Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

My wife and I live south of Loei city about 50 kilometers and we are high and dry. I had to go to Chiang Khan on the 20th for my 90 day check in. Chiang Khan is directly north of Loei city about 50 kilometers and sits beside the Mekong River.

On that 100 kilometer each way trip, there was no standing water and even the big river was no where near to being out of banks. In fact the river level seemed about normal.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was about the same in 1980-something, I'm having a total blackout exactly what year, 1983 ... or so. It went on for three months, too, it was really bad. Then, as now, my own house was in a dry are

To label this years floods "the worst in living memory" is a bit of a stretch considering the Tsunami a few years back.

We have had our fair share of rain in Khon Kaen and more is due today and tomorrow from Tropical Depression Nalgae but, unlike some other areas of Thailand we have been fortunate. Some areas are floo

Posted Images

My wife and I live south of Loei city about 50 kilometers and we are high and dry. I had to go to Chiang Khan on the 20th for my 90 day check in. Chiang Khan is directly north of Loei city about 50 kilometers and sits beside the Mekong River.

On that 100 kilometer each way trip, there was no standing water and even the big river was no where near to being out of banks. In fact the river level seemed about normal.

Looks like floods, are the same as tits- they eventually go south ! :rolleyes:

There was a piece in the Fishwrap about a week ago about all the restaurants in Bangkok forced to close, even though they are in totally dry areas, and on the third floor of the malls and so on. When the Rojana Industrial Estate in Ayutthaya went under, so did the factories that pack and deliver so much of the restaurant food.

Yep ... same story today in KFC with lots of out of stock stickers over the menus. It seems to be the national retailers that are most affected - there doesn't seem to be too much of an issue with local stuff.

Yep ... same story today in KFC with lots of out of stock stickers over the menus. It seems to be the national retailers that are most affected - there doesn't seem to be too much of an issue with local stuff.

My error, I meant Nava Nakorn. Anyhow, here's the article that clued me on all this:

closing.jpg

On the other hand...

Sunday evening, Bloomberg news agency from the centre of Bangkok.

Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok's main international airport, was operating normally along with Don Mueang airport, which mostly handles domestic flights and houses the government's flood relief operations command. The city will experience a high tide from Oct. 28 to Oct. 30, Yingluck said.

... major hotels in downtown areas Silom, Sukhumvit and Sathon were operating normally, even as they took precautions. Sandbags were piled near office buildings and hotels, including the St. Regis owned by Minor International Plc, the nation’s biggest hotel operator.

Couple of items from The Fishwrap on Saturday:

The first shipment of imported drinking water from Malaysia will arrive in Bangkok today, according to a leading retailer.

and here's a shocking headline, who would have thought this would happen, eh? Talk about your "news" stories:

People sell gold for cash during flood

Couple of items from The Fishwrap on Saturday:

The first shipment of imported drinking water from Malaysia will arrive in Bangkok today, according to a leading retailer.

and here's a shocking headline, who would have thought this would happen, eh? Talk about your "news" stories:

People sell gold for cash during flood

Not heard of that happening in LOS before. :unsure:

When they start accepting gold instead of cash, the banks won't like it. Bloomberg and Rothschild, will be up in arms. I think that is what Gaddafi was doing for his oil ? :clueless

Well it is creeping near to areas perhaps some mongers know.

Disaster struck when the flood barricade defending the Phra Khanong canal’s embankments suddenly broke down, discharging large volumes of water to inundate Sukhumvit 48 and 50 roads.

Currently in Pattaya the sun could burn the skin off your back. As forecast roads were chock-a-block last night heading into Pattaya and some stupid Bangkok cow nearly knocked me off my bike because she wasn't looking ahead. Another goon had pulled over on the RHS of the carriage way, hazards on at least, bonnet/hood up. She was overtaking me as I overtook a m/c sidecar and then had to swerve left as she had not been looking and nearly hit me. Thai drivers are fucking stupid. Big tangle at railway line/Soi siam CC. Managed to push through on the bike but most were stationary. Things seemed OK once I got onto Klang although the police had closed it at TOPS. I drove through the barriers! Good night out with no apparent differences. If the sun is blasting in Bangkok like this it should evaporate all of it by tomorrow!!!

Edited by jacko