Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

just woundered where you guys keep your money when on a night out as alot of shorts dont have zips one the pockets. and same with jeans how do you keep your dollar safe. any money belts aids or simalar things you have used or use

where do you hide cash in your room stead of the safe or some in the safe and split rest up hiden around the hotel??

I just keep my baht bills in my back pocket. No zipper, no money belt, no special hiding...just in the pocket. I've never had a problem.

I do keep my billfold in a front pocket when I am out and about in Pattaya. The idea, possibly unfounded, is that it would be harder for a pickpocket to lift it from the front pocket without my noticing.

In the room, I leave the cash, credit cards and other stuff I can't possibly need in the course of an evening in the safe and don't sweat it otherwise. If my friend for the evening is inclined and capable of getting into the safe while I'm taking a shower, I was probably going to have a crappy night anyway.

BTW I agree with the comments in recent threads that most BGs are not going to lift your money because it would violate their understanding of right and wrong. But I did have a Thai BG do a runner on me with my cash and watch in 1975 (yes, I'm an old fart) so it can happen.

I hide all my money in BGs' purses.

We have a winner. Voting on the Pattaya Talk "Honest post of the year award for 2011" is now closed. :chogdee

I wear shorts during the day and jeans at night. I either put my money in my back pockets or trouser pockets, 1000 baht notes one side and lower denomination notes the other side. That way you never get out a 1000 baht note out unless you have to. Always works for me.

I took the advice once about having

your money in different pockets as this

would confuse them.

But with all the pockets in these

cargo shorts it just confused me

especially when i got pissed, which

was quite often.

I just keep my baht bills in my back pocket. No zipper, no money belt, no special hiding...just in the pocket. I've never had a problem.

Yes, I never carry a wallet, and my money and a couple or four ID cards just go into whatever pockets are available. I honestly don't recall any problem, other than the usual one of finding myself without money at some point.

I don't usually stay in rooms with a safe (even then i don't trust them having had a maid skim some cash on a trip to Angeles back in 2010).

When i barfine i undress (and therefore take money/cash cards) in the bathroom before taking a shower. Back up cards and travellers cheques are already locked in a suitcase.

I have chanced it before in the past...but i'd have the bathroom door open and have sight of where my cash is.

Going for a shit was the problem!

Been pickpocketed in LoS so I don't carry my wallet, too easily located by eagle-eye villains.

Small bills in one pocket, larger ones in another (or two). I buy pants/shorts with closures, velcro or zipper. Failing that, a safety pin works well.

If I'm too pissed to know what's in my pockets then its time to go home.

Edited by JohnnyK

just woundered where you guys keep your money when on a night out as alot of shorts dont have zips one the pockets. and same with jeans how do you keep your dollar safe. any money belts aids or simalar things you have used or use

where do you hide cash in your room stead of the safe or some in the safe and split rest up hiden around the hotel??

Back pocket, in a wallet, with a button down flap.

If I am out on the piss I change the wallet and go out using one that only has cash in it, sufficient for the evening. It is more the fear of losing all the other crap like driving licence, bank cards, credit cards etc than cash.

I only keep a bit in the house in a safe....

Much as I hate them I trust banks with most of it.

Never ever wear jeans going out, too hot and uncomfortable.

As a tourist I always had a place with a good safe, and never ever opened it in front of my amour de jour.

Ladyboys like to make a grab for your bollox as you pass and as you defend this off another hand dips your wallet.

So cover you wallet pocket with a hand......let 'em have your bollox!.

I am a two wallet man, a day one with cards licence etc, and a night one with enough cash for the evening and a photocopy of my passport picture page incase ID is needed at some point.

And like someone else mentioned, i carry it in my front pocket. Feels more secure that way.

Edited by Jetlag

Always in my front pocket. Strange I know, but I still tend to have a little more feeling in areas close to my groin than I do around the cheeks of my butt!! And before anyone comments.....I'm straight and contrary to my previous comment, always very alert to being shafted either by nimble fingers or something less flexible! :gulp