but still interested to hear from anyone about the rooms and their conditions these days.

I have an 8yo daughter so we want somewhere we know is good with kids and walkable to beach, Mac D!!, etc. etc.

Just looking for 8 nights in Oct half term hols.

Thanks again.

Best regards

mate try the areca lodge good hotel and a nice pool and only 5 minute walk to the beach

If this place is of interest you might be better to use Sawadi or Agoda or some other agency. There are some good prices for this place at the moment and its location is second to none in town. The comments that I have had of late is that the place is getting tired. My suggestion is to book in somewhere else for a couple of days and have a look befoore you book.

mate try the areca lodge good hotel and a nice pool and only 5 minute walk to the beach

JMHO...I wouldn't want to constantly cross 2nd Road with an 8 year old during rainy season and then walk against traffic on Soi Diana....plus, during a normal 8 day stay...you can count on Soi Diana flooding out in October a couple of times..

For a couple hundered extra baht you can stay across from the AA at the Sandy Spring...get a big Standard with twin beds and it's a safe walk down to the Beach.

Yes, thanks.

We have stayed at Sandy many times and like it alot. I don't like the fact they have put their prices up!!!! If it's quiet we'll give them a call before to see if we can get a discount. We like it there alot.

Kind regards

Yes, thanks.

We have stayed at Sandy many times and like it alot. I don't like the fact they have put their prices up!!!! If it's quiet we'll give them a call before to see if we can get a discount. We like it there alot.

Kind regards

Rocketman.... fyi...if you didn'y already know...you can become a Sandy member at check in for 300b...this rolls back the standard room rate to approx 1380 or so.

:chogdee

Yes, nice reminder. We did join last year so will see again. Thanks for this. Worth doing if saving 120 baht per day x 8 = nice little saving!

Cheers

Best regards.

your 300 baht card is only good for 1 year from date of issue

your saving will be less if the year is up

still a saving but not as great.

• 1 month later...

what about the haven ???

http://www.thehaven-hotel.com/rooms.php

Booked a room in haven last month,told them i was coming in late (3am)got there only to find there was no key left for me...

not the best situation at 3 am when your itching to take a shower and hit walking....

walked up the street a bit and checked in to AA residence,the rooms are older but not cramped,nice roof top pool,food is really good.

but where it really shines is the staff in the hotel,old school friendly joking,smiling and attending to your every need.

they are very strict about girls leaving id's and always check on your room when they leave.

i paid 900 bath a night for a room on the eight floor,20 ft from the pool.

safety boxes in the reception,but i saw tons of them being loaded in at the back of the hotel one day.

but i dont think they would even let a girl leave the hotel without checking in with you.

if you are a newbie or a long time coming,the old school atmosphere and convenient location to beach road (coconut bar)

makes it a top notch place for me,higly recommended!

Has anybody stayed at the Haven since they have redone their rooms?

Their website says says 'safety deposit box". In the room?

I am wondering how good their Internet is? Has anybody used it?

Never stayed there, i had stayed the last two Xmas's at the Sandy spring in a seaview suite,

always got a fair signal on the balcony from the haven.

Did look at the haven this year after the Sandy prices rises but decided to go with the residence garden.

• 3 weeks later...

Its a preety lax website ! No mention of ant Buffet/Restaurant or even Coffee making facilities....

Nor could I actually get the Rates ! :banghead

email them or try google for links to agoda/whatever

http://www.agoda.co.uk/asia/thailand/pattaya/a_a_pattaya_hotel.html?type=1&site_id=1410012&url=http://www.agoda.co.uk/asia/thailand/pattaya/a_a_pattaya_hotel.html&tag=3c15783b-c437-4c4f-a76f-74b0ac2900e4&gclid=CMCH4PPWoawCFZJc4Qod7F4sAg

Stayed at AA last month with the better half as our regular hotel was full. Room was 1,000 bahts a night but gotta say the sheets, towels etc were pretty thread bare.

Nothing special at that price and next time will be booking our regular hotel in advance, which is comparable if not slightly better at a much cheaper rate.

I'm sure you can find better hotels around Soi 13 for 1,000 a night.

Kev

Stayed at AA last month with the better half as our regular hotel was full. Room was 1,000 bahts a night but gotta say the sheets, towels etc were pretty thread bare.

Nothing special at that price and next time will be booking our regular hotel in advance, which is comparable if not slightly better at a much cheaper rate.

I'm sure you can find better hotels around Soi 13 for 1,000 a night.

Kev

Good update and report Kev. Highly appreciated.