Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you friends, I am so impressed with the pcitures and the review that I have just sent a reservation request to China Garden for my April trip. Hoping to hearing positive response from them.

• 6 months later...

just stayed there last week for 5 nights

my stay was EXCELLENT

room great,clean with free coffee,tea,sugar refills everyday .

also got 2 toothbrushes and a paste FREE GoldenSmile1.gif

had no hassles bringing in more than 2 gals .in the room. reception did take ids and i even saw her taking a xerox of it . so that was good .

passage was clean not oily or greasy.

i had a peep in the kitchen many times . and it looked clean and hygenic all the times, so im sure ian is keeping a strict check all on that.

i also liked the location family marts at both ends and best of all peaceful after 1am.

also rooms are not smelly of cigarette smoke as its STRICTLY NON SMOKING . which was good for me GoldenSmile1.gif

guys if u BOOK here dont cancel or at least inform ian in advance as there are very few peeps like him who take bookings without paying in advance . so dont break his trust .

great job mate.but keep it up always...... Number1a.gif

• 2 months later...

I've had a very pleasant two weeks at China Garden Hotel Soi Lenkee.

I was so very comfortable in this place.

Initially somewhat concerned as I knew there was no lift; But Ian assured me I would be on the first floor, just one stair flight to cope with. Still I hoped it wasn't a case of a flat wall one side and no rail. I don't usually worry about these sort of things but just after I booked I got an unsolicited pm from a BM criticising this place and suggesting a report would follow "warts and all".

I never did see any report from them, warts or not.

And it just goes to show that one -one sided negative opinion is worth fuck all. You just have to read the hundreds of others here.

The stairs are easy to cope with a short one about six steps, followed by a normal one (about 12). A good handrail and very easy to cope with, respectfully for the one level.

The room is fine and serviced well.

I love the shower, its one of those rain shower ones about 10 inches in diameter, and it works great.

As I had a double bypass June and now Insulin diabetic. The clear fridge is good for my medications and special munchies and drinks I need and enjoy.

And I'm saving just over a thousand Baht a day because I usually stay at the Areca Lodge, where I use the pool once or twice, sometimes.

Of course the next door Cabaret is gone so that's a real bonus.

However: On the second day I was so frustrated with the lack of connection with the Internet, that I was using a net cafe, so I sent Ian an email.

Within 24 hours a technician had arrived and the net has been brilliant since. No I didn't say good, or OK, I said brilliant.

E mails, FaceBook, communicating on the forums, uploading photos and no prob with the IPad OS 6 upgrade last week. Using Skype for video calls local and to Aus.

My room is always serviced when I get back from my first morning stroll and this morning I mention that the TV has a fault. It was fine but this last couple of days the pic has gone really bad and unwatchable. (I may have hit an incorrect button on the control). When I returned all was fixed.

So tomorrow, it's time to leave and I think it appropriate to post this in my current TR and also this extract in the China Garden thread. Thank you sincerely Ian I appreciated the comfort and a pleasant experience in a great part of town.

Papadoc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When I was at home I was in a better place.

Alas, we travellers must be content.

• Upvote 1
  • 8 months later...

On my last trip last xmas, I booked into china garden for a few nights, the place was over running with cockroaches. I asked them to spray the room, they did, but they were still running around the room and we coming out of the Jacuzzi. I checked out, and was given a full refund. There were posters on the wall saying that they had an issue with cockroaches, but it was resolved. Am not sure on the current state of China Garden, I would like to know if anyone else experienced the same issue their.

Edited by tombon

Does Ian still own it or has he sold it off like some of his other ventures?

He truly seems to be a good guy.

Yes, he sure is. Responds to comments and does his best to fix problems saspo. There are pages and pages of favourable comments on other boards also.

Not being a Walking St. fan I love staying in this region. Not only a very comfortable place but I love being in that area. Just so good to be close to LK Metro/ Dianne/ those great Sois with laundry, haircut, bars and restaurants between 2nd and 3rd Roads. It has a great atmosphere around there.

I booked a couple of months ago for arrival 30 October for three weeks. You have to book early.

I always have a couple of (good) meals in the Chinese restaurant.

Next door you have one of the best Ribs and a fair Fish and Chips shop (Neither of these are Ian's now). Cherries and the golf club nearby, plus many local choices for breakfast.

Can't wait to get back.

Yes, he sure is. Responds to comments and does his best to fix problems saspo. There are pages and pages of favourable comments on other boards also.

Not being a Walking St. fan I love staying in this region. Not only a very comfortable place but I love being in that area. Just so good to be close to LK Metro/ Dianne/ those great Sois with laundry, haircut, bars and restaurants between 2nd and 3rd Roads. It has a great atmosphere around there.

I booked a couple of months ago for arrival 30 October for three weeks. You have to book early.

I always have a couple of (good) meals in the Chinese restaurant.

Next door you have one of the best Ribs and a fair Fish and Chips shop (Neither of these are Ian's now). Cherries and the golf club nearby, plus many local choices for breakfast.

Can't wait to get back.

report back on the roach situation papadoc

• 1 year later...

I have now sent reservations for December 2014 to Jan 2015 for China Garden and hopefully they have the space available for part of my stay but I have to find an alternative for 10 days of it over the New Year period. I am looking forward to reviewing China Garden later this year. Thanks to the posters who have reviewed this place. Looks good.

• 3 months later...

Following up on my 'intention' post above, and after my stay, I can't fault China garden in the main and recently stayed there on a split stay for 20 days in standard room and also jacuzzi room at the end of my stay for a night or two. Rooms, service, price all well recommended, location excellent, booking process fine and easy enough.

Ideally located for LK Metro but without the noise. Just be aware for your taxi that the 'China Garden' frontage and restaurant no longer exists although there is a large A1 free standing sign and neon advert for the 'China Garden' rooms. Look for the 'Steak & Co' frontage instead. Down stairs is the steak restaurant offering what may be one of the best steak meals in Pattaya, ate there several times with mates, alone and with girls.

Side entrance is key fob operated 24/7 and there is someone available at side window day and night. They now require you to check your keys in when leaving the hotel and collect on return. ID cards were checked on all my girls but often took two or three ladies back and no questions or joiner fees. Entirely girl friendly and apart from the entrance which could use a refurb the rooms themselves are very smart. You'd pay up to 3 times the price for not far off the same level room in Areca Lodge so it's excellent value. No lift so if you have heavy bags be aware. Only a few jacuzzi rooms at premium costs but well worth it for the fun you can have with girls. Ladies like the rooms a lot. I can see why this place is so well liked and will be booking again for my next Pattaya trips. Very good value indeed and an excellent accomodation, well managed and admirable.

• Upvote 1

I stayed there last month, can`t fault the place, unless you are right up on the 3rd floor. it`s quite a climb. you must book early if you want to get in, already in for 16 nights in June on the first floor

• 1 month later...

I have been staying at CG for numerous trips now and still find it to be one of the best value Guest Houses in the Lengkee/Buakaow area.As has been previously said you have to book in advance to secure a room as it's a very popular place.

• 5 months later...

This has been my favourite spot for a few years. However, I checked out early last year as Wi Fi was hopeless.

Anyone stayed here recently and can advise current efficiency of their Wi Fi Internet

Would appreciate anyones responce to this.

Papadoc

ian says they have changed to fibre optic

they switched to it as they had many complains of the wifi

• secondly there is a construction noise at j&p court in front of china garden.

so take your ear plugs :lsmile

Edited by kratos

Thanks a million Kratos for your prompt reply.

I'd like to give them a go again as always happy there.

Except that last trip where I needed urgent communication so I shortened my trip.

Currently trying for a booking.

regards Papadoc

Thanks a million Kratos for your prompt reply.

I'd like to give them a go again as always happy there.

Except that last trip where I needed urgent communication so I shortened my trip.

Currently trying for a booking.

regards Papadoc

welcome and enjoy mate