Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

living dangerously

just rading report on bar owner richard agnew in angelees philiphines having his friend and lover shot dead at his home. he rekons the 14 bullets where for him. he is from my home town in n.ireland ex ruc man. i cannot judge or comment on reasons why as dont know but always wonder do some bar owners get to involved in other stuff with local mafia , drugs, money laundering etc.

he is well in with police and buys the local tourist police thier uniforms and stuff

i dont think tere will be any happy endings

always wonder do some bar owners get to involved in other stuff with local mafia , drugs, money laundering etc.

I think one or two non-bar owners might be criminals as well these days.

just rading report on bar owner richard agnew in angelees philiphines having his friend and lover shot dead at his home. he rekons the 14 bullets where for him. he is from my home town in n.ireland ex ruc man. i cannot judge or comment on reasons why as dont know but always wonder do some bar owners get to involved in other stuff with local mafia , drugs, money laundering etc.

he is well in with police and buys the local tourist police thier uniforms and stuff

Bar owners,retirees, etc. being murdered in Angeles is nothing new. I lived there in the late 1990s to early 2000s and I knew (not friends but people I drank with) 6 foreigners who were murdered during that time.

That's why I give Angeles a big pass.

Whats a "ruc" ?

Bar owners,retirees, etc. being murdered in Angeles is nothing new. I lived there in the late 1990s to early 2000s and I knew (not friends but people I drank with) 6 foreigners who were murdered during that time.

yes, if you choose to live in that shit hole, you are living dangerously. If you come for a short vacation and stick to the girls from the go-go's, you probably don't have too much to worry about. But you can still be a victim of petty crime (which I was on two occasions while visiting there). Don't take freelancers off the street, as many of these girls work with the police to extort money from unsuspecting tourists (I know two guys personally that this has happened to. Anyway, I know quite a few guys that love this place. Just don't understand it. To my mind, Angeles City is the anus of the world.

yes, if you choose to live in that shit hole, you are living dangerously. If you come for a short vacation and stick to the girls from the go-go's, you probably don't have too much to worry about. But you can still be a victim of petty crime (which I was on two occasions while visiting there). Don't take freelancers off the street, as many of these girls work with the police to extort money from unsuspecting tourists (I know two guys personally that this has happened to. Anyway, I know quite a few guys that love this place. Just don't understand it. To my mind, Angeles City is the anus of the world.

This is old new, but never the less bad news when something like this happens.

Here is a link to the story on PIatNight a little over a month ago.

PIatNight Story

There was a lot of talk when I was there last week.

LeoTex

The owner of the FLB looks a bit shifty to me, I think maybe his eyes are too close together! :P

hillbilly.

bar/owners/manangers in Angeles,every 4/5 yrs have someone name the "king of sin" it serves "special interests groups". mainly locals who control the town without ever stepping into the spotlight.greed will bring most foriegn blokes down,lot of jealous owners there.

or you get big noters thinking they can take over[what ever that means]the place,the Manila mob will never ever give up control or Angeles.

remember john Hammer mine host Thunderstruck in angeles check out "harry the horse" blog on hammer on google

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray44

That Richard fella has been stirring a lot of shit over there in AC from what I've heard. He's been kicked out of the country only to find a loophole to get back in, and last I heard his bars were raided multiple times and the police were looking to put his ass away for life. He does seem to have some connections though as he always buys his way out.

That Richard fella has been stirring a lot of shit over there in AC from what I've heard. He's been kicked out of the country only to find a loophole to get back in, and last I heard his bars were raided multiple times and the police were looking to put his ass away for life. He does seem to have some connections though as he always buys his way out.

gaijin.

if this thread was on a angeles city board,a lot of this thread would be deleted.

regards

grayray

i have always said that if you go as a tourist and behave like a tourist you will never have any real problems. sure bad luck happens like a theft or mugging. when i first come to pattaya 2 odd years ago i took good advice from an old expat and applied old street rules. i grew up through the troubles in n.ireland and am well aware of paramilitary style mafia and extortion rackets, protection rackets and power struggle for control.

richard agnew was at school with my brother and even in the police he was a quiet guy. this is a life that goes 2 ways, good or bad.

i,ll stick to being a sex tourist :chogdee

Yet you still visit here.

Sucker for punishment?

I most definitely do not still visit AC. Last time I was there was over three years ago, and after that I swore I would never return-- and I don't intend to. :uh-uh: And incidentally, you have recently made a number of posts that indicate a high level of disillusionment. Have you considered that perhaps AC is what is getting to you?

Edited by peckerwood

I most definitely do not still visit AC. Last time I was there was over three years ago, and after that I swore I would never return-- and I don't intend to. :uh-uh: And incidentally, you have recently made a number of posts that indicate a high level of disillusionment. Have you considered that perhaps AC is what is getting to you?

Sorry, my mistake. I was confusing you with somebody else.

Er, yes. You are probably correct. I've been here long enough now. Getting itchy feet.

I heard a lot of bars in AC have a pyramid system of ownership. Most of the bars make little or no profit from operations. However, as long as the bar brings in additional investors, people make money. But if no new investors come forth, it all implodes.