Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

And to prove bazle's point, ripped from pattaya live :-

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

ok folks , I signed a new 3 plus 3 year lease a few days ago giving me a minimum of another 6 years at the rockhouse .

however , im tired of the lifestyle and im considering getting out of the game .

i am spending more and more time outwith thailand over the last few years and i dont have the same time on my hands or the desire to run the rockhouse anymore .

i can do without the hassle to be honest and i am also very disheartened at the amount of custom or lack of custom the bar gets from this forum , despite the bar being the forums headquarters .

so if anybody amongst you might be interested in buying the leasehold , fixtures fittings and forum along with all goodwill , id be interested to talk to them .

i ll not give any figures on this forum , but im more than happy to show the books going back to day one of the rockhouse to any serious bidders .

the only figure i will give is that as business stands i would expect to make a minimum profit of 15 million baht in that 6 years .

however as anyone with a set of eyes can see soi l.k. metro is a far far busier place these days than ever before and i expect massive growth over the next few years .

the forum itself is worth x amount .

so there you have it lads .

So basically he posts one thing says another - up to him I suppose, maybe he's just kickin the ass of his posters that drink elsewhere

was a good bar when there was a owner in the house, cant see £50k profit a year from last few months custom.

anyone take a guess what the value is?

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Goodwill tot he owner?   Think of how much more it would be worth if he did not hit customers over the head with beer bottles...

I like the place, I have stayed there twice in the past, and Alex is a nice chap to spend and evening with and generous to boot, not staying there next time I go, only due to the fact the soi is now b

I have a feeling, that you have never stayed in a 4 star hotel.   Hotelstar Excerpt of the catalogue of criteria Tourist 100% of the rooms with shower/WC or bath tub/WC - Daily room cleaning - 1

anyone take a guess what the value is?

Interesting question given that so much of the goodwill is tied to the owner. RH has a good following and is well presented so must be a better option than most bars in Pattaya

Edited by som nam na

I think the formula is one years turnover or 3 years profits.

I think it would be a good buy for some of the regulars to buy together. I think some guys already done that with an LK bar. If anyone wants to chip in some dosh and a Thai mamasan, I will run it for them! :party

I think the formula is one years turnover or 3 years profits.

I think it would be a good buy for some of the regulars to buy together. I think some guys already done that with an LK bar. If anyone wants to chip in some dosh and a Thai mamasan, I will run it for them! :party

On paper a business making 2.5 million a year is quite an attractive proposition.

The reality with beer bars is most of the goodwill is tied up with the owner. when the owner leaves most of the goodwill(customers) will follow making the bar virtually no more valuable than the empty bar in the same complex that was for sale for much less.

Edited by nus01

I thought he was talking about the Live board, the one associated with the Rockhouse. That's what my question was based on.

The one Kolobos was also involved in prior to his demise?

On paper a business making 2.5 million a year is quite an attractive proposition.

The reality with beer bars is most of the goodwill is tied up with the owner. when the owner leaves most of the goodwill(customers) will follow making the bar virtually no more valuable than the empty bar in the same complex that was for sale for much less.

In a lot of cases, I would agree. Martin managed it with the FLB though. I don't actually know if he knew a lot of FLB regulars or was entirely new to the bar. Maybe very well known bars or forum bars stand a better chance of surviving an owner change. The RH would probably keep the room guests I would think. And that would maybe mean familiar faces in the bar for guys like me who walk past every day on trips and go in if there's familiar faces. I think part of new owners mistakes is to refurb. Regulars don't like changes.

"the only figure i will give is that as business stands i would expect to make a minimum profit of 15 million baht in that 6 years"... .

$500,000.00 USD profit expected in 6 years?...minimum?....and he wants to sell the place because no one from the forum comes in to drink with him?

sure...whatever you say....:rolleyes:

Just chatted to a guy on FLB webcam who has booked a room for next year,

He contacted Alex who confirmed it is just internet bullshit spread by people like the OP.

hey ho - I was counting my Piggy bank to see if I could buy in :P

I said that I read it on another forum. I put a question mark in the title. I was seeing if anybody could confirm that it is for sale and what others thought it was worth. Not really meaning to spread bullshit.

Interesting question given that so much of the goodwill is tied to the owner. RH has a good following and is well presented so must be a better option than most bars in Pattaya

Goodwill tot he owner?

Think of how much more it would be worth if he did not hit customers over the head with beer bottles...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

"the only figure i will give is that as business stands i would expect to make a minimum profit of 15 million baht in that 6 years"... .

$500,000.00 USD profit expected in 6 years?...minimum?....and he wants to sell the place because no one from the forum comes in to drink with him?

Lovedog said that the majpority of his custom are PL members,which one is right.

You have lost me here. I don't see where any PM's were made public, e-mail lists sold. Pictures and posts can be copied by any member of any area that they have access to. Just as it can happen on your forum.

Anyone that wants pictures or information private, should not post it on a forum that anyone with an e-mail address can join. Members that post personal information should use good judgement, and accept responsibility for themselves, for doing so.

If this is some back handed accusation that MM is selling e-mail addresses, or Publishing PM,s, than I have to say that I don't believe it. I have known MM for a few years now, and been a member of this board for a few. I can not think of one instance where I have seen MM act unethically in his business, or on the board. In my opinion, PattayaTalk is held to a much higher ethical standard than other Pattaya boards. I could list numerous examples if I had the time and energy. I've also seen MM call others out when they were acting unethically. Click today's active content, and you can find an example of that right now.

A forum is up for sale, I am simply pointing out the dangers of selling a forum to the highest bidder.

Edited by farangkwaiyai

I just put a thread up on Live mentioning this very same thing and now I read your post on here!

I completely agree that when the owner sells up much of the established customer base will likely bring their business elsewhere unless the new owner is known and a likeable person. Imagine Adam selling Cherry bar. The place will be dead in a heartbeat.

Lovedog said that the majpority of his custom are PL members,which one is right.

The majority of Rockhouse customers are definitely not members of PL of any other forum for that matter.

I just put a thread up on Live mentioning this very same thing and now I read your post on here!

I completely agree that when the owner sells up much of the established customer base will likely bring their business elsewhere unless the new owner is known and a likeable person. Imagine Adam selling Cherry bar. The place will be dead in a heartbeat.

There are plenty of Business I would be happy to pay 100% for the goodwill

For example a well located cafe like Kiss Food - they arent famous for their chef or the quality of there food they are well located, visible and attract a big portion of the traffick that goes past there.

Alcatraz or Airport Gogos for example, again the majority of their custom is because they are well located , i dont see either of them doing anything special i couldn't replicate if purchased

An upmarket Hotel where the guests are staying because of the outstanding facilities.

A beer bar however id would pay very little if anything for the goodwill ( with very few exceptions)

Edited by nus01

The advantage a new owner would have with the RH is that it would surely have a clean slate with the main forums and try to attract new custom from them. It has surely missed out on custom because of not being on these forums. Mulphy has said himself, that some people wouldn't use the RH because he is the owner. That is partly why I think it has potential. Would more people leave, than start using it if in the Metro? It's anybodies guess.

I like the place, I have stayed there twice in the past, and Alex is a nice chap to spend and evening with and generous to boot, not staying there next time I go, only due to the fact the soi is now being dominated by the agogos and they are just not my cup of tea.

Rock House is very popular and I always enjoy my time in there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Think of how much more it would be worth if he did not hit customers over the head with beer bottles...

Hi,

He seems a colourful individual. I'm sure that's his way of saying welcome.

My thoughts exactly, I think dreamed up five 0's too many.

What a load of bullshit.

• Upvote 3

Goodwill tot he owner?

Imagine somebody buying the place and decorating the walls with memorabilia with pics depicting 'Fondles' with his bandages, the food nights etc. It may work!

Sorry could not resist it. Alex is a good friend...

Gives a new meaning to the phrase..."here's one on the house"....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

if there pictures are made public

If you guys would swap your incorrect use of their/there it would be perfect.

Their is one person who

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I like the place, I have stayed there twice in the past

same here

I think the rooms are excellent, 4 stars.

• Downvote 3