Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pratamnak Soi 5!

Have shifted my intended residence for next trip to Pratamnak Soi 5, quite nearby Pratamnak RD. Am not familiar with this area. Am going to write the few details I know & would appreciate BM's correcting any or all as necessary.

Understand this location is only about 800 meters from the south end of WS & that the trip in this direction is downhill.

Understand that the Baht Buses traveling south on 2nd RD usually proceed up Thappaya rather than Pratamnak.

Understand that Kinnaree is less than a 10-minute walk from this location & that 2 other similar clubs will open quite nearby by mid-NOV.

Understand that there are a number of restaurants in the vicinity. Please elaborate!

Some Questions: (Have reviewed Pattaya maps, although you will not think so from my questions!)

Can I catch a Baht Bus to WS on Pratamnak near Soi 5?

If I must walk to Thappaya to catch a Baht Bus to WS, how far a walk is it from Soi 5?

Is there a supermarket near Pratamnak Soi 5?

How many minutes to walk from Soi Diamond uphill to Pratamnak Soi 5 for a Farang who is not a speed walker & who has left most of his sobriety on WS? Would it be feasible to take a Baht Bus up Thappaya then walk to Pratamnak 5?

MANY THANX! CHEERS!

Just happened to be going by that soi today, so I snapped a few pics of the corner of soi 5 and pratumnak.

I also measured the distance to thappraya road. It's 400 meters by my odometer.

uploadfromtaptalk1316490842847.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1316490865580.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Can I catch a Baht Bus to WS on Pratamnak near Soi 5?

If I must walk to Thappaya to catch a Baht Bus to WS, how far a walk is it from Soi 5?

Is there a supermarket near Pratamnak Soi 5?

How many minutes to walk from Soi Diamond uphill to Pratamnak Soi 5 for a Farang who is not a speed walker & who has left most of his sobriety on WS? Would it be feasible to take a Baht Bus up Thappaya then walk to Pratamnak 5?

MANY THANX! CHEERS!

You can catch a baht bus on Pratamnak near Soi 5. They are less frequent than Thappraya Rd but I'd guess no more than a five minute wait. It's not on the published route for coming back. You'll need to hire one specifically - cost 150 - 300 baht.

There are plenty of 7/11s close at hand. The nearest supermarket is on Thappraya near Theprasit Rd. Maybe a 15 minute walk.

Soi Diamond to Soi 5 would be about a 25 minute walk. A lot of it up hill.

You can catch a baht bus on Pratamnak near Soi 5. They are less frequent than Thappraya Rd but I'd guess no more than a five minute wait. It's not on the published route for coming back. You'll need to hire one specifically - cost 150 - 300 baht.

There are plenty of 7/11s close at hand. The nearest supermarket is on Thappraya near Theprasit Rd. Maybe a 15 minute walk.

Soi Diamond to Soi 5 would be about a 25 minute walk. A lot of it up hill.

Going downhill, from Pratumnak Soi 1 (by the old Stork Club) to Marine Plaza at a brisk pace is about 15 minutes. Going uphill all the way to Soi 5 would be considerably longer and much more difficult. That's quite a hill to climb on the way back from a night of drinking.

I'd estimate 40 minutes and a heart attack.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know the name of the two big condo blocks really close to the beach at the bottom of Soi 5? Thanks.

The blueish one is Baan Hadd U-Thong condo and the white one is an hotel with mainly russian and korean guests.

• Upvote 1

• Had to go there yesaterday to drop off some documents at a solicitors,I wouldnt like to be stopping there if u are at the bottom of soi 5.Plenty of motorbike taxis but i didnt see any baht buses.Must admit tohugh it is a nice area but a bit off the beaten track.Will be spending more time up there as my cousin has purchased a 3 bedroom condo near there.

I recently saw two very fine apartments in that general area. As I rely on public transport and know it's pretty thin there, I gave the whole area a pass for the time being.

It's great if you have a motorbike or car. Virtually no traffic getting to Marine Plaza from up on the hill, as compared to trying to get to WS along Beach Road.

Stumpdog,

I usually stay at the Tara Court, as seen in Martin's pic in the second post on this thread.

http://www.taracourt.net/

The place ticks all the boxes for me EXCEPT flagging down a baht bus can sometimes be a hassle and you'll have to charter one back. Motorbike taxi lads hang out just across the road, if that's your thing.