Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Come on guys! Over twenty-four hours and still no reply? Someone must have wandered away from Walking Street and checked out Sabai Wing (or Sabai Lodge) at some stage.

I stayed at the Sabai Wing for a week in mid-January (I was between condo rentals). It was good, no complaints on my part. I didn't notice any outside construction noise at all, but I'm a sound sleeper. There was some construction going on inside the hotel itself, but it didn't begin until 10.00 am on weekdays and wasn't that noisy at its worst. That work may well have been completed by now.

I have no info on the baht buses on Soi 2 as I always walked down Soi 1 to Beach Road and caught the bus there when heading to points south.

Evil

:devil

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tell u what, don't flatter yourself! you just ignore my posts. I think that would be best. You simply bore me. I believe if more BM's adopted this attitude then perhaps you would not feel obliged to

Well, you are being a cunt, your word, get a life, though, not that I care. But cunts, like you, don't help. This is my first attempt to post photos.   Glad I bothered.   I accept that this bo

I know that other BM's as are interested in this hotel I am, so I will try to post a few pics I took only last week:         The hotel really does seem to be on the up. I just hope the loca

Posted Images

Many thanks for the info EP. I’d hate to think that I would be disturbed by banging – unless it was me doing the banging of course.

Sadly, as you have used your own past experiences and didn’t make a specific journey I’m afraid you do not qualify for the cash reward, however TL may still qualify for a nice shiny 10 baht coin!

Seriously – many thanks for the info and any info yet to come.

Any updates on the building work near Sabai Wing?

SW was very good when I stayed there last year, and I’m thing of booking it again for mid-March.

Is the building noise still a problem, and what is the news on baht busses running on Soi 2?

Any info would be gratefully received.

i am actually in sabai wing now, i am on the soi 1 side right at the end, the construction is taking place outside my door. I can her the construction however by the time the tv is on i cant hear anything the noise has also never been a problem in the morning i have never been woken up by it (though i have been pretty maow most nights)

If your a light sleeper it could be a problem if your on the other side of the pool it will be no problem

Thanks for the info.

I think the place will be fine for another stay. I’ll ask for a room on the Soi 2 side.

Are the baht busses still running every few minutes on Soi 2?

Thanks again - much appreciated.

the baht buses are still heading down soi 2 , classroom agogo is about all that is left.

dont knowcif its been mentioned before but i was having a chat with the manager/papasan at sabiland and asked if hotel was going to be another Sabi Group Hotel and he said the land was owned by same people as Siam Country Club and it was going to be a 24 story hotel

• If your looking in the short term for a Soi 2 room then try the Sabai Inn. I have stayed there a number of times and whilst there are some minor niggles its good value at the Internet rate and of course you have all the facilities of the Sabai pools. I will be there this week staying for almost 4 so I have faith in the place. The only real downer for me is lack of a balcony but as I am in the pool area all day, no real issue.

I live on Soi 1 opposite the new wing, the new building next to the Indian Restaurant is up to the 2nd floor now and is apparently going to be an 8 floor building. I know we have a few buidlings between us and the site but the noise appears to be low at the moment. They have opened the building site at the top of Soi 2 now, that is quite a large site so I would imagine the pile drivers could be starting there soon.

As for the baht buses, some still run down Soi 2 and as has been mentioned some only want single fares but others carry passengers as normal. I catch one here everyday for work and never have to wait more than a few minutes.

Hope this helps.

Pile drivers – that sounds like fun, but not early morning fun.

I’ll probably stick with Sabai Wing for mid-March, but if it proves noisy I’ll move on.

Each visit I try to check out a few hotels for future ref. If I CAN stand the possible pile drivers (and the ladies can stand mine, hem, hem), I’ll add Sabai Inn to my inspection list for next time.

Must admit Sabai Wing was pretty good last year.

Thanks again for the help and advice.

Here is an update,

The construction is getting underway in Soi 2 with the boring machines now on site. Not a great deal of noise at this stage.

There seems to be on occasion a hell of din coming from Soi 1 at the moment. It was very noticeable yesterday in the pool are which borders soi 2 so the noise does carry a bit.

I have had zero issues with noise at the Sabai Inn.

There are still baht buses running down the soi but they are looking for a taxi fare and rarely stop.

Thanks for the updates

I'm booked in the sabai Empress at Easter, other side of Soi 1

I've got a corner room which is on the end of the building next to the Bowling.

Will I be OK noise wise?

Are the bars still operating opposite Classroom agogo?

he vertical borers ghot into top gear today at the new site at the top of Soi 2. It is going to be a bit noisy during the day however I have a room backing onbto the Soi 2 Inn and can here nothing so no complaints from me.

The building site is where the old beer bars were opposite the Classroom which in now the only place left serving drinks in the Soi.

The building site is where the old beer bars were opposite the Classroom which in now the only place left serving drinks in the Soi.

Wow! Didn't realise it was there, I am gutted -Thanks

Spent many happy years in those bars, a lot of live music around that area.

Appears I should be far enough away next door to the hollywood bowl at the Empress.

• 1 month later...

OK - I'm here now, shocked to see the entire beer bars complex on soi 2 has gone. Currently totally flattened to sand. No noise at night and new construction has not got going as yet. Very quiet at Sabai Lodge now without the heavy bass from the beer bars.

As posted previously, ONLY Lek's Classroom is left on the soi and little traffic going down. I have seen some Baht busses going though.

New Sabai Wing is fully functional, there is good access between all the Sabai Hotels and Sabai Dee Massage.

Rhuen Thai area has been redeveloped around the existing pool, new restaurant and bar area in place of the chalets.

Maximum bar top of soi 3 also shutdown for re-development. First real action is the Atlantic bar Area.

ouch soi 2 bars gone !

are the bars at soi 2 facing second road ..(up one flight of stairs.. cherry bar etc.)...still going?

Yes this is the first real bar area you come to now walking down from Big C

Top of Soi 2 very quiet, it's strange.

Also just found out ALL BARS SHUT for 3 days 8th 9th 10th April No beer drinking!!!

Yes this is the first real bar area you come to now walking down from Big C

Top of Soi 2 very quiet, it's strange.

Also just found out ALL BARS SHUT for 3 days 8th 9th 10th April No beer drinking!!!

A bit off thread but last month when there was a bar closure the Sabai group did not have any alcohol on sale either. I took a walk up the Naklua Road and there was all the booze in the world for sale up there.

• 3 months later...

Thinking of staying at Sabai Wing (again) late October / early November.

Is there still construction work going on in that area or have things settled down now?

As usual, any info will be gratefully received.

I was in Pattaya last month and stayed in Soi 2. The site at the top where I believe the next Sabai is going was still below ground and the concrete pour for the foundations was still happening. On this basis I think that its fair to say that there will be construction till at least the end of the year.

Many thanks for the information TL.

I’ll check nearer to the time if there any noise or banging. Er, banging from the construction work, that is.

Edited by DrPat
  • 3 months later...

Recently back from a very pleasant break in Pattaya. In common with my last couple of visits, I stayed at Sabai Wing (linked to Sabai Lodge) on Soi 1.

Whilst I usually make more enquiries as to building noise, on this occasion I only made cursory research. Mistake.

When I checked in, as is the usual custom, I was asked for my credit card. When it was returned I was told that payment had been taken for my one-week stay. I realise that it is in the hotel’s Ts & Cs, but on previous stays they have only requested a copy of my card, not payment in full. With a smile I said I would rather pay on departure, to be told that I had already been charged. I repeated that I would like to pay on departure. Again I was told that I had already been charged. This went on for a bit... but there was no offer of a refund.

I’m sure that the building noise from the junction Soi 2 / Second Road started at about 6.30 am on at least one occasion and was certainly up and running by 8.30 am each day. It continued up to about 8 pm.

Perhaps it’s just my suspicious nature, but I think it’s just possible that I was charged up front to stop me moving out on day 2.

To be absolutely honest, the noise could have been worse (it was mostly hand tools) and I did generally manage to sleep through it, but if you are a light sleeper, I would give Sabai Wing a miss until the work is finished, and make sure you are not charged on arrival.

Amusingly, the building company is called ‘Pre-Built’, but to me there wasn’t much evidence of pre-building. Here is the view from Sabai Wing:

2012-11-03 16.39.28.jpg

Edited by DrPat

Recently back from a very pleasant break in Pattaya. In common with my last couple of visits, I stayed at Sabai Wing (linked to Sabai Lodge) on Soi 1.

Whilst I usually make more enquiries as to building noise, on this occasion I only made cursory research. Mistake.

When I checked in, as is the usual custom, I was asked for my credit card. When it was returned I was told that payment had been taken for my one-week stay. I realise that it is in the hotel’s Ts & Cs, but on previous stays they have only requested a copy of my card, not payment in full. With a smile I said I would rather pay on departure, to be told that I had already been charged. I repeated that I would like to pay on departure. Again I was told that I had already been charged. This went on for a bit... but there was no offer of a refund.

I’m sure that the building noise from the junction Soi 2 / Second Road started at about 6.30 am on at least one occasion and was certainly up and running by 8.30 am each day. It continued up to about 8 pm.

Perhaps it’s just my suspicious nature, but I think it’s just possible that I was charged up front to stop me moving out on day 2.

To be absolutely honest, the noise could have been worse (it was mostly hand tools) and I did generally manage to sleep through it, but if you are a light sleeper, I would give Sabai Wing a miss until the work is finished, and make sure you are not charged on arrival.

Amusingly, the building company is called ‘Pre-Built’, but to me there wasn’t much evidence of pre-building. Here is the view from Sabai Wing:

Maybe the best course of action is to pay with cash? I once stayed there for about six or seven weeks straight, and at the end they charged my Amex. No problem with that, but when I got the bill, it included a hefty currency transaction fee. For what I paid for the fee, I could have stayed there another two days.

Maybe the best course of action is to pay with cash? I once stayed there for about six or seven weeks straight, and at the end they charged my Amex. No problem with that, but when I got the bill, it included a hefty currency transaction fee. For what I paid for the fee, I could have stayed there another two days.

Hard not to pay with a CC these days. I recently had a hotel stay where my card was hit 3 times, once for the deposit of one day on booking, again for the full 3 days stay + an extra bit to cover consumption at check-in and again on check-out for the full amount. The only deduction appears to be the final check-out bill, but the available credit still reflects the two earlier hits. I don't trust Thailand with Credit Cards......

Perhaps with cash, they would require you to pay for the full reserved stay up-front. Whether claiming no money would work or they would accept a single night I don't know. It is all a little dishonest...long gone are the days when I could check-in with a 500 baht deposit and settle up 2 weeks later on check out. (Normally being scammed for the 500 I had forgotten of by then. :D )

Edited by jacko