Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

This forum section should be used for Pattaya Business Owners (bars, gogos, shops, whatever) and patrons to post information about events and special offerings at their businesses, especially if they benefit board members.

As this forum is funded by the FLB bar, and this is generally not an advertising venue for other bars, it would be especially appropriate if your input to this section contained a special offering for pattayatalk board members.

Let's keep the marketing subtle and reasonable.

Xzone will offer forum members all night happy hour for draft beer. Buy one at 59 baht and get one free. You must tell our service staff before ordering that you are a forum member and they will continue the happy hour all night for draft beer. This mean draft beer at 30 baht per glass.

• Upvote 3

Xzone will offer forum members all night happy hour for draft beer. Buy one at 59 baht and get one free. You must tell our service staff before ordering that you are a forum member and they will continue the happy hour all night for draft beer. This mean draft beer at 30 baht per glass.

Has Nev retired :whistling:

OOPS double post.

post-17453-1301885629.jpg

Edited by lovedog100
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

And... how about us that don't drink draft beer?

I like my Tiger... and most people drink San Mig Light from the bottle.

Instead of trying to bring in the absolute cheapest of the lot, how about something tried and true that works: Bring your drink prices in line with every other place on walking street.

Hell, if your girls actually do shows (which I did not see when I was there - just 3 extra naked dancers doing the pattaya shuffle), then you can likely safely charge 5 baht more than most places. Either way, a 150 baht san mig is out of line. Until you fix that, making the cheap charlies happy with their cheap draft is only going to bring you customers that do not give you custom.

Which would you rather have? A guy drinking your 30 baht draft all night and never buying a lady drink, or a guy paying 120 baht for his tiger and 120 baht for a dozen lady drinks? Do the math.

So are you the new new owner? I mean... after what I saw the other night I figured xzone wouldnt last long under the new ownership... but 12 hours is a bit faster than I expected, to be honest :D

OK, here is a question that I am sure that is going to be on every ones mind. How much does my third beer cost? Another 59 baht because I'm a forum member? While Joe blow off the street would get it for 30? That is 90 baht for him, and 118 baht for me, for the same three beers?

If you actually read what was posted the happy hour is buy one get one free, your third would cost 59b, but your forth is free.

Before you run down to XZone to get your 30 baht beers I must declare that I am the new owner of this go go bar. I hope people do not mind but I would like to let all know we have changed much was wrong with X zone as communicated in Pattaya talk including the mamasung. We are offering 30 baht beers during happy hour 8:30 to 10 pm and 400 baht bar fines after 2am. This weekend is my 50th birthday party 15th Oct so all welcome with free food and new girls.

:gulp

OK, let me see if I got this straight. Anyone can come in and buy a draft beer for 30 baht, two would be 60 baht. The special for forum members is 59 baht for the first draft beer, and then get a second for free. That gives us a savings of one baht.... if we can get it across to the service staff, who can only speak rudimentary bar English, that we are members of Pattaya Talk forum, which they have never heard of, and would be extremely hard to explain considering the language barrier. What flavor is your draft beer? I like San Miguel, and would be much more impressed with a 115 baht San Miguel, and you raising the draft beer price to 50 or 60 baht. Honestly, who do you really want in your gogo? The cheap Charley, only there for 30 baht beer that they are going to nurse all night, or a good customer that is likely to also buy lady drinks, and maybe a bar fine.

OK, here is a question that I am sure that is going to be on every ones mind. How much does my third beer cost? Another 59 baht because I'm a forum member? While Joe blow off the street would get it for 30? That is 90 baht for him, and 118 baht for me, for the same three beers?

Ahhh, I went back and reread your post. Our third beer would be 30 baht, for a saving of 1 baht on three beers, if we can make service staff understand. When I was in your gogo Friday night, I tried to get two staff members under stand that I wanted to pick my own seat, not sit in the place they waved me to. They responded by trying to physically pull me to the seat they wanted me to sit at. I heald my ground and refused to move, for several minutes, trying to make them understand I didn't want to sit there and would pick my own seat. I would have paid them 10 baht to go away. Now I'm expected to try and explain something much harder to a computer illiterate, to save one baht. :banghead

• Downvote 2

If you actually read what was posted the happy hour is buy one get one free, your third would cost 59b, but your forth is free.

Assuming you wanted a 4th beer. I read it as 59 baht + 30 baht.

• Downvote 2

Xzone Nev and this steve-pattaya are posting from the same IP address today. They are the same person.

Idiots trying to lie about their bar and hype it up with fake accounts. I hate bastards like that.

Xzone Nev and this steve-pattaya are posting from the same IP address today. They are the same person.

Idiots trying to lie about their bar and hype it up with fake accounts. I hate bastards like that.

'Same person' 'Idiots' :whistling:

Well of course they are the same person. Xzone nev has 11 post, all promoting xzone, and steve_pattaya has 4 post all promoting xzone. It's been done before. Faulty towers has multipal names on all the boards. Look at the good reviews doe Faulty towers guest house, and you will find people that only post about faulty towers. Some gave reviews like a newbie first stay three and four times. It shows a lack of ethics. Also someone that is to cheap to do real advertising. It happens, we catch it, most of them learn from the experience.

While this reminds me of Faulty towers threads, it even more reminds me of Bobs BBQ when the new owner took over. He was welcomed to the board, several people gave suggestions for a way to improve the business. They also gave their past experience and why they quit going to Bobs BBQ. The two big things were, Bob raised his prices to make up for what WOW charged them for delivery, and the other was the selection and quality of Thai food available. I can't remember his name right now, and it's not important enough to look up. But.. he came back with prices were in line with other food in the area and of the same quality. Clearly prices were not. His answer to Thai food was, there were 6 dishes available, and he doesn't eat Thai food, but thinks it's OK. Even after being told that most of us eat dinner with a Thai lady, and they never wanted to go back a second time.

Here is what I am getting at, Faulty towers is a failing business that is for sale, and the price keeps dropping. Bobs BBQ is on Soi LK, drive by and you will see that he is out of business. I started a business out of my garage and in 9 years acquired enough to stay in Pattaya for the last three with out an income. I have some business sense. While I don't always pick a winner, I still have no idea why Baccara does so well. However I can spot a failure from a mile off. If you check my past reviews, they are very honest, if and when a place improves, I say so. Every place that doesn't cheat me, gets a second or third chance. Frosty is my good friend, I'm not as rough on you as he is, however he is right about a 150baht beer, especially on soi 16. You are not a walking street gogo. In my three years, I've seen the four gogo's where you are change hands many times. You are stuck in the Arab quarter. They do not go to gogo's or spend money. You have to attract business, and get customers to walk away from walking street to a soi that is deafening to walk down, smells of huka, and has men dancing with each other. Not easy.

Being combative and telling long time customers to go away, isn't going to work, neither is posting fake reviews. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for a new business. You did do a decent job of cleaning up a filthy gogo, and making it look better. You probably haven't got all the girls working that you want, or plan to have. Hell, I've barfined more ladies in one night than you have working for you. Make that many a night. It's up to you, but I would listen to constructive criticism. Ignore the rest, you don't want to come off as an asshole, or I should say that you are better off not to.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So are you the new new owner? I mean... after what I saw the other night I figured xzone wouldnt last long under the new ownership... but 12 hours is a bit faster than I expected, to be honest :D

:rotflmao

And... how about us that don't drink draft beer?

I like my Tiger... and most people drink San Mig Light from the bottle.

Instead of trying to bring in the absolute cheapest of the lot, how about something tried and true that works: Bring your drink prices in line with every other place on walking street.

Hell, if your girls actually do shows (which I did not see when I was there - just 3 extra naked dancers doing the pattaya shuffle), then you can likely safely charge 5 baht more than most places. Either way, a 150 baht san mig is out of line. Until you fix that, making the cheap charlies happy with their cheap draft is only going to bring you customers that do not give you custom.

Which would you rather have? A guy drinking your 30 baht draft all night and never buying a lady drink, or a guy paying 120 baht for his tiger and 120 baht for a dozen lady drinks? Do the math.

Hi there again Nev/Steve

Frostie has said it all. I usually drink draught because it likes me more than fizzy/higher alc. ales but I am 100% on side with those that say that you are cutting your thoats by pricing yourself out of the game.

What you seem to fail to appreciate is that people like me put a hell of a lot of money across the bar with bar fines and 1000 baht plus tabs on a regular basis. In addition dbar crawls can deliver up to say 30 mongers at a time.

In addition to that we also are savvy enough to know that the Internet can be very influential in this day and age and it will make or break a business. If you dont believe me take a leaf out of the PBG's book. This is a difficult place for many to find but it sold itself a to a great degree on the net. It just goes from strength to strength.

No bar fines here and a SML is about 75 baht. The PBG not only has to get the prices right but they also know that of the up to 1000 meals a day that if they sell one that makes someone ill it could be a disaster because the net is so powerful. Despite all of this it just keeps growing because it knows how to look after its customers.

Look in the mirror Nev-Steve and ask the same question of yourself.

Hmmm...in the other X-Zone thread you review the gogo as if you are a customer and above you say "our service staff". You and Nev need to make your mind up. If you are owners/managers/staff then act like them and stop trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes with your fake reviews that insult our intelligence.

I suggest if you haven't already read Lovedogs post that was posted earlier today especially the last paragraph.

Edited by luco01

So, effectively it's an all-night happy hour for BMs. If the draught is OK and not served in thimbles, that's a good deal, thanks. However, if I'm drinking @ 30 Baht, I'm not going to feel very inclined to pay 5 times that for a LD. :clueless

You obviously understand the importance of marketing, and are trying to give us a reason to go the extra few yards and visit your bar. The "pull" used to be the shows and the interaction, without them it could be just another GoGo, one in - what is it now, 75 GoGos? I'm not convinced that you have it right yet, but I'll drop in for a couple next month and decide for myself.

One piece of advice though, be honest on this board. I'm a tourist and a lightweight (money-wise :P) but some BMs are quite the opposite and drop serious wedge on a night out. Piss them off and kiss that money goodbye.

Guess what ?... all the bars have the same thing.. Girls, Bar fines, Drinks, and tourists.

Like many in Asia I'm a SML drinker... But in the XZone I had to pay 150/bt for a SML.. now thats really over the top.. and the talent.. well there is one I really like there.. but I'm not paying 150/bt for a beer to talk to her..

Good luck new poster and bar promoter of 150/bt beers.. and guys there not micro beers ether.

I dropped into Xzone tonight, and have a couple of observations....

Lady drinks are now 125baht...not out of line really.

I wanted a Diet Coke (Coke Light here in Thailand), and it was 120baht, so I said I'd have the draft beer instead, since I was simply in there for a reconnaissance mission. I was informed that there is no draft beer...and there won't be till next month. Forget the draft beer special..."no have".

The cheapest drink on the menu is water at 90baht, with sodas and other non-alcoholic drinks coming in at 120baht. Everything else costs more.

Beers were either 140baht or 150baht. For some reason, Tiger Light was the highest priced non-premium beer, though from my experience it costs virtually the same or less than the other beers coming in at 140baht. Corona, Spy, Breezers etc were all 180 baht.

They have a menu with drinks and prices (but not lady drink prices), and from looking at it, I'd say the best deal (least gouging) is the spirits, since they cost the same (150b) generally as the beer, and the prices are in line with other "hi-so" gogos. The beer prices are definitely over the top, especially considering the relative lack of talent and the adjacent bar/gogo pricing.

They had about a dozen girls in there, with a few cuties, and some old hands from before the new ownership took over. They also picked up some of the girls from Rhino Agogo who came with the mamasan they have recently hired.

All in all, it wasn't that bad, and the few cute girls were entertaining. But, it's not cheap, and it's not in the top tier gogos who charge similar prices.

I dropped into Xzone tonight, and have a couple of observations....

Lady drinks are now 125baht...not out of line really.

I wanted a Diet Coke (Coke Light here in Thailand), and it was 120baht, so I said I'd have the draft beer instead, since I was simply in there for a reconnaissance mission. I was informed that there is no draft beer...and there won't be till next month. Forget the draft beer special..."no have".

The cheapest drink on the menu is water at 90baht, with sodas and other non-alcoholic drinks coming in at 120baht. Everything else costs more.

Beers were either 140baht or 150baht. For some reason, Tiger Light was the highest priced non-premium beer, though from my experience it costs virtually the same or less than the other beers coming in at 140baht. Corona, Spy, Breezers etc were all 180 baht.

They have a menu with drinks and prices (but not lady drink prices), and from looking at it, I'd say the best deal (least gouging) is the spirits, since they cost the same (150b) generally as the beer, and the prices are in line with other "hi-so" gogos. The beer prices are definitely over the top, especially considering the relative lack of talent and the adjacent bar/gogo pricing.

They had about a dozen girls in there, with a few cuties, and some old hands from before the new ownership took over. They also picked up some of the girls from Rhino Agogo who came with the mamasan they have recently hired.

All in all, it wasn't that bad, and the few cute girls were entertaining. But, it's not cheap, and it's not in the top tier gogos who charge similar prices.

This is funny. I had intended to leave this thread alone, until after my next visit to see if things had improved. However, I can't pass up an opportunity to ridicule someone for trying to entice us into their business for a drink special that doesn't exist. One thing I try to do is, learn from others mistakes. I probably will not be giving Xzone a second chance, until forum reports improve.

• Downvote 1

This is funny. I had intended to leave this thread alone, until after my next visit to see if things had improved. However, I can't pass up an opportunity to ridicule someone for trying to entice us into their business for a drink special that doesn't exist. One thing I try to do is, learn from others mistakes. I probably will not be giving Xzone a second chance, until forum reports improve.

Their gold bullion special of 1 ounce (troy) for 18 satang and a bottle top has also been suspended indefinitely due to a soft market for bottle tops.

Edited by ricktoronto