Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFsDGybyIEI

Last night whilst on the FLB Chat, myself, MM and a few others were discussing this Gents unfortunate demise. Someone mentioned (not sure who, my memory is shite) that falling or jumping for that matter, would not kill you from 4 stories up. Well it got me thinking whilst at work, (easy shift for once, plenty of time to fuck around :whistling:)

And these are the figures to totally fuckin yourself up and giving you a pine overcoat :nod

A 30ft drop or 3 stories high onto a hard surface will do the job, falls from above that height are very rarely survivable. The average man weighs 150 pounds ( not sure about that one) and a fall from a height of 30 feet, you will hit the deck in under a second, you are travelling at roughly 44feet per second and landing onto a hard surface such as concrete, your body will be contorted by roughly 13,000 pounds of force, well, you know what that means, MASH :nod IT'S GAME OVER

So there you have it, don't jump or accidently fall of your balcony :grin :grin :grin

Edited by jamie392305

Depends what part of you hits the ground first as well. If you are going head first off the 2nd floor it could be enough to kill you but if you are jumping then you could land safely or at worst damaage to the legs.

I always look for a room without a balcony :rolleyes:

I think I read somewhere not too long ago about a Russian guy who was being nagged by his wife so much that he jumped off a building from the 9th floor. That didn't kill him, so he tired it again from the 9th floor. And again, he lived through it.

Depending on the weight of a person, a fall from 10 feet or greater can cause damage to your legs or arms..The reason most people die from a fall greater than 20 feet is from the shock to the body in an uncontrolled fall which causes the body's muscles to pull the internal organs away from the point of impact causing shock to the system including some organs to possibly sustain damage.

Hitting your head in the right place can cause cerebral bleeding when the brain swells and cause death in minutes..

True story about a guy in New York fell from a very high (40 stories plus) building trying to kill himself and lived. Seems he fell right on top of a Dodge Charger that compressed and broke his fall enough to save him.

If you thought you were a failure before enough to jump from a 40 story building, what does surviving do for the self-esteem?

I have a feeling this guy may of been dead before the flight off his 4th floor room. If you watch the video of him hitting the ground (why they show this shit in Thailand I will never know) he doesn't even try to break his fall...Natural instinct would be that you would at least try and soften the blow. Maybe I'm wrong, I could see it if he were 10 floors up but to fall 4 stories is a pretty fast journey. :clueless

Whoa! I wasn't expecting to see the guy jump and bounce on the cctv. I was surprised by how little people splatter when I saw others.

Anything above the first floor is often fatal.

RIP to the unfortunate guy.

i suppose any distance of 10 meters or more youve reached terminal velocity(no pun intended)

and its good night vienna

You actually accelerate at 32(.something)feet per second per second, till you hit terminal velocity which is sonewhere around 200kph,so at 10 meters of free fall you are no where near "terminal" velocity you are only falling at a relatively low speed of around 36 kph.ten more meters make that 72kph and so on.you have to fall about 85 meters before you hit terminal velocity.You can increase the speed (terminal velocity) at which you fall by assuming a head down(diving shape) position ,so decreasing the air resistance.The maximum speed achieved by a free faller with no special equipment ( other than a parachute) was approx 318kph,rather than the more usual 200kph. So terminal velocity is not always as fixed as you might think but it is much higher than a fall of 10 meters can produce.

Edited by sinbinjack

I think I read somewhere not too long ago about a Russian guy who was being nagged by his wife so much that he jumped off a building from the 9th floor. That didn't kill him, so he tired it again from the 9th floor. And again, he lived through it.

I think you will need to post a link to this story as it is too unbelievable - did he walk back up the 9 floors and throw himself off a second time or was it different days. Maybe he will get lucky the 3rd time around!!! Nagging wives can give anyone a sudden adenalin surge :whistling: .

Edited by gerry53

i suppose any distance of 10 meters or more youve reached terminal velocity(no pun intended)

Terminal velocity is nearly 120 mph not achieved in 33 feet.

From the Argonne National Labs:

For a typical person, terminal speed is 60 m/s or approximately 135 miles per hour. A person has to fall over 400 yards before you really need to start taking this into account.

The 32 feet you remember is the acceleration to gravity. A falling object increases its velocity by 32 feet per second per second it falls.

From http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2008/01/09/falling-man.html

It's a modern-day miracle. An Ecuadoran native who fell 500 feet from the upper reaches of a New York City skyscraper--and survived. By the time Alcides Moreno hit the alley behind the black-glass luxury apartment building, he was traveling upward of 124mph. Only about half of the people who fall off a four-story building make it.

-----

Amazingly, Moreno's experience does not rank at the top of the list of survivals from extreme heights. Three airmen in World War II fell 20,000 to 30,000 feet and survived. A Yugoslavian flight attendant named Vesna Vulovi survived a 33,316-foot plunge when a Czech flight exploded in midair (the Guinness Book of Records recognizes her for surviving the greatest fall without a parachute). Moreno, who began talking a few days ago, joins an extraordinary club.

I think you will need to post a link to this story as it is too unbelievable - did he walk back up the 9 floors and throw himself off a second time or was it different days. Maybe he will get lucky the 3rd time around!!! Nagging wives can give anyone a sudden adenalin surge :whistling: .

He's on his way up to do it a third time, but because of all them damn stairs and the limp he now has you gotta give the guy a little time :rolleyes:

:grin-jump :grin-jump :grin-jump

It is not the acceleration that will kill you, it is the deceleration. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFsDGybyIEI

Last night whilst on the FLB Chat, myself, MM and a few others were discussing this Gents unfortunate demise. Someone mentioned (not sure who, my memory is shite) that falling or jumping for that matter, would not kill you from 4 stories up. Well it got me thinking whilst at work, (easy shift for once, plenty of time to fuck around :whistling:)

And these are the figures to totally fuckin yourself up and giving you a pine overcoat :nod

A 30ft drop or 3 stories high onto a hard surface will do the job, falls from above that height are very rarely survivable. The average man weighs 150 pounds ( not sure about that one) and a fall from a height of 30 feet, you will hit the deck in under a second, you are travelling at roughly 44feet per second and landing onto a hard surface such as concrete, your body will be contorted by roughly 13,000 pounds of force, well, you know what that means, MASH :nod IT'S GAME OVER

So there you have it, don't jump or accidently fall of your balcony :grin :grin :grin

any would be jumpers, please post here. would luv 2 watch