Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi Gabor.

All reports are more or less unfair. A bad or average agogo will one day become a good one for someone just because it now got a lady that he likes 1luv , and will become average again if/when she moves...

As for myself I compare with the agogos I used to go : Fahrenheit, Shark, Baccara, Sapphire. The "snobbish bars" to me are the ones like Iron, Airport, What's Up and I very rarely visit them.

Oh yes! I forget to mention yet this other good point in favor of Sugar Sugar: no bad tobacco smell inside. :thumbup .

The smell and "fog" in Champagne is very unpleasant...

Absolutely agree.....

Correct list, but I would add a few more to the list....like the Baccara :whistling:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some guys come to the board with the intention of provoking an argument. The more notorious keyboard warriors tend to lack enpowerment in real life. They often don't have voices that are heard outsid

lovedog100   you looking like BRAD PITT as you do. or was it UNCAL FESTA. they must all look average ?   so LIST what SOI LK METRO is missing ? as you been in thailand so many years we would valu

Thanx God... maybe no two week millionaries and the PA & Shhh misled mental sickos...     Who the fuck care about the live music, the decent food, freelancers, russian tourists when going on t

Posted Images

as a converted soi2 man i,m fastly growing to like lk metro area a lot some good bars there and enjoy the DICK INN FOR GAMBLING FOR DRINKS :chogdee

tonight (10-7) is the final night for classroom beer bar before it's demolished to make way for yet another hotel.

Some people seem to have missed the point! Although the topic title mentions Gogo bars i don't think it was intended to become a LK vs WS Gogo comparison!?? Nor did it surmise they are somehow beter in LK it just made the point that the Soi is growing and developing. Surely the point was that the simple fact it "has" Gogo bars makes it a more attractive night out venue?

some of us just want to enjoy a night out and for many that just means having options and variety.

So what if not every Gogo bar has girls that fit your own "spec" - doesn't mean they won't fit the next johns! Besides which if you visit (say) 8 Gogo bars a night your (probably) only going to barfine from ONE anyway.

I for one hope that LK Metro retains it's image as a cheap charlie poor man's walking street, I would hate to have any of the more affluent Walking Street clentele come over and start pushing up prices.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LOVEDOG 100

I can only think youve gone for a face over as you stoped shouting your mouth off ? :wanker

So it seem by the posts that its only you LK METRO holds no life for. :wanker

Or is it because you been SHAMED or you walk round with your eyes & ears closed :banghead

SOI LK THE PLACE TO BE as seen on PATTAYA TALK :kissing :clap1 :clap2 :clap1 :clap2 :c

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

LOVEDOG 100

I can only think youve gone for a face over as you stoped shouting your mouth off ? :wanker

So it seem by the posts that its only you LK METRO holds no life for. :wanker

Or is it because you been SHAMED or you walk round with your eyes & ears closed :banghead

SOI LK THE PLACE TO BE as seen on PATTAYA TALK :kissing :clap1 :clap2 :clap1 :clap2 :c

Yes Spunky, you have shamed me into submission. Should I decide to reply, I would feel compelled to also give instructions on spelling, and the use of Capitol letters, coma's, apostrophes, and periods. More work than I care to do for the ramblings of someone that I really don't care about, or his opinions. For a lot less effort, I could debate Joekicker, at least his replies would be intelligent, readable, and with out all the childish cartoons.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • 1 month later...

JMHO...LK Metro is a happening place with lots of opportunities for fun...great places to drink and plenty of good looking girls.

but...if you're a light sleeper the options for a good nights rest are limited.

My suggestion would be to book early...the Metro Apts would be my choice and request a room in the back of the establishment...room #1 would be my choice.

for guys who go to sleep b/4 4am....the noise of the soi will definitely come into play, especially during the upcoming high season...

Where abouts is Bliss located ? , i always use Lolitas but ill have to check Bliss out

Don't think anyone answered this. It's on 3rd road. Best way I can give directions is the route I would take. Turn off soi Buakhao at Oasis, and follow what I believe is Chaolem Phrakiat 23 (see google maps) to 3rd road - once at the junction it's just on the opposite side of the road - prefer Lolitas as an establishment but the girls at Bliss are better.

• Upvote 1

Don't think anyone answered this. It's on 3rd road. Best way I can give directions is the route I would take. Turn off soi Buakhao at Oasis, and follow what I believe is Chaolem Phrakiat 23 (see google maps) to 3rd road - once at the junction it's just on the opposite side of the road - prefer Lolitas as an establishment but the girls at Bliss are better.

Or opposite Soi Excite on 3rd Rd. Mind you there isn't an Xcite any more, just rubble, and jolly good idea too!

theres not a thing wrong with it other than its not as baht bus accessable as say 2nd rd.

Wrong.

Second Road is less accessable due to it being one way.

Baht busses head North and South from Soi LK Metro almost every minute.

• 3 months later...

Second Road is less accessable [than Soi Buakhao] due to it being one way.

Wrong. Second Rd is clearly most accessible because the bahtbus loop itinerary intercept with all other important bahtbus loops in Pattaya (Naklua, North Rd, Central Rd, South Rd, Jomtien) and Pattaya's important points: Dolphin roundabout, Soi 6, Central Beach Festival, Royal Garden, walking Street, ...

Yes, then it's easy to go OUT of Soi Buakhao, but how do you get INTO Soi Buakhao when you are by example at WS Entrance? Good luck to find the right bahbus that will turn in Soi Buakhao... :(

And to come back on the subject: Two new agogos are announced on Soi LK:

- one were was The Thai Archer GuestHouse

- one were is the Five Bar and adjacent shop

Good to have many agogos on Soi LK, but maybe better I they had good dancers inside...

Wrong. Second Rd is clearly most accessible because the bahtbus loop itinerary intercept with all other important bahtbus loops in Pattaya (Naklua, North Rd, Central Rd, South Rd, Jomtien) and Pattaya's important points: Dolphin roundabout, Soi 6, Central Beach Festival, Royal Garden, walking Street, ...

I'm at the Sabai Resort on Second Road close to Soi 3. How do I get to anywhere south on Second Road by Baht Bus?

I sometimes finish the night off at Drinking Street on Second Road. How did I get back to my Guest House on Soi LK Metro by Baht Bus?

Second Road is only accessible if you're travelling North. Otherwise you have to walk or get a motorbike taxi.

It is easier to get to WS from Soi LK Metro than it is from Second Road. From LK the bus goes South on Soi Buah Kaow and turns right down Pattaya Tai and you jump off at the school. No traffic jam. From Second Road you have to walk down one of the sois to Beach Road and then get a bus South and spend 10 mins stuck in traffic before you get off at WS.

Believe me, I've spent months living on Soi LK and at various hotels along Second Road. I know what I'm talking about.

Yes, then it's easy to go OUT of Soi Buakhao, but how do you get INTO Soi Buakhao when you are by example at WS Entrance? Good luck to find the right bahbus that will turn in Soi Buakhao... :(

We're discussing Soi LK Metro, not Soi Bua Khao. Coming home from WS you get a bus up Second Road and jump off at Soi Diana from where it's a 3 minute walk up Soi Diana to Soi LK. Couldn't be easier.

We're discussing Soi LK Metro, not Soi Bua Khao.

As you want, but You talked of Soi Buakao when you said:

as there is no(t yet a) bahtbus line on Soi LK... ;)

It is easier to get to WS from Soi LK Metro than it is from Second Road.

Seriously, If people can walk Soi Diana to go Soi LK, they can walk from 2nd Rd to Beach Rd to go South. B)

... or if you are - as you said - on 2nd Rd/Soi 3, they can just stop a baht bus showing Beach Rd

and go WS making a loop by the Dolphin roundabout ;)

Any news about these New LK Agogos ?

... or if you are - as you said - on 2nd Rd/Soi 3, they can just stop a baht bus showing Beach Rd

and go WS making a loop by the Dolphin roundabout ;)

Any news about these New LK Agogos ?

You know as well as I do that it's a 50/50 chance if the bus turns East or West at the Dolphin Roundabout.

Haven't heard anything about new Agogos but if the theiving Bitch that owns Thai Archer is behind a new Agogo I won't be spending any money in there. I noticed the shutters were down at the bar as I walked past the other evening.

• 6 months later...

Why does everything thats posted have to turn in to a stupid arguement.Why can,t someone say "hey guys LK Metro is a great alternative place to go"which it is, I enjoy both places but don,t feel the need to lambast either.

Well said!! "Why can't we all just get along??"

Well said!! "Why can't we all just get along??"

Some guys come to the board with the intention of provoking an argument. The more notorious keyboard warriors tend to lack enpowerment in real life. They often don't have voices that are heard outside the punter boards. On the boards, however, it's easy to grab everyone's attention. The non-keyboard warriors do this through informative or entertaining posts; a small number choose a more destructive route, bigging themselves up by trying to drag others down. Since there's a lot of anonymity and little accountability on the boards, the destructive route doesn't often carry any downside risk, other than negative rep votes.

Fear of the future is another factor. Some BMs can't understand why changes are taking place in Pattaya, changes that threaten to make Sin City too expensive for them. When combined with a lack of empowerment and a generous sprinkling of jealousy, this fear causes some to lash out very aggressively at those those they (mistakenly) believe are causing the changes, whether it be new groups of tourists (Russians, Indians, Chinese, etc.); barowners they claim are greedy and girls they feel are spoiled; or even other BMs who pay more than they deem appropriate. Rather than understanding or accepting what's really happening in Pattaya - the Thai economy and tourist industry are developing, which will always mean higher prices - they blame individuals or groups which have little or no role in the process. That can lead to some very ugly board scraps.

Finally, some BMs are simply unaccustomed to taking part in civilized debate. Any topic can be debated vigorously from diametrically opposed positions without resorting to name-calling, flames and insults. However, the notorious keyboard warriors seldom have the skill to do this. To cloak their inability to defend their positions, they attack their opponents, not the opponents' positions. Again, this is nothing new. It goes as far back as far as the ancient Greek rhetoricians and even has a fancy name: the ad hominem fallacy.

I realize it is easy for some to get carried away on the boards. I always ask myself, "Would I say this to the person if I met them face-to-face?" I find it impossible to accept "It's only the Internet" as an excuse for mean-spirited posting.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Some guys come to the board with the intention of provoking an argument. The more notorious keyboard warriors tend to lack enpowerment in real life. They often don't have voices that are heard outside the punter boards. On the boards, however, it's easy to grab everyone's attention. The non-keyboard warriors do this through informative or entertaining posts; a small number choose a more destructive route, bigging themselves up by trying to drag others down. Since there's a lot of anonymity and little accountability on the boards, the destructive route doesn't often carry any downside risk, other than negative rep votes.

Fear of the future is another factor. Some BMs can't understand why changes are taking place in Pattaya, changes that threaten to make Sin City too expensive for them. When combined with a lack of empowerment and a generous sprinkling of jealousy, this fear causes some to lash out very aggressively at those those they (mistakenly) believe are causing the changes, whether it be new groups of tourists (Russians, Indians, Chinese, etc.); barowners they claim are greedy and girls they feel are spoiled; or even other BMs who pay more than they deem appropriate. Rather than understanding or accepting what's really happening in Pattaya - the Thai economy and tourist industry are developing, which will always mean higher prices - they blame individuals or groups which have little or no role in the process. That can lead to some very ugly board scraps.

Finally, some BMs are simply unaccustomed to taking part in civilized debate. Any topic can be debated vigorously from diametrically opposed positions without resorting to name-calling, flames and insults. However, the notorious keyboard warriors seldom have the skill to do this. To cloak their inability to defend their positions, they attack their opponents, not the opponents' positions. Again, this is nothing new. It goes as far back as far as the ancient Greek rhetoricians and even has a fancy name: the ad hominem fallacy.

I realize it is easy for some to get carried away on the boards. I always ask myself, "Would I say this to the person if I met them face-to-face?" I find it impossible to accept "It's only the Internet" as an excuse for mean-spirited posting.

Evil

:devil

+1 A very good reply, very true and accurate