Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Mate of mine recommended The Stone Oven’s (corner soi 6 and Beach road) Indian menu to me last trip. And he was spot on. :thumbup Well he should know he’s a Brummy.

Really good tasty food good price and good portions, cant remember the exact prices but 3 of us eating and drinking there for a good couple of hours and we split the bill and didn’t have any complaints . A fantastic way to regain the energy you lost on you soi 6 adventure.

There other food is quite good too, but there toilet facilities leave a lot to be desired. :mellow:

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tikka Centre place on Soi buakhao (opposite soi Honey inn) does great British type curries. Can recommend the Lamb Vindaloo and Chicken Tikka Marsala. Reasonable prices about 150 baht. Crazy Dave's on

I think Layla's on Soi 16 Walking Street is very good. Unfortunately (for some), it's not English curry...it's actually authentic Indian curry.   A map at this link shows it's location...   http:/

Mate of mine recommended The Stone Oven’s (corner soi 6 and Beach road) Indian menu to me last trip. And he was spot on. Well he should know he’s a Brummy.   Really good tasty food good price and

i do enjoy indian food but have never tired it in pattaya yet, mainly cos i dont want to spend alot of time on the toiet. There is one indian restarant i want to try and thats Abi baba's on pattayaklang just off the 2nd rd turn off.

Been there and the food was great.

Some years since I went to Ali Babas, but I recall the food was a high standard.

I ve been in town nearly 2 months now,have tried various indian food joints.Some were ok some were

pretty average.

Last night however i went to Baadshah restaurant,its new and is located on 3rd road directly opposite

where Exyte used to be.The food was excellent,i advise anyone who likes a good curry to give this place

a try.Its a bit more expensive than the cafe style indians which are more common in Pattaya.I had a starter,

a madras curry with rice and a garlic naan bread and the bill was 370B.

So guys give a go and id love to know if there is a better one.

Mate of mine recommended The Stone Oven's (corner soi 6 and Beach road) Indian menu to me last trip. And he was spot on. :thumbup

Isn't there another Curry House just around the corner in Soi Yodsak? Anybody tried it?

• 4 weeks later...

i do enjoy indian food but have never tired it in pattaya yet, mainly cos i dont want to spend alot of time on the toiet. There is one indian restarant i want to try and thats Abi baba's on pattayaklang just off the 2nd rd turn off.

Its run by Russians !! (not joking)

• 4 weeks later...

Called in Pakwan,on 3rd road,about 400 metres after u turn left onto 3rd road from soi excite.Not a brilliant inside to sit but had a chicken tikka masala,and chicken vindaloo, 2 nan breads and ready in 20 mins,full cost 370 baht.Very authentic for my taste buds,and worth a try.Please not this is not a restaraunt more like a cafe,but i rate it nicer than Tikka centre,indians cooking too

Called in Pakwan,on 3rd road,about 400 metres after u turn left onto 3rd road from soi excite.Not a brilliant inside to sit but had a chicken tikka masala,and chicken vindaloo, 2 nan breads and ready in 20 mins,full cost 370 baht.Very authentic for my taste buds,and worth a try.Please not this is not a restaraunt more like a cafe,but i rate it nicer than Tikka centre,indians cooking too

Been in there too,had chicken madras.They served the chicken on the bone and once you had stuggled to get

it off there wasnt much worth eating.The taste was ok but nothing special.

Oh and its definately not 400yrds from soi exzite,more like 150.

Been in there too,had chicken madras.They served the chicken on the bone and once you had stuggled to get

it off there wasnt much worth eating.The taste was ok but nothing special.

Oh and its definately not 400yrds from soi exzite,more like 150.

I came the other way so was guessing about the yards lol.U can order off the bone,the tikka massala is off the bone and was fresh chicken,very nice,will try a takeaway again.

i do enjoy indian food but have never tired it in pattaya yet, mainly cos i dont want to spend alot of time on the toilet.

Have you not eaten SPICY Thai food?

Have you not eaten SPICY Thai food?

Welll yes, but it doesn't cause me a 'lot of time on the toilet'.

Goes through you like an express train and doesn't stop...... in and out of there in moments! :thumbup

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As Monty says The Indian Food at the Stone Oven on the corner of Soi 6 and Beach Road is excellent, I think they get it from the restaurant upstairs if you want an aircon restaurant.

Although I haven't tried it, I was recommended the Indian Restaurant just up from World Gems near Walking St on the left hand side opposite Bamboo Entertainment.

• 1 month later...

There is a small shop at the end of the Diana Shopping Arcade closer to the beer bars. Ate there many years (5/6?) ago and it wasnt bad and it still exsist today! They must be doing something right. What i remember is that they used to have huge portions!

its a cracking Indian restaurant opposite mak mak bar in pattaya new plaza.

most of the customers are Indian's so it must be cheap as chips.....

Biggest misconception is that these tour groups are cheap. They can and will spend big when needed. Just becasue they dont spend on booze and women like we do doesnt mean they are cheap charlies.

Edited by mmaaarrrkkk

There is a small shop at the end of the Diana Shopping Arcade closer to the beer bars. Ate there many years (5/6?) ago and it wasnt bad and it still exsist today! They must be doing something right. What i remember is that they used to have huge portions!

Biggest misconception is that these tour groups are cheap. They can and will spend big when needed. Just becasue they dont spend on booze and women like we do doesnt mean they are cheap charlies.

Little India?

Walking through the London yuletide of '66.........Mid-evening in the West End .........Our pockets bulging with the 2 and 6 penny bits and ten bob notes that we'd cadged by wishing all our paper-round customers a, "very merry Christmas sir"

We were 14 and this was swinging London. We had the Beatles new single to whistle, the World Cup and James Bond.....But life was about to get even better.....

Some spur of the moment thing, pulled us out of the cold and into an Indian restaurant. We already knew the waiters well enough.......they'd sometimes give us bread and marge' at the door round the back when we were, 'ank Marvin' after an afternoon of swimming in Seymore place baths. This time though, we were going through the front door.

.....The waiter's bowing respect, the flock wall paper, exotic pictures, the sound of sitars......... the deep red carpet.......were..... 'bloody posh'...... but the smells..the SMELLS they were like nothing we'd ever experienced before. We were so excited but trying act as though we were men of the world and did this all the time.

We both ordered chicken 'something' and rice.......and a plate of chips....."why not we were loaded?"

Without asking, the waiters brought water. I thought this was for medicinal reasons and that I was about to have my socks blown off.

Bloody right!! .....After mopping up the last of the 'gravy' with a soggy chip and sweating buckets, I closed my eyes .....Sensing my face it felt like it was just an enormous swollen tongue in a burning mouth with giant, throbbing lips!

...And I was hooked.......We both were.

I never smoked and avoided all the drugs of the sixties.....But that day I became an eye-rolling, lip stinging, arse-burning ..... curry addict!

More than 40 odd years and thousands and thousands of pounds later, I became addicted to Thai girls .... as the girls take presidence (it takes 3 days to clear my system)... AND as you can't get a really good one over here anyway........I've kicked the habit.

My stomach and my arse are grateful.

'The Romna' in Seymore Place is still there..... rice stained wall-paper, deep pile carpet and ravi banging out a raga on lead sitar..... The waiter's are dead and their sons run the place now.

Whenever I go back to England I try to fit some shopping in Oxford Street with a lunch in there...........I remember the waiter's kindness to us, before we were paying customers and our respect for them and that wonderful first taste of India.

.....Not to mention the, 'Ertha's' the next day!!

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

Thailand is home to a large number of cultures. Due to this you can enjoy delicious food from these different cultures. There are a large number of Indians living in Thailand. As a result you can enjoy various Indian cuisines like curry etc. while exploring this beautiful country.

Tikka Centre place on Soi buakhao (opposite soi Honey inn) does great British type curries. Can recommend the Lamb Vindaloo and Chicken Tikka Marsala. Reasonable prices about 150 baht. Crazy Dave's on Soi chaiyapoon also does reasonable curries not quite as good but cheaper.

Tikka Centre is still awesome great food, bit of a wait tho about 45 mins i recommend drinking at the bar across the street and have them bring the food over, tikka and the bar don't mind.

i was there may 4th 2012

Ate Indian once in Patts. Fookin' more expensive, smaller portions and not as good as Indian in Canada.

try Tikka center it's awesome and near where your staying or the top floor at royal garden more money and not as good as tikka but still good even by canadian standards imo