Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I really used to like the bars in Soi 2 and have had some great nights there. I also like to use the Sabai Inn but what with the building and the closures I have moved on for the time being. I tried for one picture that represented the changes and I hope that the following tells you the state of the Soi.

Cambodia 2011 033.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I just got back from a few nights stay in the Sabai Wing. I have been using the Sabai Lodge and Sabai Wing for a number of years now and was also concerned regards the demise of Soi 2.

I will try to post a few photos I took last week.

Having a few probs. Wait out.

Last Sat,

Work at Soi 4, 2nd Road junctio. Where I think Noi Bar 4 was, all the bars in that complex have gone:

6232287328_a4e7a4c593_z.jpg

Soi 2 to 3, along 2nd Rd:

6232250252_3eea989562_z.jpg

Edited by python

Soi 2, Last Sunday,

6231583805_f907f51b9e_z.jpg

6232214102_95a44902a5_z.jpg

Hope it works this time!

At last, I'm posting photos!! Only took me over 6 years to bother!

For those interested, I will try to post photos of the building work around Sabai Lodge and the new "Garden Pool" that was previously the Ruen Thai pool. It is a great improvement. Pool is the same just renamed, new bar(open) and restuarant(opening soon) and the whole pool sun lounger area is much bigger, as the chalets have gone and entire pool area has been resurfaced.

Regards.

Edited by python

Note while all the buildings are razed if you walk down Soi 2 the spirit houses are untouched and still being used. Thai's aren't going to knock those little houses down.

Soi 2, Last Sunday,

Thanks for putting in the time and effort. I have mixed feelings about the developments on Soi 2. I had some great times in the bars there but it would be fair to say that they've really been in decline for more than 5 years now.

I read somewhere else that the Kamm Pann country pub next to the Sabai Inn was finished. Anyone know if that's true?

Edited by CheshireTom

Thanks for putting in the time and effort. I have mixed feelings about the developments on Soi 2. I had some great times in the bars there but it would be fair to say that they've really been in decline for more than 5 years now.

I read somewhere else that the Kamm Pann country pub next to the Sabai Inn was finished. Anyone know if that's true?

They were using it in June as a centre for functions for the entire Sabai staffs. I make the assumption that they must run into the hundreds now as they are way and above any other hoteliers in the area. Perhaps that is what they intend to use it for.

They were using it in June as a centre for functions for the entire Sabai staffs. I make the assumption that they must run into the hundreds now as they are way and above any other hoteliers in the area. Perhaps that is what they intend to use it for.

That would make sense. I was fortunate enough to get invited to the SabaiDee staff party 7 or 8 years ago and that took place in early June in the Kamm Pann. thumbup.gif

Having a few probs. Wait out.

Last Sat,

Work at Soi 4, 2nd Road junctio. Where I think Noi Bar 4 was, all the bars in that complex have gone:

6232287328_a4e7a4c593_z.jpg

Soi 2 to 3, along 2nd Rd:

6232250252_3eea989562_z.jpg

It was called ''ONE BAR NOI 3'' but you was close mate :thumbup it was run by a good friend of mine, NOK. She is currently looking after her sisters bar next to Yuth Bar at the top of Soi 3 and informed me that her new bar will be in exactly the same place as before and hoping to be up and running for mid November.

again thanks for posting the pics, despite staying at Sabai Lodge numerous times i have never really utilised any of those bar that have been demolished becuase the damm music was always too loud in them.

It was called ''ONE BAR NOI 3'' but you was close mate :thumbup it was run by a good friend of mine, NOK. She is currently looking after her sisters bar next to Yuth Bar at the top of Soi 3 and informed me that her new bar will be in exactly the same place as before and hoping to be up and running for mid November.

i.ve known nok and noi for many years and been in thier homes and ate out with all the family and would,nt trust either of them as far as throw them. i have seen nok rip guys off in the bar, fix thier bills and more.

nok is all right with me but i never let my bills get to big :chogdee