Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

condo electric charges

Have the electric company started charging 40 baht a month for condos, even if no electric is used ? cheers gulp

In fact, if you are a low electricity user, you get free electricity. Can't remember the threshold, but "no electric" is a very small amount, and free under current regulations.

That said, how can you use none? That is VERY unusual. No fridge? No TV? Nothing at all plugged in?

In fact, if you are a low electricity user, you get free electricity. Can't remember the threshold, but "no electric" is a very small amount, and free under current regulations.

That said, how can you use none? That is VERY unusual. No fridge? No TV? Nothing at all plugged in?

No its a shell at the moment ! Just heard the regulations have changed ,no more freebies for 15 amp usage. Must be different in bkk.

Edited by mak100

No its a shell at the moment ! Just heard the regulations have changed ,no more freebies for 15 amp usage. Must be different in bkk.

It's nationwide for sure. The government extended the freebies to the end of the year, but I *hear* people are getting bills anyhow. So it's kind of unclear to me.

"Before" it was if your monthly electric bill was less than 200 baht, they would not bill you, but I have recently heard, this is no longer the practice.

they r going to introduce a minimum charge the days of freebies r over in oz people r making a concerted effort to cut down ....the companies lose out so min charges r introduced same thing happening here ...work it out how many under 200 x so many hundreds of thousand and voila ..

"Before" it was if your monthly electric bill was less than 200 baht, they would not bill you, but I have recently heard, this is no longer the practice.

It was more than 200 baht;

For at least 3 years you did not have to pay if you spend less than 90 units (about 320 baht) (first was 80 units),

you paid half-price if you spend between 90 and 180 units (about 640 baht),

and you paid normal price if you spend more than 180 units.

The change is that now this reduction apply only to those with the lower power contract : 5 Amp / ~1 kW.

Most of use have air-cond and at least a 15 or 25 Amp contract : no more reduction.

Also there seem to have now a 47 baht fee for those who don't use electricity during one month.

No problem about that; I understand that this reduction initially was to help poor people, and we are not.

My only remark is that they should have prevent us the month before. It was a big surprise for me to have to pay electricity (the first time in 3 years I own my condo) and I know guys who were not here to pay and had their electricity cut off :poke

The The Provincial Electrical Authority office on Klang is permanently closed. There are plans to build a new one. In the meantime sign outside says use the Naklua office.

MAP http://wikimapia.org/9848987/Pattaya-Provincial-Electricity-Authority

And from thaivisa we have:

"There is also a PEA office about 200m up from Sukhumvit on Chaiyapruek 2, purple and white coloured building on the left. Much handier for anyone on the south side of town or Jomtien."

MAP http://tinyurl.com/3wx276p

-redwood