Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hello All...

I have recently joined this site, and have been to Thailand on 5 seperate occasions. I am about to return once again for my 6th Visit (arrive on 22nd September). On previous Occasions I have opted to Stay in Pattaya (over the years, ive stayed in Soi 8 amongst other places). This year I will be spending some of my trip in Jomtien, as I have heard good things about the place. I wandered whether some of you guys have any feedback that you would like to share regarding Jomtien...perhaps on the bars / the women / and any particular comments or advice in general? Is it generally quieter than Pattaya in your opinion?

Looking forward to hearing your comments.

M81

Don't know much about bars there but me and the missus sometimes take a drive to the end of beach road there and use the restuarents and sit on the outside tables by the sea....The one at the very end before the sharp left turn sells beer on no alchahol days.... :chogdee

I stayed in Residence Garden, practically Jomtien, last trip and spent several evenings there. It is much quieter, better beach, easier to chat and get to know people and some reasonable bars and massage places. However, standard of women is noticably lower and physical interaction in bars much less. Also, getting home late at night from Patts can be a pain.

Peter

Do you rent a motorbike? If so you will have no problem with that arrangement. Elsewise if your out past midnight it will cost you a nice chunk to get home... between 100-300 baht. ... and for that price the driver will still stop for others etc. Other then that.it is closer to a nice beach for the daytime stuff.

I live on Jomtien and I like it very much.... much quiter, than Pattaya, less pollution and noise... For me Pattaya too busy for the daytime to live... Ten minutes to the WS and day and night no problem to return from Pattaya with the bahtbus from the school...

The beach slightly, but only slightly better, than Pattaya... also a sewer... However interesting to see the vendors, the people etc...

The bar scene ( 1 GOGO bar with their own clientele ) and many beer bars, but the quality of the girls are not the best... just like in the Pattaya beer bars... On my last trip I broke the ice and after 11 year behind me barfined a girl from a Jomtien beer bar.... It was like a time journey about her attitude.... I told her, she can go home, I still pay LT... but no, she stayed... cleaned my room, washed the dishes and cooked breakfast... despite I eat only fruits at the morning, but she didn't knew about it.... She was a 18 year old, big but pretty girl.. no mamasan and ladydrink crap... 300 baht barfine and a big wai receiving the 1000 baht..

Do you rent a motorbike? If so you will have no problem with that arrangement. Elsewise if your out past midnight it will cost you a nice chunk to get home... between 100-300 baht. ... and for that price the driver will still stop for others etc. Other then that.it is closer to a nice beach for the daytime stuff.

after 3am yes songtaews can be hard to get but I have never experienced problems getting home between 12 and 3. after 3 just jump on a bike...easy.

Thanks Again Fellas....nice to know theres some experienced guys out there (Im only 30 myself, so am hoping to hear from anyone that has a story to tell!). As I said, Ive been a few times before but this time im Staying for 6 Weeks so its useful to get different perspectives. Ive had my share of Pattaya Ladies in the past, and Im sure there will be more to come! If a BahtBus goes back towards Jomtien late at night then great...if not then I guess its the Motorbike Taxi!

ive only just started coming to thailand the last 14 months but i have 3 visits to patts under my belt . excuse the language but fuck jomtien :chogdee

Stayed in Jomtien for the month of April this year. Previously, have stayed in Patt soi 7, 8 and most recently soi 13.

Found Jomtien too quiet (although the beach is generally better and the water cleaner). Spent a lot on time and money on the baht bus. Got tired of the back and forth. I'm going back to soi 13 next month.

Jomtien is much more quiet, the beach is more quiet and there are some great restaurants in the area. Very easy to catch a baht bus. Not a good place to stay for short time unless you want to frequent the bars in the area. I have not spent much time in the Jomtien bars because it is so easy just to catch a baht bus and go into Pattaya.

Different strokes for different folks. I live upcountry but go down to Jomtien several times a year. During my last trip, I was in Jomtien about ten days. I usually take a baht bus to Pattaya but this time I never bothered. I usually find enough to do in Jomtien to stay clear of Pattaya. The ideal situation in Jomtien is to rent a motorbike. I refuse to ride a motorbike in Pattaya but Jomtien is a much slower pace. It's still dangerous but NOTHING like insane Pattaya.

There are at least twenty new bars on the second road beside the fresh market. There are several places on Soi Chaiyapruk that I like but their location is off Beach Road far enough that you really do need a motorbike. If you don't want to rent a motorbike, stay in the Soi five area and there are plenty of places within easy walking distance. The new bar area is at the end of Soi Five past immigration and across second road.

There is a farang guest house on Soi nine called Rich Man Poor Man. The rooms are great and during low season they rent for 500 baht a night. The food there is second to none and the bar is small and friendly. Across the street is the Tequila bar and beside that is an Aussie bar. Unfortunately pretty girls there are few and far between.

Soi White House has many bars also but appears to be dying. You can still find a few diamonds in the rough. Soi White House is the next road south past Soi seven. Soi seven has many bars and my favorite is any one of the three Ping Pong bars. Two are side by side and the third is near second road. Soi seven is about 400 meters deep before you run into second road.

If you can't find a suitable bed partner in Jomtien, you aren't looking very hard. Everything is cheaper in Jomtien and the girls are likely to be fresher.

ADDED - The only GoGo bar in Jomtien is worth a miss. You will be disappointed for sure.

Edited by Gary

... Ten minutes to the WS and day and night no problem to return from Pattaya with the bahtbus from the school...

I always found when visiting Jomtien, that if I tried to get on a bahtbus at the school, they would want to charge me for chartering it. I always had to walk round the corner and flag a bahtbus down. After about 3 times,I stopped trying to get on at the school.

Do you take barfines home on the bahtbus?

ive only just started coming to thailand the last 14 months but i have 3 visits to patts under my belt . excuse the language but fuck jomtien :chogdee

Have you been? :clueless Its not fair if you've not been to the place. Are you a Songkran lover or hater?

I always found when visiting Jomtien, that if I tried to get on a bahtbus at the school, they would want to charge me for chartering it. I always had to walk round the corner and flag a bahtbus down. After about 3 times,I stopped trying to get on at the school.

Do you take barfines home on the bahtbus?

I never was charged any extras, true I'm an early bird going home max 1-2am.

Yes, always take the girls home on the regular bahtbus... sometimes we sit in the driver's cabin....

I found that more than a few girls suggest to take the BB as they don't like taking a bike for various reasons (messes up their hair, scared of bikes etc). But i do agree that Jomtien is not the place for someone making a short stay epecially if they are there for the action. But if you live there or visit 4 or 5 times a year for long breaks then it is a nice respite from Pattaya.

As Gary said the "new" group of bars next to the market are a good addition. I think another 12 bars going in behind them also.

Thanks again guys...and in particular Gary for the feedback. I have been to Jomtien before...the last time was in January this year, but my stay was short. They are building loads of new Market Style Bars there apparently according to a guy i know who has a bar in Soi 7. Accross 2nd Road where the main Aussie Bar place is (next to the market) there are supposedly 12+ new bars being built, or have now been built. Anyone been up there recently???

As for Baht Buses....I have experienced the same issue with getting on one at the school and the driver demanding 100 Baht for the ride - stupid! So yes the trick is to walk about 100 metres around the corner and hail one down.

On another note....How busy will Pattaya be at the end of September??? Will that still be classed as Low season, or are we venturing into High Season??? (The Weather doesnt look brilliant either it has to be said!!! - Although Im only going on what BBC Weather in the UK is saying, and thats not usually Accurate!)

Thanks again guys...and in particular Gary for the feedback. I have been to Jomtien before...the last time was in January this year, but my stay was short. They are building loads of new Market Style Bars there apparently according to a guy i know who has a bar in Soi 7. Accross 2nd Road where the main Aussie Bar place is (next to the market) there are supposedly 12+ new bars being built, or have now been built. Anyone been up there recently???

As for Baht Buses....I have experienced the same issue with getting on one at the school and the driver demanding 100 Baht for the ride - stupid! So yes the trick is to walk about 100 metres around the corner and hail one down.

On another note....How busy will Pattaya be at the end of September??? Will that still be classed as Low season, or are we venturing into High Season??? (The Weather doesnt look brilliant either it has to be said!!! - Although Im only going on what BBC Weather in the UK is saying, and thats not usually Accurate!)

Sept is going to be the beginning of the climb into high season, though high season accommodation rates don't kick in for another month, usually.

The weather has been superb, especially for the "hot hot" season. Little rain, cool days and nights...it's a real anomaly, but I'm enjoying it. We haven't had much rain at all, so if we are to make our averages, it's going to be pouring down soon...or be a very dry wet season.

I have never visited Jomtien and plan to spend a few days down there on my next trip (Xmas).

I have booked the Residence Garden which seems to be on the route out that way so it would be

a pity not to visit.