Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

direct flights Jan heathrow=bkk

where have the cheap direct flights gone for Jan?, at this time in previous years it has been easy to pick up something in the 5 or 6 hundred range, just done a search and even EVA are asking 700+ the cheapest i can see are Thai at £683

where have the cheap direct flights gone for Jan?, at this time in previous years it has been easy to pick up something in the 5 or 6 hundred range, just done a search and even EVA are asking 700+ the cheapest i can see are Thai at £683

I've noticed that every year I need to book a flight earlier to lock in the same price as I got the year before. Booked about 6 weeks ago and got 540 quid for Eva in January so it has gone right up since then.

Usually use lastminute.com and skyscanner.net and they are showing direct prices around the same as you suggest unfortunately.

With EVA, I think you have to look for dates after 15 January. For instance, out on 24 Jan, back on 7 Feb, is £590.33 through Southall Travel.

just noticed on netflights Thai are now offering £598, yesterday it was nearly a ton more :clueless

More seats to fill I guess now that you'll be on the A380 ??

Smaller seat pitch though at 32" instead of 34".

Thai will not be introducing the A380 on the LHR-BKK route until end of 2012.

Sorry just reread what had been released before from Thai-the retrofitted 747's with seat back AVOD systems are on line from December 2011.

Doesnt indicate if both daily flights will use them but hopefully so.

Thai Airways UK website has an advert on it saying that from 15th December they will have seat-back TVs in Economy

Also this news on the long-awaited A380 aircraft:-

THAI has set a tentative date of January 2013 for the operation of its A380-800 operating on its Bangkok-London service. Bigger individual TV screens will be the big improvement in Economy Class and there will be a total of over 500 seats on this aircraft.

Quoted from:-

http://www.thaiairways.co.uk/pages/contacts_and_information/news.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think that Thai will cut their BKK-LHR flights from two to one per day once they take deivery of the A380? <huh

Not at all Gus in my opinion. I think people will flock back to them to be honest. As you are aware from the thread you've been following, I've clocked up 141 round trips and yet only THREE have been on Thai Inter.

Reasons have been onefold and thats it. No AVOD systems, old aircraft etc but put the 380's on line I for one will be returning without question. I wont be alone.

I think they will be packed out.

Not at all Gus in my opinion. I think people will flock back to them to be honest. As you are aware from the thread you've been following, I've clocked up 141 round trips and yet only THREE have been on Thai Inter.

Reasons have been onefold and thats it. No AVOD systems, old aircraft etc but put the 380's on line I for one will be returning without question. I wont be alone.

I think they will be packed out.

I agree, i really want to fly in that big bird, i dont really like flying indirect, i think quantas use them but we are talking big money there..not sure if Thai will hike up their prices yet or not, but i will deinately be looking that way

I agree, i really want to fly in that big bird, i dont really like flying indirect, i think quantas use them but we are talking big money there..not sure if Thai will hike up their prices yet or not, but i will deinately be looking that way

PM

I genuinely dont believe they will hike prices at least initially. I'ts my belief that after a few months of very very heavy loads they will take unfortunately a different view.

Virtually nobody bothers with QA or BA and Eva is not a patch on the service of the 1990's (remember when the flight crew used to bow at the end of flights) so Thai is in a fabulous position to take virtually all the non stop London Bangkok business.

PM

I genuinely dont believe they will hike prices at least initially. I'ts my belief that after a few months of very very heavy loads they will take unfortunately a different view.

Virtually nobody bothers with QA or BA and Eva is not a patch on the service of the 1990's (remember when the flight crew used to bow at the end of flights) so Thai is in a fabulous position to take virtually all the non stop London Bangkok business.

You are completely discounting BA and Qantas? :whistling:

Actually I might give one of them a go if they left from T5. I did a domestic and was impressed how I was actually in arrivals early! My beef was always 75% LHR.

Thai of late has not impressed.....link.

Edited by jacko