Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Huh! clueless And what about us non-whites JoeKKK? banghead

You couldn't figure that out? ALSO nothing. Nothing at all.

What I can't figure is why anyone in Thailand thinks they are going to be singled out. They're not, just like I wrote in half a dozen of these threads. Pattaya WILL change, that's 100 per cent. What YOU do about that, it's up to you. No one is going to do anything to you or for you, either one? Why do people think they are targets?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks to the OP and Tom for dissuading me to visit Pattaya again. I used to allow for about a 6000 baht per day spend in Pattaya but I have found out that is possible to have good accomodation, pre

I have been going to Centara Grand in Naklua to work out for a couple of months. I had not spent much time in Naklus and am surprised at what I see there. What I see is many affluent couples and famil

Gotta laugh at the OP who seems to think he is some kind of 'Champagne Charlie.'   Taking girls from the Coconut Bar in a Third World shithole like Pattaya doesn't make you the High Roller that you

Posted Images

You couldn't figure that out? ALSO nothing. Nothing at all.

What I can't figure is why anyone in Thailand thinks they are going to be singled out. They're not, just like I wrote in half a dozen of these threads. Pattaya WILL change, that's 100 per cent. What YOU do about that, it's up to you. No one is going to do anything to you or for you, either one? Why do people think they are targets?

So why mention skin colour then?? :banghead

If only the beaches, the mood of the city I would forget Pattaya vs Croatia...( my own preferences ) Small ancient cities with really tasty seafood ( thai seafood is crap ) and azure blue sea....

I would also pick other places than Pattaya if it wasn't for the women, or for a family holiday. In fact, Pattaya is probably the worst resort I have been to with the worst accomodation and serves the worst food if you don't like Thai food. I prefer the climate in other countries , the hygiene, safety , beaches , transport etc. I would be astonished if any British non monger thought Pattaya was a good resort and have never heard of anyone saying so. Women or families. Just us mongers that mainly seem to like it. It's pretty much a single mans resort.

All Thai seafood? How do you arrive at that conclusion? clueless.gif

Not all the thai seafood...I correct myself, I meant the fruit of the sea..... but usually it's either tasteless served with some sauces to dip to give some taste or so spicy you can't enjoy the variation of the tastes... see the dozens of the refined ways the french cook the mussels,

oriental-mussels.jpg mussels1.jpg

the classic ( garlic, parshley, wine ) italian / croatian style squids, the various type of the pastas with the fruit of the seas etc....

pasta_alle_vongole.jpg

even the so popular lobster thermidor isn't thai style...

However I like very much the thai style shrimp balls

stock-photo-fried-shrimp-ball-with-chili-sauce-thai-style-food-77536786.jpg

and I can eat oysters only the thai way...

_20090329_1462059181.jpg

Edited by Gabor

I would also pick other places than Pattaya if it wasn't for the women, or for a family holiday. In fact, Pattaya is probably the worst resort I have been to with the worst accomodation and serves the worst food if you don't like Thai food.

And (some) people will read this and it will affect their choice of resort and holiday place.

The point is that you KNOW why you have your opinion, it's based on actually getting on a plane and making the trip. Almost all family holidays to Thailand by Europeans are NOT based on previous, multiple trips to Thailand. Brochures, articles, advertising and nice-looking Internet sites and forum posts all weigh in.

YOU and almost all of us at some point made up our minds, "Yep, this time I'm going to Thailand". So does everyone. To say that you "would pick other places than Pattaya" is a bit silly, since you have actually picked Pattaya.

Not all the thai seafood...I correct myself, I meant the fruit of the sea..... but usually it's either tasteless served with some sauces to dip to give some taste or so spicy you can't enjoy the variation of the tastes... see the dozens of the refined ways the french cook the mussels,

What has French and Italian cooking got to do with Croatia? clueless.gif

If you want food done French or Italian style in Thailand just visit a French or Italian restaurant - there are hundreds dotted all over the place.

As for your "pasta alle vongole" nonsense - better known as "spaghetti clam sauce" as sold in Pizza Company. thumbup.gif

What has French and Italian cooking got to do with Croatia? clueless.gif

If you want food done French or Italian style in Thailand just visit a French or Italian restaurant - there are hundreds dotted all over the place.

As for your "pasta alle vongole" nonsense - better known as "spaghetti clam sauce" as sold in Pizza Company. thumbup.gif

It's called mediterranian sea style, many similarities between the kitchens.. ( YES, I know, Croatia on the Adriatic sea, but anyway the same tastes about the seafood on the base: garlic, parshley, wine.... go and try if you are unfamiliar )

We aren't talking about the french and italian restaurants in Pattaya ( usually not near to the original ) but we talking about the thai seafood and about the mediterranian seafood... Compare the Pizza factory product with the original... is somethink like to compare the Texas steak houses with the Mc Donald's...

"Marinara (mariner's) sauce is a southern Italian tomato sauce usually made with tomatoes, garlic, herbs (such as basil), and onion.[1][2][3] However, there are many variations. Some of these include the addition of capers, olives and spices.[4][5]

Traditional southern Italian cuisine utilizes this sauce to add flavor to pasta, rice, seafood and pizza.[6][7] This sauce is also widely used in Italian-American cuisine which has diverged significantly from its Old World origins."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marinara_sauce

Visit Italy and see the menu...it's called Spaghetti Vongole...( a specific food from the many others ) maybe in your country it's called Spaghetti clam sauce, just like you may call goulash a specific soup, but we have about 30 kind of goulashes....

Edited by Gabor

It's called mediterranian sea style, many similarities between the kitchens.. ( YES, I know, Croatia on the Adriatic sea, but anyway the same tastes about the seafood on the base: garlic, parshley, wine.... go and try if you are unfamiliar )

You're not very good at this geography lark - it's a bit silly to describe French cuisine as "Mediterranean". A couple of regions are on the Med, the other 25 or so aren't.

We aren't talking about the french and italian restaurants in Pattaya ( usually not near to the original )

Correct. We are talking about Thailand.

but we talking about the thai seafood and about the mediterranian seafood...

Except that the Adriatic, Bay of Biscay and English Channel aren't part of the Mediterranean and, as you've already pointed out, you're only talking about some, undefined, Thai seafood.

Compare the Pizza factory product with the original... is somethink like to compare the Texas steak houses with the Mc Donald's

Pizza Company, Gabor. Pizza Company. You should try it. They have an Italian promotion running at the moment. thumbup.gif

"Marinara (mariner's) sauce is a southern Italian tomato sauce usually made with tomatoes, garlic, herbs (such as basil), and onion.[1][2][3] However, there are many variations. Some of these include the addition of capers, olives and spices.[4][5]

Traditional southern Italian cuisine utilizes this sauce to add flavor to pasta, rice, seafood and pizza.[6][7] This sauce is also widely used in Italian-American cuisine which has diverged significantly from its Old World origins."

And what has Italian-American cuisine got to do with Croatia or Thailand?

Visit Italy and see the menu...it's called Spaghetti Vongole...( a specific food from the many others )

It's called Spaghetti alle vongole in Italy. Not too difficult to make .... err, some spaghetti, some clams and some vongole sauce from Tops.

Or, are you going to claim that "my clam is different"? thumbup.gif

maybe in your country it's called Spaghetti clam sauce,

Pizza Company is Thai.

just like you may call goulash a specific soup,

but we have about 30 kind of goulashes....

Same, same, the Thais have lots of different kinds of curries.

You can get great italian and french food in Pattaya but Gabor will not find it on the food carts. Try Mantra, Dusit, Royal Cliff, Centara. But I am sure Gabor does not go there. Yesterday Centara breakfast buffet at 750 baht was filled with Russians, Asians and the Euros that do not come here. So was the beach chairs. They sure sounded European and looked like it.

Jack

You can get great italian and french food in Pattaya but Gabor will not find it on the food carts.

Totally agree. Weirdly, Italian is the easiest - although there's also horrible, ketchup-based Italian. French is pretty easy, too. Japanese is very, very good, and Chinese of course - and there are some top-quality Korean places apart from the usually okay bulgogi joints. There are excellent restaurants of quite a lot of cuisines in Pattaya. In Bangkok it's pigout heaven. You could HATE Thai food (somehow; don't know how) and eat top-class food always from 20 countries. Regional French, Italian, American is very easy to find if you absolutely must have western.

Don't forget the (in)famous and oft-derided full English brekkie.

Really! I was thinking of regional flavours, though, when I wrote that. You can actually get extremely edible English food in many Bangkok places, brekkie definitely included - more edible for all four meals in some cases than I found in England at least.

Most of Western Europe is quite well represented in Bangkok and Pattaya. German in its flavours is another one you can get regional. Spanish is tough but not impossible. I must say I've never had what I'd consider a cous-cous that was above "barely edible" though. Best one of those I ever had, mind, was in the good old days in Phnom Penh of all places - marvellous it was. And yes, they really were the good old days, poor Cambodians. If you can get a good one in Bangkok, I've not heard of it.

You're not very good at this geography lark - it's a bit silly to describe French cuisine as "Mediterranean". A couple of regions are on the Med, the other 25 or so aren't.

Correct. We are talking about Thailand.

Except that the Adriatic, Bay of Biscay and English Channel aren't part of the Mediterranean and, as you've already pointed out, you're only talking about some, undefined, Thai seafood.

Pizza Company, Gabor. Pizza Company. You should try it. They have an Italian promotion running at the moment. thumbup.gif

And what has Italian-American cuisine got to do with Croatia or Thailand?

It's called Spaghetti alle vongole in Italy. Not too difficult to make .... err, some spaghetti, some clams and some vongole sauce from Tops.

Or, are you going to claim that "my clam is different"? thumbup.gif

Pizza Company is Thai.

Same, same, the Thais have lots of different kinds of curries.

Read what I wrote: seafood....All countries has different kithens in the midland and in the seaside....

Define the thai foods you mention...I made a generalization: Thai seafood either tasteless, either spicy like hell

I tried the Pizza Company... usual fastfood... Not bad at all, just fastfood..

Pizza company and the many Pizza chains use the Italo-American style... Believe or not, whilst in the USA the pizza was a popular ( originated from the south ) Italian food in north Italy it was .... not unknown, but not used...It became more american ( and international ) food, than italian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza_in_the_United_States

Well... easier to buy a frozen one.... :whistling: However true, not too difficult to cook... ( and here too, the mediterranian style I mentioned: garlic, parshley, wine )

As the curries... I'm not an expert, but curries isn't indian origin ? However I heard something like a kind curry became an english national food ?

You can get great italian and french food in Pattaya but Gabor will not find it on the food carts. Try Mantra, Dusit, Royal Cliff, Centara. But I am sure Gabor does not go there. Yesterday Centara breakfast buffet at 750 baht was filled with Russians, Asians and the Euros that do not come here. So was the beach chairs. They sure sounded European and looked like it.

Jack

I like the local food like a local food, not the castrated Hotel chain versions... I tried some thai food in the Royal Cliff Royal Wing... the tom yam khung wasthe same ( and a bit dumber ) like in a hole in the wall restaurant except the huge size of the shrimps... I know the difference in many kitchens between the " house style " and the " hotel style "... the latter refined for everybody's taste... ie. no real style.

Read what I wrote: seafood....All countries has different kithens in the midland and in the seaside....

You wrote "mediterranian seafood". The "seaside" around the Bay of Biscay and along the English Channel is definitely French, but certainly not Mediterranean. You need to work harder on this geography thing.

Define the thai foods you mention...

What Thai foods?

I made a generalization: Thai seafood either tasteless, either spicy like hell

The generalisation you made was "Thai seafood is crap".

Pizza company and the many Pizza chains use the Italo-American style... Believe or not, whilst in the USA the pizza was a popular ( originated from the south ) Italian food in north Italy it was .... not unknown, but not used...It became more american ( and international ) food, than italian.

Apart from the fact that Pizza Company offers a bit more than just pizza, how does that relate to Thai seafood being crap compared to Croatian culinary delights (whatever they may be)?

I tried some thai food in the Royal Cliff Royal Wing... the tom yam khung wasthe same ( and a bit dumber ) like in a hole in the wall restaurant except the huge size of the shrimps

You went to Caprice, ordered Tom Yum Kung and then moaned about the non-availability of decent European food? Cool! rolleyes.gif whistling.gif

Edited by CheshireTom

You wrote "mediterranian seafood". The "seaside" around the Bay of Biscay and along the English Channel is definitely French, but certainly not Mediterranean. You need to work harder on this geography thing.

What Thai foods?

The generalisation you made was "Thai seafood is crap".

Apart from the fact that Pizza Company offers a bit more than just pizza, how does that relate to Thai seafood being crap compared to Croatian culinary delights (whatever they may be)?

You went to Caprice, ordered Tom Yum Kung and then moaned about the non-availability of decent European food? Cool! rolleyes.gif whistling.gif

medsea.gif

Yes, my generalization was: Thai seafood is crap because tasteless or too spicy....

Pizza company wasn't mentioned by me, I just replied....

I like very much the thai food and usually eat it.... rarely eat farang food... However I never moaned about the non-availability of the decent farang food, just mentioned: the thai seafood is crap ( because tasteless or too spicy ) to compare to the mediterranian seafood ( which is much better for my taste because of the fine combination of the garlic, parshley, wine )

the thai seafood is crap ( because tasteless or too spicy ) to compare to the mediterranian seafood ( which is much better for my taste because of the fine combination of the garlic, parshley, wine)

So Thai seafood doesn't use wine, garlic or herbs ..... clueless.gif Do you just make this nonsense up as you go along?

So Thai seafood doesn't use wine, garlic or herbs ..... clueless.gif Do you just make this nonsense up as you go along?

Sounds great.. :thumbup I never met this food, but I will try...