Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Lots to see mate get out to Khon Khean, Nong Kai, Phuket, Samui, Koh Phan Yang , Kanchaburi all great places....

Dont restrict yourself far more than Soi Bukao and Walking st. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

LK Metro :whistling:

Pattaya is a great place to see other counties, mate Singapore, Phillipines there is more to Thailand than Bukao and Nana Plaza mate..

Spread your wings :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I have been to Udon, and planning two trips to Nan and Surin this time. Just happens I have discovered via the forum, two fellow Bristol Rovers supporters from Bristol living in Surin and Nan.

I think its worth visiting another country if its a place you really want to see, but apart from Japan ( hideously expensive )I am quite happy to trundle around Thailand...or float..

The funny thing the Pattaya bashers still visit :rolleyes: or cant visit, If a guy cant have a relaxing time and a laugh there the issue is with the guy not Pattaya.. :unsure:

I've been going to Patts for 9 years and yes it's still a great place but since @ 2005 it's been going downhill steadily. Eventually it will get to the stage where it's just not worth the hassle.

I have been to Udon, and planning two trips to Nan and Surin this time. Just happens I have discovered via the forum, two fellow Bristol Rovers supporters from Bristol living in Surin and Nan.

I think its worth visiting another country if its a place you really want to see, but apart from Japan ( hideously expensive )I am quite happy to trundle around Thailand...or float..

Spent a couple of months over Xmas up in Surin. Loved it there. Daytime trips to the village with Tirak and Nights spent in the bars and discos in the City. Some absolutely stunning girls doing their bar apprenticeship before moving on to work in Bangkok and Pattaya.

Not being able to speak the lingo was a big hinderance but money talks too.

The Agogo scene is very different there. Refreshing.

• Upvote 1

IMHO...not many things have changed in Pattaya since my first trip in 2003.

The service on Soi 6 is exactly the same as it was 9 years ago, the hotel I stay in is still an excellent place to stay with good clean rooms and pleasant employees who make sure that you enjoy yer stay.

The food at the restaurants I frequent...although a tad more expensive...is still delicious.

The beer bars that I drink in still have the same crappy bands playing the same BeeGees songs badly...and the girls in the bars are still great fun.

I still find that if you treat the Thai people in Pattaya with kindness and respect you will be treated exactly the same way...with smiles and kindness...from the street vendors to the Beach Road hookers...kindness, respect and smiles still go a long way.

With the exception of falang demographics....the biggest change that I really noticed last month was on Walking Street....the beer bar is gradually vanishing on W/S....in another year or two...W/S will be a solid lineup of GoGo's and Disco's....that seems to be where the money is these days...the Discos are teeming with freelancers and liquor is being solid in these establishments like crazy...discos on W/S are nothing but money.

There are still some great haunts on Soi 8...but, just on the lower half...Cherry Bar is still a great time and Best Bar has the best beer bar lineup in Pattaya.

The LK Metro/Diana/Buckaroo area is still a solid English speaking falang area and I don't see that changing anytime soon...seems that most bars in this area are doing OK...Lolitas has turned for the worse though...the girls there all look like your hotel cleaning lady now, 40+ and fat...even a drunken sailor would think twice about getting a blow job there.

in my estimation...Pattaya is still the same as b/4...and unlike any other place I've ever been...I'll continue to be a patron :thumbup

• Upvote 1

Pattaya could be in any country in the world and not represent that country.

No more than Disneyland represent the US.

When I observes Thais inter-reaction away from Pattaya, it strikes me, that unless they know the other person. ie neighbour or friend, they hardly make eye contact. When dealing at a shop, or market stall, they seldom say thank you, or kiss my arse, to each other.

As a Westener, I find it quite cold. It doesn't bother them, so....

As my friend who lives there 6 months year says " Land of smiles ? More like miserable bastards ! " :rolleyes:

Edited by nidnoyham
  • Upvote 1

Pattaya is becoming more and more like bangkok

more competitive for both the girls and the business owners

in 3 years with better infrastructure,the difference will be only marginal.

• Upvote 1

more competitive for both the girls and the business owners

in 3 years with better infrastructure,the difference will be only marginal.

+1

• Upvote 1

Now there's a weird idea. In what way(s) is Pattaya like Bangkok? As the little one said above, Pattaya is about as much like Bangkok as it is like Los Angeles or London or Lima. If there were REAL travel regulations, you'd need a visa to go from Thailand to Pattaya.

Now there's a weird idea. In what way(s) is Pattaya like Bangkok? As the little one said above, Pattaya is about as much like Bangkok as it is like Los Angeles or London or Lima. If there were REAL travel regulations, you'd need a visa to go from Thailand to Pattaya.

There are a lot of Thai people and Thai food restaurants, hookers and GO-GO bars and traffic jams!

Road signs in Thai language, didn't see many of those in Lima, nor London.

You can buy edible bugs on the street.

I don't think that Pattaya is particularly like London nor Lima, haven't been outside LA airport so cannot comment on that.

• Upvote 1

The service on Soi 6 is exactly the same as it was 9 years ago, the hotel I stay in is still an excellent place to stay with good clean rooms and pleasant employees who make sure that you enjoy yer stay.

The food at the restaurants I frequent...although a tad more expensive...is still delicious.

The beer bars that I drink in still have the same crappy bands playing the same BeeGees songs badly...and the girls in the bars are still great fun.

I still find that if you treat the Thai people in Pattaya with kindness and respect you will be treated exactly the same way...with smiles and kindness...from the street vendors to the Beach Road hookers...kindness, respect and smiles still go a long way.

With the exception of falang demographics....the biggest change that I really noticed last month was on Walking Street....the beer bar is gradually vanishing on W/S....in another year or two...W/S will be a solid lineup of GoGo's and Disco's....that seems to be where the money is these days...the Discos are teeming with freelancers and liquor is being solid in these establishments like crazy...discos on W/S are nothing but money.

There are still some great haunts on Soi 8...but, just on the lower half...Cherry Bar is still a great time and Best Bar has the best beer bar lineup in Pattaya.

The LK Metro/Diana/Buckaroo area is still a solid English speaking falang area and I don't see that changing anytime soon...seems that most bars in this area are doing OK...Lolitas has turned for the worse though...the girls there all look like your hotel cleaning lady now, 40+ and fat...even a drunken sailor would think twice about getting a blow job there.

in my estimation...Pattaya is still the same as b/4...and unlike any other place I've ever been...I'll continue to be a patron :thumbup

I thoroughly agree with everything u said - in fact , I would add that Lplita's has not only a grotty line-up but they are also distinctly unfriendly .

:banghead

• Upvote 1

When I observes Thais inter-reaction away from Pattaya, it strikes me, that unless they know the other person. ie neighbour or friend, they hardly make eye contact. When dealing at a shop, or market stall, they seldom say thank you, or kiss my arse, to each other.

As a Westener, I find it quite cold. It doesn't bother them, so....

As my friend who lives there 6 months year says " Land of smiles ? More like miserable bastards ! " :rolleyes:

I would dissagree with this as I still get plenty of smiles living here in Khon Khon from complete strangers ,I still think Isaan people are one of the most friendly people in Thailand,this is another reason why i love living here.

I also still like my visits to Pattaya for long week ends ,my first post was about service/smiles in bars for all customers.

6 years ago Mick the place was mobbed with farangs, I have noticed a difference but I wondered if it was as I had stayed there longer ?

Also 6 years on mobile phones, sponsors change is here whether we like it or not..

Many reasons I would say, girls are looking for 2 week millionaires or guys that can maybe turned into sponsors I would say..

Good points Parky.

I bet many girls are pissed off with the fat,greasy farang who thinks he can paw her for a ladydrink too

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I feel the same,withonly 8 years experience mate.people will moan about anything including a complaint that a guy had to wait an incredible 2 minutes for a beer,ffs what a whinger

• Upvote 1

I don't think that Pattaya is particularly like London nor Lima, haven't been outside LA airport so cannot comment on that.

Er. Yes. That was my point. Pattaya isn't much like them. Or like Bangkok. Or getting closer to being like Bangkok.

I will concur with many of the points made.However I offer a slightly different perspective. I have had quite a bit of interaction with genY, through employing them and renting out rooms to students. This generation is the most over indulged, over inter connect, most superficial, lazy generation in the history of mankind.

Its not just in western countries, the chinese soccer team was beaten so many times it looks like not qualifying to play in the next world cup elim games.The national coach- a westerner, stated in a news conference that the results have something to do with the one child policy and the players being emotionally weak.National outcry and massive internal debate ensued.

These kids are so connected via twitter/facebook etc that they are petrified of not being'cool".If not they are mercilessly exposed on some public website. So they are all the same, desperate not to stand out, fit in at all costs.Hence if the dominant personalities ridicule them for being "nice"Polite" or in any way accomodating they soon will comply with the the dominant persons "rules".

People not bought up in the social media generation will say" who gives a shit what they write on facebook" but this generation DOES CARE, big time.

So many of them cannot cope in the real world where non family members- read bosses/society, will simply not stand for their appauling attitudes and behaviours.They turn outwardly angry for not being allowed to do as they please, like they would at home.The slightest upset sees them collapse under any kind of pressure.

Whilst the average BG may have grown up in a traditional thai family from the back blocks of Issan, once ensconsed for a few weeks in Patts they must comply to the status quo of their new found collegues or face massive public ridicule.Hence they convert quickly.

I would add that "fast results/money" is the god of this generation.Waiting for a payoff is a foreign concept for them.

I will concur with many of the points made.However I offer a slightly different perspective. I have had quite a bit of interaction with genY, through employing them and renting out rooms to students. This generation is the most over indulged, over inter connect, most superficial, lazy generation in the history of mankind.

Its not just in western countries, the chinese soccer team was beaten so many times it looks like not qualifying to play in the next world cup elim games.The national coach- a westerner, stated in a news conference that the results have something to do with the one child policy and the players being emotionally weak.National outcry and massive internal debate ensued.

These kids are so connected via twitter/facebook etc that they are petrified of not being'cool".If not they are mercilessly exposed on some public website. So they are all the same, desperate not to stand out, fit in at all costs.Hence if the dominant personalities ridicule them for being "nice"Polite" or in any way accomodating they soon will comply with the the dominant persons "rules".

People not bought up in the social media generation will say" who gives a shit what they write on facebook" but this generation DOES CARE, big time.

So many of them cannot cope in the real world where non family members- read bosses/society, will simply not stand for their appauling attitudes and behaviours.They turn outwardly angry for not being allowed to do as they please, like they would at home.The slightest upset sees them collapse under any kind of pressure.

Whilst the average BG may have grown up in a traditional thai family from the back blocks of Issan, once ensconsed for a few weeks in Patts they must comply to the status quo of their new found collegues or face massive public ridicule.Hence they convert quickly.

I would add that "fast results/money" is the god of this generation.Waiting for a payoff is a foreign concept for them.

As a general observation, much of what you said is probably true, but it doesn't explain Mick's point that service standards have suffered in Pattaya to a much greater extent than they have elsewhere in the country. He sees it in Khon Kaen, I see it in Hat Yai and Dannok - in many cases the bars are staffed by exactly the same girls that travel to Pattaya during the high season.

As a general observation, much of what you said is probably true, but it doesn't explain Mick's point that service standards have suffered in Pattaya to a much greater extent than they have elsewhere in the country. He sees it in Khon Kaen, I see it in Hat Yai and Dannok - in many cases the bars are staffed by exactly the same girls that travel to Pattaya during the high season.

Maybe its due to many bars in Khon Kaen have more Middle Class Thias in as customers who do have good money to spend and if service was poor ,bar would loose many customers.Some of the bars I go too have 100/200 customers in at times but I have found service is good and smiles plenty.

Er. Yes. That was my point. Pattaya isn't much like them. Or like Bangkok. Or getting closer to being like Bangkok.

Well I take the point, but there are some similarities that come from being in the same country.

Prices are heading Bangkok ways. :D

The girls talk the same lingo...

What your name,

where you come from

I go with you,

get your finger out my ass fat falang.......................who slipped that in?

Maybe its due to many bars in Khon Kaen have more Middle Class Thias in as customers who do have good money to spend and if service was poor ,bar would loose many customers.Some of the bars I go too have 100/200 customers in at times but I have found service is good and smiles plenty.

Yes but. It's not just "middle class Thais". Pattaya is an itinerant town. Your customers aren't going to come back. Khon Kaen (and everywhere else, really) is NOT a tourist town. I really don't think it's any more complicated than that.

It's interesting if Pattaya is getting worse, which some say it is. I don't think it is, not from my view, but I ALWAYS thought that Pattaya was atrocious compared with just about anywhere else, I EXPECT Pattaya to be horrible - and certainly WAY worse than Khon Kaen, which you know so well.

I'd add that it's all relative, of course. No matter where you are in the world, you could always get worse. You could always be in Hong Kong!

Edited by joekicker

I would dissagree with this as I still get plenty of smiles living here in Khon Khon from complete strangers ,I still think Isaan people are one of the most friendly people in Thailand,this is another reason why i love living here.

I also still like my visits to Pattaya for long week ends ,my first post was about service/smiles in bars for all customers.

Yeah Mick, I was referring more to the Thai/Thai buying and selling thing. Not me and a Thai.

Si comes from Phitchit, renown for it's stoic people. A lot of hotel security guards come from Phitchit.

I was at a concert there and when the singing stopped, me and si were the only ones to applaud. We got some funny looks. One person on the stage asked if someone had died recently. :rolleyes:

I would say things have changed a bit. I have only been going to LOS for about 8 years but I have noticed some changes. Service is the main thing. Everything used to be up to you but now it's more, what the bargirl wants. You are right about ignoring customers. I saw a very nice looking lady at a bar reading a book. (Boss not around.) I tried talking to her but she said she wanted to read. Each time I saw her, she was reading. A couple days later she didn't have a book and was eager to get me to barfine her. I asked why she wasn't reading and was interested in me now. She simply said she needed to make money...so she could buy more books.

• Upvote 3

your comprehension skills need brushing up Tom. :kissing Actually the points being made about better service and feel in KK exactly reinforces my point. Service in patts is poor because service is poor.The service personnel, desperate to fit in with collegues fall in line to deliver the accepted level of service, which is blot.

In KK it is better BECAUSE service is better- hence the service personnel fit into the better service/smiles in order to once again fit in and not stand out from their collegues.Thats the generation they are.

your comprehension skills need brushing up Tom. :kissing Actually the points being made about better service and feel in KK exactly reinforces my point. Service in patts is poor because service is poor.The service personnel, desperate to fit in with collegues fall in line to deliver the accepted level of service, which is blot.

In KK it is better BECAUSE service is better- hence the service personnel fit into the better service/smiles in order to once again fit in and not stand out from their collegues.Thats the generation they are.

I actually thought the service levels are better simply because the customers wouldn't tolerate what's accepted in Pattaya (and the business wouldn't survive). Not a lot to do with the girls fitting in, but more the realisation that they'd be out of a job. In my experience, the actions/inactions of the boss dictate a business's service levels and there's an awful lot of ex-postmen, ex-miltary, ex-engineers trying to make a living in service-orientated industries in Pattaya. All IMHO, of course. kissing.gif

I would say things have changed a bit. I have only been going to LOS for about 8 years but I have noticed some changes. Service is the main thing. Everything used to be up to you but now it's more, what the bargirl wants. You are right about ignoring customers. I saw a very nice looking lady at a bar reading a book. (Boss not around.) I tried talking to her but she said she wanted to read. Each time I saw her, she was reading. A couple days later she didn't have a book and was eager to get me to barfine her. I asked why she wasn't reading and was interested in me now. She simply said she needed to make money...so she could buy more books.

:D