Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Is this now common in Walking Street? i had 3 sightings in my 3 day stay..could have been the same person ,but how would you know? Full body coverings ,including gloves,following behind their bearded husband....just seems to ruin your fun by even looking at them.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, it's all about the money, nobody cares a whit that it's the second biggest religion and widely seen, discussed and known. Only money counts to those Thais. The fact it's in the constitution and a

It’s more of a problem with arrogant uneducated racist rather than a certain religion, And I don’t know what is bothering you; you should help me to stop them from going since they are that bad.

Posted Images

Strange that people with such devout beliefs would choose Pattaya as their holiday destination but if they're happy and cool with it then why not? They have no less right to be there than anyone else. Can't say I have noticed any women dressed this way in Pattaya before.

Strange that people with such devout beliefs would choose Pattaya as their holiday destination but if they're happy and cool with it then why not? They have no less right to be there than anyone else. Can't say I have noticed any women dressed this way in Pattaya before.

I've always thought it has more to do with control than any religious "belief". :thumbup

I've always thought it has more to do with control than any religious "belief". :thumbup

Yes the oppression that women suffer in many nations is awful but what can you do? It's their culture.

Is this now common in Walking Street? i had 3 sightings in my 3 day stay..could have been the same person ,but how would you know? Full body coverings ,including gloves,following behind their bearded husband....just seems to ruin your fun by even looking at them.

Yeah, really, why do YOU care what fantasies other people have and how they live them out?

Was it actually a Burqa, which I alway associate with Afghanistan and has a cage like veil, or the black coverings more common around the Middle East?

I most certainly see the latter around, curious people who are somewhat lost, perhaps no differently than the guy from the UK with his wife who was sold a beach holiday in the sun.

It disturbs me too, but only in as much as it reminds me too much of a past life, surrounded by such sights.

Lots of people come to Pattaya with no knowledge of the P4P scene. The brochures at the travel agent certainly don't mention the delights of WS or soi 6. They simply promote the "beach" and the numerous attractions like Alcazar, Nong Nooch etc.

Thats so that they can't be recognized on the security cameras.

Good point. That's why we all need to be vigilant when they're about. So what you want about equality and the like but statistics don't lie. How often do you hear of a terrorist plot that don't have the people of that cultjure behind it. Anyone happen to remember 9/11.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Was it actually a Burqa, which I alway associate with Afghanistan and has a cage like veil,

Most people wouldn't know a burqa from a hijab. That said, there's lots of Iranians, and some of the chador are close to burqas, especially if you really haven't a clue about it all.

But again, is this really the purpose of Pattaya, to get pixxed at the way some people dress? If so, just consider what most Thais are saying about you (general "you" jacko, pace).

Here to stay........for a while...we all know how accomodating Thailand is to other cultures, religious beliefs and the money it brings in. It's a revolving door.

I was with a girl I've known on and off for 10 yrs in BKK last week. I'd not seen her for 2 yrs and I asked her how things have changed.

'MMMM before Sabai Sabai have falang 90% now Arab, Indian, Chocolate man 90% China and falang little bit'

And then she expanded on her theme...... ' When I go disco, everywhere have chocolate man....... We learn and can work, but they all same..They run away, or not pay what they say. If falang like me he cannot come because chocolate man come to me first. I ask taxi can take me disco where not have Chocolate man...........It long way, and EVEN HERE have chocolate man! One offer me 5000 baht but I not go. I scare he live long way and will not give me.'......

........."Now have soi called, 'soi chocolate'' I guessed this was the low odd number sois off Suk but she said in another area I didn't know. "Here everyone Arab,or India or Chocolate it's very funny".

I don't see it being a problem if this new influx adapt to Thai ways. Or meet half-way. It's if the girls start needing protection and pimps become involved that the whole scene changes. I suspect it won't come to that and in the meantime the comparatively docile and honest falang mongerers are becoming highly sought after. Not quite her words but exactly the sentiments she expressed.

Pattaya will have its' own Burqa boutiques..........I can imagine the scene......"Humm ......Fatima, does my bomb look big in this"?

Edited by atlas2

I note that the first response for some is to play the Muslim card. For me its all about women being kept in their place which is at the bottom of the heap, irrespective of what some publicity would like you to believe. I just totally hate these things call them burka, chador or hijab.

They are just monsterous and I hope that the idiots that bring their ladies here in them suffer from what they have them to put up with. I am sure that these religeous zealots are thrilled with what they see in Pattaya. I also hope that they go home and tell the rest of the zealots to give Pattaya a miss.

I agree .... whistling.gif

It may ruin your fun, but it would hardly bother me what someone else is wearing. I am more offended by seeing farangs walking around in black socks and sandals, or swaggering into bars and restaurants with no shirts on TBHyikes.gif

I am usually too busy looking at semi clad Thai ladies to notice what anyone else is wearing, let alone be bothered by it.

Not everyone who visits Thailand is a sex tourist unsure.gif

" I was having a great time, drinking in bars, shagging women, having a laugh with my mates, but then..........................................I saw a woman covered, in Walking street. It completely ruined my fun." well I wonder ???yikes.gif

I remember Walking St from many years ago when the girls would try and out slut each other in the tiniest shorts imaginable and Walking St truly was a visual delight,but they started to cover up and modesty prevailed when the normal family groups starting arriving Ahhhh the good old days

Edited by Grahamxxx

It may ruin your fun, but it would hardly bother me what someone else is wearing. I am more offended by seeing farangs walking around in black socks and sandals, or swaggering into bars and restaurants with no shirts on TBH

That's a fair point, given that some of the uncovered sights are quite shocking, I'd sooner see people covered up any day. :thumbup

Here to stay........for a while...we all know how accomodating Thailand is to other cultures, religious beliefs and the money it brings in. It's a revolving door.

Yes, it's all about the money, nobody cares a whit that it's the second biggest religion and widely seen, discussed and known. Only money counts to those Thais. The fact it's in the constitution and a duty of the King has nothing to do with it. There's no tolerance, that's just a show to attract the bucks. All about money, that's the Thais for you. They just put in a Muslim commander of the army because it would get more money.

• Upvote 3

It may ruin your fun, but it would hardly bother me what someone else is wearing. I am more offended by seeing farangs walking around in black socks and sandals, or swaggering into bars and restaurants with no shirts on TBHyikes.gif

I am usually too busy looking at semi clad Thai ladies to notice what anyone else is wearing, let alone be bothered by it.

Not everyone who visits Thailand is a sex tourist unsure.gif

" I was having a great time, drinking in bars, shagging women, having a laugh with my mates, but then..........................................I saw a woman covered, in Walking street. It completely ruined my fun." well I wonder ???yikes.gif

When you wear your socks and sandals mate, you are free to do so. It is many peoples opinion that these women are ordered to cover up, and such mistreatment of women can be offensive and even ruin the OPs fun, just as seeing a woman yelled at or slapped would. imho.

Local shop UK, the daughter of the owner dressed western until she got married. Then she dressed in traditional gear and headscarves. Did her dress taste change overnight? Or did her new hubby tell her what to wear?