Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

As anyone stayed at the China Garden Guesthouse on soi lengkee yet? I have booked there for my next trip and its the first time i will have stayed at a guesthouse. Their rooms look nice on their website plus there is a chinese restauart on the ground floor, cant beat some siu mai's :rolleyes:

As anyone stayed at the China Garden Guesthouse on soi lengkee yet? I have booked there for my next trip and its the first time i will have stayed at a guesthouse. Their rooms look nice on their website plus there is a chinese restauart on the ground floor, cant beat some siu mai's :rolleyes:

I've heard and read good things about it, but have no first hand experience.

I've heard and read good things about it, but have no first hand experience.

Same here. and also a good price considing the other hotels i normally stay in are way way overpriced for the xmas/ny period even comparing them to last years prices. :clueless

Not stayed there but had a look round a mates room last time over. Very nice, he had a Jacuzzi room very nice quality furnishings, flat screen TV’s etc. Wi-Fi and hard wired internet, large laptop size room safe, ionizer. All immaculate cleaned and he had no complaints whatsoever.

I will be trying to book for my next trip. :thumbup

I'll be staying there in December too Tom so hope to see you around for a few beers. I have only heard good things about the hotel and restaurant.

Yep looking forward to it sir :chogdee did you stay there last time dream?

I have my room booked 10 nights from 10th November, looks good, only 1 negative i heard off and that was the water went off a lot, but that happens in a lot of places.

Yep i read that on another forum, but i also read that they were installing a bigger water tank to store my water incase it goes off.

I have my room booked 10 nights from 10th November, looks good, only 1 negative i heard off and that was the water went off a lot, but that happens in a lot of places.

I hope that gets sorted as it would make the Jacuzzi a little redundant. :crying:

• 1 month later...

Don't pay by credit card. I was scammed by an extra 3% on my bill. I won't be staying there again

How were you scammed?

Did they charge you an extra 3% after you had settled the bill?

Or did they tell you that by paying by CC you will be charged extra? A common charge in Thailand when paying by CC I’ve found.

Don't pay by credit card. I was scammed by an extra 3% on my bill. I won't be staying there again

Dynamic Currency Conversion strikes again. Always pay in the currency of the country you are staying in when given the option.

I stayed there for a week back in May - June and it was nice and new. Great bed and sheets. The dressers and cabinets were cheap press board with vinyl tack paper so I don't think they will be holding up for very long. The water pressure was shit at times. I payed 600BT a night for one of the small rooms but I think the price has gone up.

I have some pictures some where. When I find them I'll add them on here

I found a couple..........

pattyr21.jpg

pattyr31.jpg

pattyr41.jpg

pattyr51.jpg

Edited by wetwillie

'Kind of far back (away from the "well-traveled path") isn't it?

That could be a USP for some. Though it’s on a regular baht bus route (soi Buakow) so is only 10minfrom Walking St or soi 6 so you’ve got most areas covered.

I tried to book a room there but they had no vacancies for the time period i wanted, looks nice on the website and still handy to many bars. now iv booked a fully furnished apartment in a place at the south pattaya end of soi Buakow called Sanya apartments price 630 baht but power is extra 7bht kw/hour i think that works out about 150 baht per day on top, but the apartment rates vary by apartment size, highest is 790bht the cheapest is 440bht, has everything in it like mini bar, in room safe, cable TV and 24hour bar and restaurant, has bkk to pattaya airport taxi pick up cost 1300baht and rents motorcycles 150bht/day.. and only 10minutes walk from walking street.

I tried to book a room there but they had no vacancies for the time period i wanted, looks nice on the website and still handy to many bars. now iv booked a fully furnished apartment in a place at the south pattaya end of soi Buakow called Sanya apartments price 630 baht but power is extra 7bht kw/hour i think that works out about 150 baht per day on top, but the apartment rates vary by apartment size, highest is 790bht the cheapest is 440bht, has everything in it like mini bar, in room safe, cable TV and 24hour bar and restaurant, has bkk to pattaya airport taxi pick up cost 1300baht and rents motorcycles 150bht/day.. and only 10minutes walk from walking street.

640 kwh is quite a lot of energy for an apartment........

I stayed there in October and it is excellent value for money.There's only 12 rooms there so book early. I can see it being a repeat place to stay for many people.I am booked in there again for January.

DSCN0039_800x600.jpg

DSCN0045_800x600.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I stayed at China Garden and wanted to post a review based on my experiences.

The arrival:

I arrived at China Garden Hotel after having had a driver who had a hard time finding it. Strange, as it's on a fairly large, though not high traffic soi. It's a bit of the best of both worlds actually. A bit quieter and cleaner, yet still convenient to Soi Boukaow.

When I arrived the desk manager, Tan, looked a bit surprised to see me with my bags and asked me if I had a reservation. I smiled and said "Yes!" as I had reserved months in advanced and had reconfirmed two weeks prior to arriving. She said they didn't have any rooms, but to wait as she looked into it. I could see her going through the books to find out what had happened, as my confirmation included the room I was to stay in (201).

A Front 0 Desk.jpg

As I waited I noticed that the hotel's restaurant was very nicely decorated and impeccably clean. I wandered to the back and looked through the window into the kitchen and, again, was impressed with how clean it was.

a front 1.JPG a front 2.JPG

Tan finally found out what was going on and apparently one guest had chosen to stay longer than his reservation throwing the system off a bit. While larger hotels could absorb overstays, there aren't that many rooms in China Garden and one person can affect the next when this happens. Understanding that these things happen, the mark of the quality of the management and the staff is what they do about it when a glitch comes up. Tan called Tim, the manager there and he dropped whatever he was doing and got to the hotel in about 10 minutes. He apologized for the overbooking and asked if I could wait a few minutes and he'd have a room for me. I realized in short order that I'd be taking his room, and that he'd be moving out to a place down the road. Now, how's that for making sure the customer is served?

The room:

The room turned out to be the penthouse room. It was large and in virtually new condition. The bedroom was well furnished and as advertised,

Bedroom-1.JPG Bedroom 2-1.JPG

the living room has a big television, dvd player, refrigerator, hot water, etc...

Living Room-1.JPG Living Room 2-1.JPG Living Room 3-1.JPG Living Room Comp Tray-1.JPG

The shower is nicely equipped with simple, but very clean, very new furnishings.

Shower Toilet-1.JPG Shower Toilet (2)-1.JPG

The stay:

The stay was excellent. I had the chance to explore a part of Pattaya that I usually don't get to. There are several nice places to eat just steps away, and the hotel restaurant is very nice too. There's laundry and a foot/back massage place right on the same block. Everything is really convenient if you're going to explore the area. Sidenote: I recommend the massage place a few doors down towards Soi Boukaw from the hotel. Nice girls and good foot massage :)

The room on the penthouse is only accessible by stairs, but after a day or two of climbing the stairs you get very used to it. The staff dries laundry up on the roof, so you do get staff around the room, but I looked at it as a benefit, as one lady staff person up there was there most of the day and always checked when she heard someone come up the stairs to see who it was. I don't know if I've ever stayed in a room that felt more secure :D

The room was quiet and I slept very well there. Showers were great with a singular exception. Twice, the water pressure dropped to zero. The first time I was really wanting to take a shower and tried anyway, but the water simply wasn't coming out, so the shower was impossible. This may have been an area-wide thing and the water pressure was strong the rest of the time so I didn't worry about it too much. The water heater always worked very well as long as there was water pressure.

The room was kept very clean. The hotel is exceptionally clean with one exception. The entry walkway inside (just at the L turn to the stairs) did get a little bit funky during the rainy days. I'm not sure what was going on, if it was water leaking off trash or what, but it wasn't a big deal and it was raining heavily. Up until the rain, I never noticed anything in that area, but to be fair I had to mention it.

Summary:

China Garden is, imho, a great value - especially if you want a place that is newer, super clean, and well managed. Since I mention that, let me go into that in a bit more detail. From the hotel rooms, to the restaurant, to the public toilet in the restaurant and from the desk staff, to the cleaning ladies to the lady who washes the laundry upstairs you can tell that the place if exceptionally managed from top to bottom. Staff is motivated to deal with and solve problems and the problems that did arise were dealt with 100% attention to satisfying the customer. I would happily stay here again, and I have no reservations in giving this the highest recommendations for any persons considering staying in the area.

Post Summary:

When I was ready to check out, I got a huge surprise. The desk manager told me that Ian (the owner) had instructed the desk to comp me my entire stay. I did not expect it and would not expect it again, however it really shows that Ian puts his heart into it and I really appreciate it. I want readers to note that my review above would not change one iota without the comp. The place is great and the fact that it's fully booked most of the time is a testament to this. A big thanks to Ian, Tim, Tan, and the rest of the staff for a very pleasant stay.

*** blurry areas in the photo are my luggage and/or other personal items I "depersonalized" from the room

• Upvote 2

lol its not 640 kwh energy the energy cost is 7bht kw... the rental cost of the apartment is 630baht per day

Kw are units of power, not energy. The cost is 7 baht/kwh. You said it works out at about
but power is extra 7bht kw/hour i think that works out about 150 baht per day on top
which over a month would be equivalent to 150x30=4500baht at 7/kwh or about 640 kwh. That is a lot of energy for an apartment.

Last June I tried to get a room there for my last 6 nights but no rooms were available. I was not surprised as I had watched the construction progress and post opening reports regarding both the accom. and restaurant on another board. I did, however, dine there on two occasions. It is my no. 1 place to take a lady for a romatic dinner before partaking in 'dessert'.

I stayed there in November on the 3rd floor, absolutely one of the finest places I have stayed in Pattaya, so much so I have booked again for May 2012. this place you need to get your booking in early.