Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Brits… Don't buy Taser Phones

Taser Phones are legal in the United States, Thailand and other Countries but not in the UK. You could be facing a long spell in Prison if you bring one home. Have a look at this News item from Sky...

You could have a big bad surprise too if one day you have to use it.

You will probably discover - but too late - that the one you bought is just a toy!

Most of those you find in tourist markets looks like Taser

but are bad imitation that do not generate the same high voltage.

What you get is just a small electric shock, like the one of an electric fence for horses.

I already saw street sellers playing with them trying to touch each other with these "taser"... :rolleyes:

You could have a big bad surprise too if one day you have to use it.

You will probably discover - but too late - that the one you bought is just a toy!

Most of those you find in tourist markets looks like Taser

but are bad imitation that do not generate the same high voltage.

What you get is just a small electric shock, like the one of an electric fence for horses.

I already saw street sellers playing with them trying to touch each other with these "taser"... :rolleyes:

If it can create a spark that will jump over a cm, I don't think I would play with it.

Exactly

Typical scare mongering Brit media

Taser = high power gun discharging barbed spikes on the end of a wire that delivers high impact voltage directly into flesh which does on occasion kill.

Chinese spoof your pals mobile phone sparkler = toy

• Upvote 1

Taser Phones are legal in the United States, Thailand and other Countries but not in the UK. You could be facing a long spell in Prison if you bring one home. Have a look at this News item from Sky...

Not legal everywhere in the US. In California and New York, just about anything that could be use for self defense in illegal. That said, the Phone Tasers are just about useless unless pressed against bare skin. For most it would be unlikely that they would have to defend them selves against a naked attacker. The voltage is so low on the phone Tasers that they have little effect, other than making a startling noise. They put out about 20,000 volts, the tasers that the police carry put out about 60,000 volts, three times as much. There is a video on youtube where two cops in the US have a little guy on the ground tasering him, he says "I've had about enough of this" gets up and runs away. Except for the fact that the cops were damned abusive to the guy who had broken no law, the video was kind funny, that a little guys could get away from two cops that had him on the ground punching and tasering him.

The stun guns shown on the video that the police used, shoots darts into the skin and put out about 120,000 volts. I haven't seen them sold in Thailand, and in the US a real gun could be bought for less. The average price for them is about $500 USD. It appears that those that did the story couldn't understand the difference between a taser, and a stun gun that shoots darts at six times the voltage from 15 foot away. Typical problem with television news, facts are less important than sensationalism. You have to read between the lines on their numbers as well. They claimed that 400 tasers have been confiscated, then went on to say that taser crimes have gone up 30% Most of those confiscated were not used in a crime. Owning it was the crime. They gave no details, so the 400 caught for possession, could be up 30% or three crimes one year, and four the next year would be up 30%.

Sky News is owned by Rupert Murdoch. That is it's self should tell you how facts have been skewed and slanted. Piss poor reporting as usual, from Rupert Murdoch.

Edited by lovedog100
  • Downvote 2
  • 11 months later...

Not legal everywhere in the US. In California and New York, just about anything that could be use for self defense in illegal. That said, the Phone Tasers are just about useless unless pressed against bare skin. For most it would be unlikely that they would have to defend them selves against a naked attacker. The voltage is so low on the phone Tasers that they have little effect, other than making a startling noise. They put out about 20,000 volts, the tasers that the police carry put out about 60,000 volts, three times as much. There is a video on youtube where two cops in the US have a little guy on the ground tasering him, he says "I've had about enough of this" gets up and runs away. Except for the fact that the cops were damned abusive to the guy who had broken no law, the video was kind funny, that a little guys could get away from two cops that had him on the ground punching and tasering him.

The stun guns shown on the video that the police used, shoots darts into the skin and put out about 120,000 volts. I haven't seen them sold in Thailand, and in the US a real gun could be bought for less. The average price for them is about $500 USD. It appears that those that did the story couldn't understand the difference between a taser, and a stun gun that shoots darts at six times the voltage from 15 foot away. Typical problem with television news, facts are less important than sensationalism. You have to read between the lines on their numbers as well. They claimed that 400 tasers have been confiscated, then went on to say that taser crimes have gone up 30% Most of those confiscated were not used in a crime. Owning it was the crime. They gave no details, so the 400 caught for possession, could be up 30% or three crimes one year, and four the next year would be up 30%.

Sky News is owned by Rupert Murdoch. That is it's self should tell you how facts have been skewed and slanted. Piss poor reporting as usual, from Rupert Murdoch.

Tasers and stun guns are two different things. The stun gun, (or bug zapper), throws an arc charge and must touch the victim. Tasers are guns which shoot projectiles into the skin of the victim. My stun gun, purchased above the freedom market, (dig that), is the JSJ-704 Type Rechargable Ultra-High Pressure Line in Self Defense Device, AKA bug zapper. The input voltage is 6VDCh, Power Current 2.5A, Output Voltage, 2600KV above. The "main function and application" stated are "high capacity direct current discharge, output energy, and good defense". With built in flash light, and charger, it "forms a unique product, beautifully designed". :)

I'm in a municipality where teargas and stunguns can be open carried. I checked with my city police department. I suppose in the Peoples Republics of Santa Monica and Berkly this is probably not the case. I sometimes strap mine on just to remind myself I have liberty, and there is still freedom in my country. I have had some instances where it felt reassuring to have the extra line of defense.

OBLA DEE BROS

• Upvote 1

Only if they catch you wink.gif

Nannyland...everything's illegal

A balloon on a stick would probably get you locked up

Personally I would like it to stay like that, unfortunately some low life gave another low life a hand grenade and a pistol the other week, two unarmed police women murdered in cold blood, even if they were armed they would not have stood a chance in the way the were ambushed.

• 3 weeks later...

Typical problem with television news, facts are less important than sensationalism. You have to read between the lines on their numbers as well. They claimed that 400 tasers have been confiscated, then went on to say that taser crimes have gone up 30% Most of those confiscated were not used in a crime. Owning it was the crime. They gave no details, so the 400 caught for possession, could be up 30% or three crimes one year, and four the next year would be up 30%.

A few of my friend are journalists and i always tease them with what a crappy industry they work in lol

Not all are very bright but the ones that are bright are very restricted in what they can say. It must be apealing and shouldn't cross many red lines.

Hi,

Stun guns afaik are a firearms offence in the UK, along with pepper spray and CS Gas and fall under the legislation of having a complete ban, meaning there is no legal reason to own one and you cannot get a licence (along with some martial arts stuff and gravity / flick knives).

Trying to bring one through UK customs is naughty and will land you, very possibly, a stretch (it's seen like trying to smuggle a firearm in). Importation of stun guns can lead from a fine to up to 6 months in prison, or both. In more serious cases, you can end up spending up to 7 years in prison. Remember this is only in the case of importation, in the case of importation and possession of stun guns, it can lead to a fine or up to 10 years in prison, or both.