Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I am due to fly LHR to BKK tomorrow night but have just heard on the news that all flights are grounded.

Does anyone have further information please

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15504838

The Australian airline Qantas is to ground all international and domestic flights with immediate effect due to an industrial dispute.

A statement said all employees involved in industrial action would be locked out from Monday evening and flights grounded from 0600 GMT on Saturday.

Aircraft currently in the air will complete their flights, but there will be no further departures.

Chief executive Alan Joyce called his decision "unbelievable".

Probably cant give you anymore advice other than what the newsites will be providing, the Australain Government is trying to use the "fair work act" to end the dispute tomorrow , eg order everyone back to work.

All flights are grounded and only the ones in the air are the ones currently travelling and once landed they will be grounded as well.

If tomorrow morning everyone's orded back to work it would be an absolute miracle for your flight to still be scheduled.

If you want to make it to BKK you will need to organize another flight.

I am due to fly LHR to BKK tomorrow night but have just heard on the news that all flights are grounded.

Hi,

I've used Qantas and they share with BA. So maybe British Airways will operate the flight ? Check with BA.

Providing you already hold a ticket with a confirmed reservation; in the event of industrial action it becomes the airlines' [in this case Qantas] responsibility to either endorse your ticket to another airline in which case you need to sort out the new airline reservation yourself or more practical they will have or shud be re-booking you on the best alternate available. There can be issues of re-booking with other airlines if you have purchased a highly restrictive ticket but if yours is not one of these then Qantas shud take care of the re-booking on another airline. Best advise, if you have not already done so, is get on the phone to Qantas as soon as possible and see what they are doing/have done already for you. Don't wait for them to contact you, if seats on alternate airlines are limited, it can often be first come, first served.

Good luck

Providing you already hold a ticket with a confirmed reservation; in the event of industrial action it becomes the airlines' [in this case Qantas] responsibility to either endorse your ticket to another airline in which case you need to sort out the new airline reservation yourself or more practical they will have or shud be re-booking you on the best alternate available. There can be issues of re-booking with other airlines if you have purchased a highly restrictive ticket but if yours is not one of these then Qantas shud take care of the re-booking on another airline. Best advise, if you have not already done so, is get on the phone to Qantas as soon as possible and see what they are doing/have done already for you. Don't wait for them to contact you, if seats on alternate airlines are limited, it can often be first come, first served.

Good luck

In this instance Qantas need to do fuck all, Alan Joyce has shut down Qantas due to the fuckwit unions, wait and watch Qantas to be re-branded and staff to re-apply for their jobs, easiest way to clean out dead expensive wood that is controlled by unions.

I admire Quantas for shutting down. At one time unions were a necessary thing but it has come to the point that they hold hostage companies that pay their wages. Unions have gotten to the point that they protect dead beats who do nothing. Eventually it has to come to the point that employees pull their own weight. It is quite obvious at this point that unions are totally counter productive.

I admire Quantas for shutting down. At one time unions were a necessary thing but it has come to the point that they hold hostage companies that pay their wages. Unions have gotten to the point that they protect dead beats who do nothing. Eventually it has to come to the point that employees pull their own weight. It is quite obvious at this point that unions are totally counter productive.

Agree!

Thanks for the updates Guys. Just to let you know that as I had booked through British Airways they have found me a seat on one of their flights on Saturday next.

Thanks for the updates Guys. Just to let you know that as I had booked through British Airways they have found me a seat on one of their flights on Saturday next.

Hi,

Good news. Enjoy the trip.

I hope that any travellers from Australia, that are currently in Pattaya are aware of the situation, so that they too can make alternate plans.

I can't imagine much worse than arriving at Bangkok airport ready to fly home then finding the air carrier was not operating and no other flights available.

News reports here are saying that some flights just stopped mid-journey at the re-fuelling stopover point with no way of continuing. For example people are stuck in Hong Kong midway on a flight from Europe to Australia.

Qantas is grounded for another day as yet and maybe more.

I fully realise Qantas is Australian, but it operates worldwide, so I was wondering whether it will go down the toilet in a clockwise or anti-clockwise manner?

Don't know what is going to happen. Maybe a government bail out if necessary. I hope it willl be resolved quickly. I live in the middle of Australia and Qantas is the only airline in and out.

I have tickets booked for the wife and kids for November to come back to Thailand to visit family with me following 3 weeks later. I don't feel like a 1200km drive just to get to my international flight

As of 3 pm Alice Springs time today

http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/-/article/11084497/thousands-stranded-due-to-qantas-dispute/

I have just heard that some QLink Services are not flying as well - some guys just drove in from Uluru - they were not very impressed

Edited by 2dave

Qantas

Queensland And Northern Territories Aerial Services.

We used to call it- Queers And Nymphomaniacs Trained As Staff :rolleyes:

'

It is the Occupy LSX' effort, to keep Cameron deported to Australia. :whistling:

We used to call it- Queers And Nymphomaniacs Trained As Staff :rolleyes:

'

It is the Occupy LSX' effort, to keep Cameron deported to Australia. :whistling:

They think the PM of the UK flies Qantas.

That is why the protesters are outside the LSX in tents rather than inside. :whistling:

In these times of austerity the Unions are more important than ever.

Fat Cat's still taking pay rises, bonuses, etc whilst the Workers get pissed on from high.

Qantas CEO gets a 71% pay increase (salary now $5 million) then 2 days later locks out his workforce. Unions were only taking limited actions i.e 1 hour stoppages.

I work in the shipping industry in Oz and our negotiations last time went 18 months past the agreements expiry date ( so no pay rise or back pay for 18 months). The current agreement we are negotiating is already 12 months past the date. All companies now are taking the same tact. That is prolonging, stalling negotiations so they can save/pocket millions in backpay and rises. Its a trend around Australia and has been for some time.

So guys that are rubbishing the unions need to know both sides of the argument. All these greedy corporate fucks say the workers need to realise that the companies can't compete with Asia etc but still take their massive pay packets/share bonuses and don't want to give their employees a rise in line with the cost of living.

Yes we can compete with Asia etc if you halve the prices of property/houses, utility bills, food and general cost of living but that won't happen so we fight on.

Qantas CEO gets a 71% pay increase (salary now $5 million) then 2 days later locks out his workforce. Unions were only taking limited actions i.e 1 hour stoppages.

All these greedy corporate fucks say the workers need to realise that the companies can't compete with Asia etc but still take their massive pay packets/share bonuses and don't want to give their employees a rise in line with the cost of living.

Hi,

Fight your corner for your family.

Qantas

Queensland And Northern Territories Aerial Services.

Its a cracking good question in quizs if you ask what Qantas stands for. Have never in all the ones I've set had anyone know the answer.

They think the PM of the UK flies Qantas.

That is why the protesters are outside the LSX in tents rather than inside. :whistling:

OOOh, never heard of code share jacko ?

That BA flight might just have a 'roo on the tail. :thumbup