Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

The main reason I attend Pattaya Talk is for the English grammar lessons.

Joe, I am very disappointed in you. This is not about grammar whatsoever, but about the meaning of words. As a student of the Thai language, I'm sure you understand the difference between being jealous and being envious. An American friend of mine used the term "ee-chaa" when trying to convey the meaning that he was jealous of a girl in a bar because she was flirting with another guy. I corrected him, saying that the correct word in this context was "kii heung". I know that the meaning of the words jealous and envious have become blurred in English. Personally I think this is unfortunate. In this one regard, the Thai language is superior to English.

Joe, I am very disappointed in you. This is not about grammar whatsoever, but about the meaning of words.

I see.

And here I thought Pattaya Talk was about mongering, smoking, screwing, finding bargains, lavishing out and enjoying oneself at a certain resort town.

What next, a ban on everything but temple history?

http://www.climatete...nd/pattaya.html

I think this site has better info.

Jack

I guess I don't understand. Your site said 242.6 mm that equals 9.55118 inches. Was my 9 1/2" not close enough for you?

• Downvote 2

I guess I don't understand. Your site said 242.6 mm that equals 9.55118 inches. Was my 9 1/2" not close enough for you?

Jesus Christ! I just thought the site covered the weather better.

Jack

Jesus Christ! I just thought the site covered the weather better.

Jack

I still don't understand. Better than what? I didn't post a web site, or say the site I got my information from. (Which by the way, gave the same information)

I went out and personally measured the rainfall that the storm dropped at my house in Pattaya, then posted it for board members interested. Tell me how your web site is better than that?

• Downvote 2

I still don't understand. Better than what? I didn't post a web site, or say the site I got my information from. (Which by the way, gave the same information)

I went out and personally measured the rainfall that the storm dropped at my house in Pattaya, then posted it for board members interested. Tell me how your web site is better than that?

I posted a pattaya weather site that gave rainfall etc. for all year. I didn't refer to or think about your post. Why you thought it was a personal attack I have no idea. Better than just one day was what I had in mind. I didn't go out and measure because it didn't seem to be that fucking important. Believe me, I will not post any other sites if the water is 12 feet deep. And I will not measure it either.

Jack

p.s. I just re-read the thread and saw I had your post in my reply. Instead of just adding a reply I replied to your post. That is why you thought I was responding to your post. I will be sure to scroll to the bottom before I post again. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by jaxxon55

I posted a pattaya weather site that gave rainfall etc. for all year. I didn't refer to or think about your post. Why you thought it was a personal attack I have no idea. Better than just one day was what I had in mind. I didn't go out and measure because it didn't seem to be that fucking important. Believe me, I will not post any other sites if the water is 12 feet deep. And I will not measure it either.

Jack

p.s. I just re-read the thread and saw I had your post in my reply. Instead of just adding a reply I replied to your post. That is why you thought I was responding to your post. I will be sure to scroll to the bottom before I post again. Sorry for the confusion.

OK, no problem. Your quote of my post is what I couldn't understand, it looked as you were replying to me. Mistakes happen.

• Downvote 2

I'd be interested in weather and flooding updates thats what this thread began as wasn't it ??? Due over in 15 days main purpose of visit is golf so if anyone knows of course damage or closure due to the weather it would be greatly appreciated

I'd be interested in weather and flooding updates thats what this thread began as wasn't it ??? Due over in 15 days main purpose of visit is golf so if anyone knows of course damage or closure due to the weather it would be greatly appreciated

The only flooding in and around Pattaya will be because of heavy rain. It's not rivers overflowing like Bangkok and so on. There is no way to predict when, if or how much flooding there will be in and right around Pattaya, it depends on the weather and rain gods of the day.

The only flooding in and around Pattaya will be because of heavy rain. It's not rivers overflowing like Bangkok and so on. There is no way to predict when, if or how much flooding there will be in and right around Pattaya, it depends on the weather and rain gods of the day.

Thanks a sensible reply. Lets hope November has the sun god shinning on us, I know there are many other things to do in Pattaya but if that were the reason for travelling half way around the world I wouldnt stay for a month at a time.

Cheers

Thanks a sensible reply. Lets hope November has the sun god shinning on us, I know there are many other things to do in Pattaya but if that were the reason for travelling half way around the world I wouldnt stay for a month at a time.

Cheers

The other thing is that Pattaya itself and certainly attractions like the golf courses drain pretty well, and it's really HUGELY unusual to be flooded out of anything for more than a day. You shouldn't miss many tee times in November, if any at all. This is the climax of the rainy season right about now. Enjoy.

I saw Gabor with the hungarian girlfriend and also think he should be fucking her - with a thai girl added for some extra spice. But that is up to them - and it is good of Gabor to share the pics.