Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, it's all about the money, nobody cares a whit that it's the second biggest religion and widely seen, discussed and known. Only money counts to those Thais. The fact it's in the constitution and a

It’s more of a problem with arrogant uneducated racist rather than a certain religion, And I don’t know what is bothering you; you should help me to stop them from going since they are that bad.

Posted Images

Got an email Joe, saying you had quoted a post I made, despite me telling you many times that you are on ignore. I can't see your posts mate. Not sure how many times you need told something before it sinks in!!!

• Downvote 1

Got an email Joe, saying you had quoted a post I made, despite me telling you many times that you are on ignore. I can't see your posts mate. Not sure how many times you need told something before it sinks in!!!

Yeah it's my fault I reply to posts in the thread. You won't participate, my fault. Two words for you, Obsessed one.

Just got an email. Joe's still talking to himself in cyberspace! How bizarre :rolleyes:

Where did it all go wrong for someone to end up talking to themselves online! It's the internet equivalent of a drunken vagrant shouting in the street :D

• Downvote 1

To be honest I wish those shirtless falangs who walk around Walking Ater at night would wear a burqa as quite frankly they are an embarrassment.

Totally agree except that they do this through choice and not because they are repressed or second class citizens. Also the local councils could rule tomorrow that you must wear a shirt and it could be enforced but they coule not bring in a law saying that face coverings have to be done away with.This would lead to violence almost immediately.

So it does bother you what others are wearing! :clueless

Not to the point of ruining my trip no. I am not that bothered by any of it. In the grand scale of things, I am more bothered if my morning coffee is not served piping hot unsure.gif

Edited by Gawd Elpus

Totally agree except that they do this through choice and not because they are repressed or second class citizens. Also the local councils could rule tomorrow that you must wear a shirt and it could be enforced but they coule not bring in a law saying that face coverings have to be done away with.This would lead to violence almost immediately.

Agreed. Seems that violence works for muslims and they are quick to use it or hide behind human rights laws even though they don't seem to believe in human rights.

• Upvote 1

Just got an email. Joe's still talking to himself in cyberspace! How bizarre rolleyes

There's lots of people here, rolleyed one.

Agreed. Seems that violence works for muslims and they are quick to use it or hide behind human rights laws even though they don't seem to believe in human rights.

Is there some reference to a violent woman in a "burqa" on Walking Street. Can you provide that link, I definitely missed it.

Ah. A are view of Joe away from his computer :lol: I'm glad he is getting out more. He was going mad and posting to himself!

Obsession, we get that you have joek on ignore.

Total lack of imagination by the observers of these women.

Chance for a new football chant; " Get your face out ! Get your face out ! Get your face out for the laaaaads, get your face out for the lads.... :thumbup

Two women, wearing the full face garb, were talking to an English woman outside Tesco last week. I think they were asking directions, but the poor woman couldn't understand a word they were saying. With no view of their lips and their African accent,she couldn't grasp it They eventually gave up.

Edit to add for those non Brits, it is usually 'tits out'

Edited by nidnoyham

Not Pattaya related, but it fits in with the thread.

© Cyan FilmsIranian actress sentenced to 90 lashes, 1 year in jail

Oct. 11, 2011, 8:15 PM EST

By Joshua L. Weinstein

TheWrap

An Iranian actress has been sentenced to 90 lashes and a year in jail for starring in an Australian movie with a shaved head -- and no head-covering.

Marzieh Vafamehr, who appeared in "My Tehran for Sale," has appealed the sentence.

According to Amnesty International, Vafamehr also appears to drink alcohol in the movie. Consuming alcohol is banned under Iranian law. The penalty is 80 lashes -- for the first offense.

Bing: 'My Tehran for Sale' trailer

The Australian movie, oddly enough, is about an actress in Iran who is forced to live a secret life in order to express herself.

In a written statement to TheWrap, producers Julie Ryan and Kate Croser said Tuesday that the actress's involvement in the film "was limited to her role as an actress and she was not in any other way involved in the behind-the-scenes filmmaking."

"As producers of the film 'My Tehran for Sale' we would like to express our deep shock and sadness at the sentence imposed by the Iranian government," they wrote.

Richard Harris, CEO of the South Australian Film Corp., wrote, "We are deeply disturbed by Marzieh Vafamehr's sentence for appearing in Granaz Moussavi's groundbreaking film, which is itself about the risks that artists are prepared to take for creative expression.

Amnesty International on Tuesday criticized the sentence -- and flogging in general.

"If Vafamehr is held solely on account of the peaceful exercise of her ight to freedom of expression, she should be released immediately and unconditionally," the human rights organization said in a written statement.

Vafamehr's sentence is only the most recent example of the Iranian regime's ongoing crackdown on the entertainment industry.

On Sept. 17, Iran arrested five documentary directors and a producer and distributor. Among them was Mojtaba Mirtahmasb, who was detained at the Tehran airport as he prepared to go to the Toronto Film Festival.

And in December 2010, director Jafar Panahi was arrested. He has been sentenced to six years in prison and was banned from filmmaking and from speaking with the foreign press for 20 years.

Not Pattaya related, but it fits in with the thread.

Fits exactly except that it's not in Pattaya, she's never been to Walking Street and Iranians don't generally wear burqas. Other than that, though...

Fits exactly except that it's not in Pattaya, she's never been to Walking Street and Iranians don't generally wear burqas. Other than that, though...

It totally fits with the thread when you go for a wander around the Arab area of Pattaya. Have you noticed those pious Arabs all with bottles of booze on the tables? Have you noted them with the Pattaya bar girls? Its OK for the men to flout the code but not for the women. I usually walk through Covent Garden each night and then through the drumming plaza. I once was silly enough to point a camera at the area and was quickly told that it was a no no. Go to Walking Street and every other tourist has a camera out but point it on an Arab as he is breaking the sharia law and you are risking life and limb.

I am not anti anybody other than anti hypocrites and there are a lot of them in Pattaya but I have to put the Arabs at the top of the list.

I am not anti anybody other than anti hypocrites and there are a lot of them in Pattaya but I have to put the Arabs at the top of the list.

Just out of idle (really) curiosity, why don't you notice the hypocritical Buddhists? There are about... what?.... 300 times as many of them? I can't remember a single post in a single thread in this forum that even mentioned it.

Just out of idle (really) curiosity, why don't you notice the hypocritical Buddhists? There are about... what?.... 300 times as many of them? I can't remember a single post in a single thread in this forum that even mentioned it.

He just said.....'top of a list' In your blind rush to, 'get one over' somebody you don't even read.......or seem to comprehend the lines you quote.

Edited by atlas2

I've posted on this before. It's shocking.........criminal.... and fucking disgusting.

Before Joe and Allah Elpus start..........Not all Muslim countries...........Not all female Muslims...Not every fire. Just these 15 girls. In this Muslim country. in this school fire.... It sure meant something more to the schoolgirls who screamed their young lives to cinders than Joe's picky,pointless pedandtry and Elpus' (please 'Elpus), mitigation...All for a fucking dress code.

Forgive my language and read the link.

My link

Edited by atlas2

I've posted on this before. It's shocking.........criminal.... and fucking disgusting.

Before Joe and Allah Elpus start..........Not all Muslim countries...........Not all female Muslims...Not every fire. Just these 15 girls. In this Muslim country. in this school fire.... It sure meant something more to the schoolgirls who screamed their young lives to cinders than Joe's picky,pointless pedandtry and Elpus' (please 'Elpus), mitigation...All for a fucking dress code.

Forgive my language and read the link.

My link

Saudi Arabia 2002

next .......................................................................................

Not all Muslim countries are like saudi Arabia. So yes, not all Muslim countries. Now work your way through news stories from all the others. Whether you agree with their religion or not, and i do not endorse the involuntary wearing of religious costume, It is still their right under their religion to walk covered in walking Street and there is NO law against it. whether you or I may like it or not.

What some seem to forget, is that there are many living in Muslim countries, who are compelled to abide by Muslim law. it is not a choice. Therefore it does not surprise me one bit that you find Arabs drinking alcohol in Pattaya. i would do the same, probably, just as a break from the norm. If prostitution was totally illegal in UK, would you call those that visit Pattaya and have sex with bar girls, hypochrits ?? of course not. The very same Arabs who are drinking, are not preaching their religion to us t the same time. Nor do they go walking around questioning our habits in Pattaya. They are just tourists like us. Like em, dont like em, who cares.

Whether any of us agree or disagree with elements of their religion, it is their religion and not ours. most of us were brought up in Christian societies, but are now happy to dwell in Sodom and Gomorrah or Pattaya 1luvu.gif In our culture it is perfectly acceptable for women to dance naked and sell their bodies to us men, and even cool to exploit them when we wish. i wonder how far the double standards really extend to. They are opposite sides to a coin.

Do I agree with women being covered ? No. But that also does not give me the right to change it. If you go down south and even places like Krabi town, you will see far more Thai Muslim women walking around covered. They are not bar girls either. bow.gif

We may have the right to object to it in our own countries, but we do not have the right to lay down the law when as guests in other countries. It amazes me at how so many western men go to work in Muslim countries getting paid, good tax free money, yet they choose to quite happily and accept the culture which they have placed themselves in. its a different story then of course nod.gif

Until there are any such laws in Thailand outlawing the full covering of women, then it is their right (or their husbands right depending on whether they choose it or adhere to their religious customs) If some are offended by a handful of women covered, in WS, go some place else, where you do not have to see it. Just as if you are offended by beggars and street hawkers, then dont go to beer bars. We are guests in Thailand, it aint our country and we dont have any say about the law. Capiche ?????

So Atlas, man of the world, let me ask you this.

if you saw a gaggle of catholic Nuns in full robes, walking along beach road, would you be outraged or offended ??? The principle of their dress is more or less the same.

Now here is the real rub....................................................................just because many of us have abandoned the principles of our faiths, we expect others to follow. unsure.gif I wonder how Lord Jesus would have looked down on Pattaya, and what he would have said ??

But one thing I have learned is not to judge others before i judge myself and yes I am a filthy sex tourist or at least used to be yikes.gif

Bring back King Richard the Lion heart to lead the crusades into the Holy land teach them our Christian ways.bj4.gif

We are all fucking hypocrites in our own way.

Edited by Gawd Elpus

I ai'nt no feminist- as you may have worked out for yourselves, but this little story made me angry.

On another post I mentioned an Indonesian Muslim lady was 'seeing' this summer. She was a widow, whose late husband was a RC missionary convert to Islam, to allow him to marry her.

I cheekily asked her if she was still a virgin when she got married aged 22. She paused, than began to sob. she told me she wasn't a virgin because her boyfriend raped her two years earlier.

He had arrived at her house on a motorbike just a it began to rain. Her chaperone had to leave to visit her elderly mother and the boyfriend should have left too, but asked if he could stay until the rain stopped. The chaperone was not keen to allow this, but this lady agreed. As it got late, she went to bed leaving the boyfriend to leave when the rain stopped. Well , he didn't. he came to her room and raped her. She couldn't even scream out, because her Muslim neighbours would find out she was alone with a man, spit at her in the street..... It would have been her fault not his.

The boyfriend was an aide to her 5 star General uncle and was moved away to another area. She was found to be pregnant by then and had to go to a private clinic to give birth. An Austarlian couple adopted the baby. She later met a Christain lad who she wanted to marry. This was not possible, the family would not let it happen. Being a nurse she had access to sleeping tablets, took an overdose and was in a coma for two weeks, that is where her husband to be first saw her. He prayed at her bed every day, she thought he had saved her life and married him......

Any circumstance where it is a womans fault for being raped- religious or not, is a no no in my book.

I ai'nt no feminist- as you may have worked out for yourselves, but this little story made me angry.

On another post I mentioned an Indonesian Muslim lady was 'seeing' this summer. She was a widow, whose late husband was a RC missionary convert to Islam, to allow him to marry her.

I cheekily asked her if she was still a virgin when she got married aged 22. She paused, than began to sob. she told me she wasn't a virgin because her boyfriend raped her two years earlier.

He had arrived at her house on a motorbike just a it began to rain. Her chaperone had to leave to visit her elderly mother and the boyfriend should have left too, but asked if he could stay until the rain stopped. The chaperone was not keen to allow this, but this lady agreed. As it got late, she went to bed leaving the boyfriend to leave when the rain stopped. Well , he didn't. he came to her room and raped her. She couldn't even scream out, because her Muslim neighbours would find out she was alone with a man, spit at her in the street..... It would have been her fault not his.

The boyfriend was an aide to her 5 star General uncle and was moved away to another area. She was found to be pregnant by then and had to go to a private clinic to give birth. An Austarlian couple adopted the baby. She later met a Christain lad who she wanted to marry. This was not possible, the family would not let it happen. Being a nurse she had access to sleeping tablets, took an overdose and was in a coma for two weeks, that is where her husband to be first saw her. He prayed at her bed every day, she thought he had saved her life and married him......

Any circumstance where it is a womans fault for being raped- religious or not, is a no no in my book.

A very sad story, although hardly anything to do with women walking covered in Walking street. My sister got raped when she was 14 by a gang of Pikeys in the Uk. But again, nothing really to do with penguins in WS unsure.gif

Edited by Gawd Elpus

Saudi Arabia 2002

next .......................................................................................

Not all Muslim countries are like saudi Arabia. So yes, not all Muslim countries. Now work your way through news stories from all the others. Whether you agree with their religion or not, and i do not endorse the involuntary wearing of religious costume, It is still their right under their religion to walk covered in walking Street and there is NO law against it. whether you or I may like it or not.

What some seem to forget, is that there are many living in Muslim countries, who are compelled to abide by Muslim law. it is not a choice. Therefore it does not surprise me one bit that you find Arabs drinking alcohol in Pattaya. i would do the same, probably, just as a break from the norm. If prostitution was totally illegal in UK, would you call those that visit Pattaya and have sex with bar girls, hypochrits ?? of course not. The very same Arabs who are drinking, are not preaching their religion to us t the same time. Nor do they go walking around questioning our habits in Pattaya. They are just tourists like us. Like em, dont like em, who cares.

Whether any of us agree or disagree with elements of their religion, it is their religion and not ours. most of us were brought up in Christian societies, but are now happy to dwell in Sodom and Gomorrah or Pattaya 1luvu.gif In our culture it is perfectly acceptable for women to dance naked and sell their bodies to us men, and even cool to exploit them when we wish. i wonder how far the double standards really extend to. They are opposite sides to a coin.

Do I agree with women being covered ? No. But that also does not give me the right to change it. If you go down south and even places like Krabi town, you will see far more Thai Muslim women walking around covered. They are not bar girls either. bow.gif

We may have the right to object to it in our own countries, but we do not have the right to lay down the law when as guests in other countries. It amazes me at how so many western men go to work in Muslim countries getting paid, good tax free money, yet they choose to quite happily and accept the culture which they have placed themselves in. its a different story then of course nod.gif

Until there are any such laws in Thailand outlawing the full covering of women, then it is their right (or their husbands right depending on whether they choose it or adhere to their religious customs) If some are offended by a handful of women covered, in WS, go some place else, where you do not have to see it. Just as if you are offended by beggars and street hawkers, then dont go to beer bars. We are guests in Thailand, it aint our country and we dont have any say about the law. Capiche ?????

So Atlas, man of the world, let me ask you this.

if you saw a gaggle of catholic Nuns in full robes, walking along beach road, would you be outraged or offended ??? The principle of their dress is more or less the same.

Now here is the real rub....................................................................just because many of us have abandoned the principles of our faiths, we expect others to follow. unsure.gif I wonder how Lord Jesus would have looked down on Pattaya, and what he would have said ??

But one thing I have learned is not to judge others before i judge myself and yes I am a filthy sex tourist or at least used to be yikes.gif

Bring back King Richard the Lion heart to lead the crusades into the Holy land teach them our Christian ways.bj4.gif

We are all fucking hypocrites in our own way.

If your intention was to produce an example of muddled thinking, contradictory argument, superficial analogies and nebulous observations............And, while doing so fail to make a single lucid point,well you've succeeded brilliantly. Even by your woeful standards the complete twaddle above stands alone.

You won't see it of course.

Let's take just one tiny example of the superficiality of thinking.

The comparison between a nun's habit and women in burqas. Well yes they look alike...well spotted. 10 out of 10 for that. But do nuns wear their habit having the freedom to make that choice, without any coertion, social pressure or the enforcement of an all embracing law..........or because they were born in a Christian country happen to be a woman?

Maybe write to the link or don't bother.

Edited by atlas2

A very sad story, although hardly anything to do with women walking covered in Walking street. My sister got raped when she was 14 by a gang of Pikeys in the Uk. But again, nothing really to do with penguins in WS unsure.gif

True, but I thought it moved towards the supression of women thingy, so....

Edited to add

How many people spat at your sister in the street for allowing herself to be alone in male company, to let this happen to her ?

The event I spoke of, was about 38 years ago and I doubt much has changed since- might have, but I doubt it. I was in a rush to take Herb for a walk when I first replied.

Edited by nidnoyham