Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I recommend Areca Lodge next door.

I've stayed at the PBR for my last 5 trips and will be there again in November.

Has anyone been there since the new owners took over? I'd like to know what to expect.

Thanks

I've stayed at the PBR for my last 5 trips and will be there again in November.

Has anyone been there since the new owners took over? I'd like to know what to expect.

Thanks

Staying at PBR now and nothing has changed. Boem and Kim are staying around until the end of the month I think and both have said the new owners will keep things as is. We will see...

The monthly price is much less at PBR!

I just checked in at the PBR on the monthly rate. Areca has never given me a decent monthly rate.. Course Areca does have that nice pool and breakfast.. I like the Evergreen

rooms too.

Edited by Skate

I just checked in at the PBR on the monthly rate. Areca has never given me a decent monthly rate.. Course Areca does have that nice pool and breakfast.. I like the Evergreen

rooms too.

PBR has a nice breakfast an pool also. Actually, you can have your breakfast by the pool....

• 5 weeks later...

I stayed there in August just when the take over of management was taking place.

The goss was they were going to build 2 more buildings, over time. One on the concreted land where the car/bike rental place facing The Avenue Shopping Centre

used to be and the other on the vacant jungle block of land.

Thats a pretty tall order, affectively it'll triple the amount of rooms. I'm happy to stand corrected here and hope I got it wrong. I've stayed at this hotel my last 5 trips to Patts and really like the place. It'd be a shame to spoil it by changing it so much.

The other rumour was they were going to put in a bar. I don't think they meant a "girly" bar but probably just a place to sit around and have a few quiet ones for the guests. No idea where they were going to put that one but you'd think the pool area would be the go.

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend Areca Lodge next door.

Areca is a fine hotel in most respect.

They, however, have a reputation of allowing the reception staff to engage in "small talk" with various bar fines (hotel guests) concerning other guests that a punter may have signed in. I do not have any first hand account, but reliable 2nd hand.

The do not allow young ladies at the age of 18 or 19 as guests. Not an issue for most.

PBR (at least under previous management) has much better ethics and more liberal rules (within the law) and generally at better prices.

I have stayed several times and always recommend it.I will miss Boem and Kim is always pleasant to talk with when I run into him in town.The place has a high occupancy rate.I can't imagine 2 more buildings though.I like it just as it is.

Staying at PBR now and nothing has changed. Boem and Kim are staying around until the end of the month I think and both have said the new owners will keep things as is. We will see...

I had a look around the PBR earlier this year and was thinking about the monthly rate. Would people care to comment on the following from their web site.

Plus 7.00 baht per kilowatt hour of electricity used (average monthly electric bill is 1,800.00 baht) and 150 baht per person, per month, flat fee for water (2 people = 300.00 baht per month). A 10,000.00 baht refundable security deposit is required to move-in. The monthly rate includes: room cleaning, bottled water and fresh linen twice per week (breakfast is not included in our monthly rates). All rates quoted are in Thai Baht and based on room availability at time of booking. One month is considered thirty (30) nights. Extra nights are billed at 500.00 Baht per night - Low Season and 750.00 Baht per night - High Season.

I am not sure just how good this is. Its about 22000 baht plus the extras plus 7 % (say 25k/26k) and no breakfast. If you value the breakfast at say 120/150 baht per day that makes it over 30K per month equivalent. I would also like to know, do they actually require the 10000 baht deposit in cash or it a credit card 'hold' fee?

1 way to save some on elec costs is to flip off the switch in the bathroom.It controls the water heather or something that uses the juice.

I had a look around the PBR earlier this year and was thinking about the monthly rate. Would people care to comment on the following from their web site.

Plus 7.00 baht per kilowatt hour of electricity used (average monthly electric bill is 1,800.00 baht) and 150 baht per person, per month, flat fee for water (2 people = 300.00 baht per month). A 10,000.00 baht refundable security deposit is required to move-in. The monthly rate includes: room cleaning, bottled water and fresh linen twice per week (breakfast is not included in our monthly rates). All rates quoted are in Thai Baht and based on room availability at time of booking. One month is considered thirty (30) nights. Extra nights are billed at 500.00 Baht per night - Low Season and 750.00 Baht per night - High Season.

I am not sure just how good this is. Its about 22000 baht plus the extras plus 7 % (say 25k/26k) and no breakfast. If you value the breakfast at say 120/150 baht per day that makes it over 30K per month equivalent. I would also like to know, do they actually require the 10000 baht deposit in cash or it a credit card 'hold' fee?

Edited by bigdelta

The rates work for me, keep the aircon off and you won't use 1,500 in a month. as to breakfast, I'm either up and gone for golf, or still asleep, so I wouldn't get it anyway. If you are paying fro breakfast, you get 2 vouchers for each day - the assumption being that you won't be alone. :lovee

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't they have an off season special 999/nt and the 7th night was free.. ?

The monthly rates have gone up now.. off season the break even is over 21 days the way I figure it.. that includes about 2000 for elect and it you pay for breaky @ 125/bt a day. The advantage is if your paying breaky you can go somewhere else when you sleep in.. more if you have a guess thou.. bet the day rates will go up now..

They goes the neighborhood..

Yes,they have had that special for a few years now.Starts again April 15 or so.

Didn't they have an off season special 999/nt and the 7th night was free.. ?

The monthly rates have gone up now.. off season the break even is over 21 days the way I figure it.. that includes about 2000 for elect and it you pay for breaky @ 125/bt a day. The advantage is if your paying breaky you can go somewhere else when you sleep in.. more if you have a guess thou.. bet the day rates will go up now..

They goes the neighborhood..

I may have miss something. I didn't see the 7th night free on there web site, re-check the web site, nothing.

I just booked the monthly rate for Songkran 2012. I figure the monthly cost and electricty will be 19000/bt.

Yes I'll have to pay for breakfast but that's ok. When I get tired of there menu, or wake up late I can go somewhere

else for a varity. Also I seldom keep a BF till breakfast so the 2'fr coupons doesn't work for me..

The next thing I noticed. Well... here is what my Resv says.. " Please note our credit card guarantee requirements below. We will hold this reservation for you for 48 hours to give you time to respond", a credit card is required to hold a room.. yikes.. Ok.. says its secure.. so you have to I cut and paste the link.. the page does not have the little "secure lock" on the end of the IP address that I'm used to.. humm.. on the bottom of the page it says "All information is transmitted via a secure and encrypted network". Check it out http://www.jotform.c...orm/81674253712 . Have my fingers crossed and its the only time I have

used this card.. Another thing I noticed, on there web site extra days used to be quoted at 500/bt day, off season. Now the rate says extra days will be pro-rated.

Both daily and monthly rate plans they now want full payment at check in.

With the new management things are starting to change. I hope they don't run off there regulars.

Edited by Skate

The next thing I noticed. Well... here is what my Resv says.. " Please note our credit card guarantee requirements below. We will hold this reservation for you for 48 hours to give you time to respond", a credit card is required to hold a room.. yikes.. Ok.. says its secure.. so you have to I cut and paste the link.. the page does not have the little "secure lock" on the end of the IP address that I'm used to.. humm.. on the bottom of the page it says "All information is transmitted via a secure and encrypted network". Check it out http://www.jotform.c...orm/81674253712 . Have my fingers crossed and its the only time I have

used this card..

With the new management things are starting to change. I hope they don't run off there regulars.

I noticed the form is using PHP scripting. All I know about PHP is that it's a language for developing server-side scripts. I'm not knowledgeable of PHP, but I THINK it can be used with encryption. But lacking any evidence of security, I wouldn't even consider providing PII or credit card info over HTTP. Seeing that they're not using HTTPS, you have to wonder how secure the server they're using is in the first place... Even supposing your cc info gets there without being intercepted, what are the chances that the server, where all your data winds up (and gets stored?), gets compromised (or has been already!)? Can't you go through Agoda or some other hotel booking site?

I booked for April 25 arrival and they quoted the 7th night free on confirmation e-mail.

I may have miss something. I didn't see the 7th night free on there web site, re-check the web site, nothing.

I just booked the monthly rate for Songkran 2012. I figure the monthly cost and electricty will be 19000/bt.

Yes I'll have to pay for breakfast but that's ok. When I get tired of there menu, or wake up late I can go somewhere

else for a varity. Also I seldom keep a BF till breakfast so the 2'fr coupons doesn't work for me..

used this card.. Another thing I noticed, on there web site extra days used to be quoted at 500/bt day, off season. Now the rate says extra days will be pro-rated.

I remember having to pay in full for the monthly rate at checkin 2 or 3 years ago...you're not missing anything on that breakfast deal either....eat where you want, when you want to.

on the charge card thingee...just monitor your activity daily...I think you'll be OK as I've used charge cards there b/4 with no problem...just don't give them your CID#...I hear there are some new apartments going up next door...so, late sleeping is out.

I remember having to pay in full for the monthly rate at checkin 2 or 3 years ago...you're not missing anything on that breakfast deal either....eat where you want, when you want to.

on the charge card thingee...just monitor your activity daily...I think you'll be OK as I've used charge cards there b/4 with no problem...just don't give them your CID#...I hear there are some new apartments going up next door...so, late sleeping is out.

Just stayed there 1 week then gone 2 weeks, then stayed for another 2 weeks...

Damn construction next door... then looks like a big condo complex across soi15 (on the same side)... They start banging away at 9am... sometimes earlier...

re: CC

As long as the old staff stays, ya should be safe.... no bets if they force the staff out and replace them with "their" people....

re: bkfast

If you are a daily payer... breadfast is free for 1 or 2...

If you are a monthly renter... you are on your own...

Edited by Saddic

Saddic - this building work.... right next to PBR? Front or back? Or is it effectively next to Areca on Soi 15? Staying there over Xmas and appreciate sleeping late..!

Ta

Current construction ... between PBR and Areca... in the small lot next to PBR.

The next one looks to be in the empty lot next to Areca... eventually... they have a storefront shilling punters to put money down... lol

I have stayed at PBR several times but I can't place Areca.Since I can't,just exactly where is the construction?Between PBR and Avenue Mall,on oppsite side from Avenue Mall (in back of PBR) or elsewhere? I have probably seen Areca many times and not known it.Thanks.

Current construction ... between PBR and Areca... in the small lot next to PBR.

The next one looks to be in the empty lot next to Areca... eventually... they have a storefront shilling punters to put money down... lol