Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

another bad experience with the Brits

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never had a very high opinion of British guys in Pattaya (you know the type: tatoos from head to toe, really weird haircuts, etc. etc.) But I mostly figured that the older types (over 50 or so) cou

You must be a fucking Brit yourself. If you read my post, I offered to move back into the condo for an extra two weeks and pay the bastard an extra two weeks of rent. I also offered to pay t

Hi,   The British are Europeans. This means they generally have higher moral and ethical standards than say Americans or Pakistani's. I'm sure one will meet the odd bad apple all the same.

Posted Images

You used the electricity so pay for it.

You are breaking a contract for your own reasons. You owe the money according to the terms of the contract.

Landlord's nationality has nothing to do with it.

Neither does his hairstyle or his choice to be tattooed or not.

• Upvote 2

allowing him to justify his entirely dishonourable behavior in his own mind.

Says the guy to suggested a crap breaking of a contract and slagged of an entire nationality , including haircuts.

As a landlord, I wouldn't let you back in it after you had shown your colours. You could have trashed it. Best keep the dodgy punters out. And no matter how a deal goes, the landlord always gets the blame :banghead

Now you have probably ruined a good , handshake deal for others.

• Upvote 4

Never had a very high opinion of British guys in Pattaya (you know the type: tatoos from head to toe, really weird haircuts, etc. etc.) But I mostly figured that the older types (over 50 or so) could perhaps be trusted. Anyway, I rented a condo from a Brit who claims to have served in the Royal Navy, so I figured this guy probably had a sense of honor and could be trusted. I had a few misgivings about the condo, so I did not sign a long term lease (just rented month to month). Anyway, I found a better deal in the same building, so I notified him that I would be moving out. I did not give him a full 30 days notice as required by the contract, but was fully prepared to pay him the extra 2 weeks rent. So I meet this guy to settle accounts and he announces that I am in breach of contract and must therefore forfeit my entire deposit (sorry. Forgot to mention that I also had a 3000 baht electricity bill that would be deducted from the deposit). So basically what this ass hole wanted was for me to pay the electricity bill and also forfeit my entire deposit. So then I got very angry and stormed out and told him I have nothing more to say to him (at which time he threatened to call the police). But then a little bit later I had a bright idea, so I call him back and told him that I would move back into his condo for the extra two weeks and pay the extra rent and pay the electricity bill, but would expect a full refund of my deposit. This he turned down. Not sure why.

I have had many landlords in the past. Mostly Thai, one time an Indian, and one time a Russian. They have always treated me fairly. The one exception has been this scum bag Brit. I have learned my lesson. I will not have any further dealings with these vermin.

Well that's that then. It's pretty much conclusive. You have a bad experience with a British national over the tenancy of a property in Thailand and because things turned sour then that means ALL British people are scumbags. Using that rationale I'm sure all future business dealings in Thailand will go swimmingly for you. :thumbup

Edited by Siam Sam

Seems more like the Brit landlord was the one who had the bad experience. He made the mistake of renting to someone who wants to cheat on the electric bill and wants to fuck off on his contract as well. Look in the mirror, peckerhead.

• Upvote 1

Never had a very high opinion of British guys in Pattaya (you know the type: tatoos from head to toe, really weird haircuts, etc. etc.) But I mostly figured that the older types (over 50 or so) could perhaps be trusted. Anyway, I rented a condo from a Brit who claims to have served in the Royal Navy, so I figured this guy probably had a sense of honor and could be trusted. I had a few misgivings about the condo, so I did not sign a long term lease (just rented month to month). Anyway, I found a better deal in the same building, so I notified him that I would be moving out. I did not give him a full 30 days notice as required by the contract, but was fully prepared to pay him the extra 2 weeks rent. So I meet this guy to settle accounts and he announces that I am in breach of contract and must therefore forfeit my entire deposit (sorry. Forgot to mention that I also had a 3000 baht electricity bill that would be deducted from the deposit). So basically what this ass hole wanted was for me to pay the electricity bill and also forfeit my entire deposit. So then I got very angry and stormed out and told him I have nothing more to say to him (at which time he threatened to call the police). But then a little bit later I had a bright idea, so I call him back and told him that I would move back into his condo for the extra two weeks and pay the extra rent and pay the electricity bill, but would expect a full refund of my deposit. This he turned down. Not sure why.

I have had many landlords in the past. Mostly Thai, one time an Indian, and one time a Russian. They have always treated me fairly. The one exception has been this scum bag Brit. I have learned my lesson. I will not have any further dealings with these vermin.

you forgot bad teeth :whistling:

all the Brits i've ever met in Patts have been decent guys!

Let me get this straight.

You signed a contract, then tried to break it, and were held to it.

You got very angry when you were reminded of the terms of the contract.

So much so the guy felt he needed the police.

Then later, after you had moved out, you wanted to move back in? And apparently you were surprised the guy didn't want you back, the angry contract breaker. :clueless

Now this other British

Never had a very high opinion of British guys
person you were arguing with in Bangkok, was he perchance a Muslim?

Your handle needs to be de-tailed.

a few from your last posts Mr Pecker...

:,,,,,One of the BM's here recently posted about devil's den. What I found particularly interesting was that one could specify the particular "skill" that you were interested in and do a search, and walla- up would come a list of the girls providing that particular specialty. I thought wow! . Wouldn't be great to have a lady that provides deep throat and does anal at the same time! So I go online and book one of the ladies that came up in the search. I have to hand it to the management there. They called me back promptly . But then the guy hits me with this utterly incompressible request. He says that because I live in a Condo and not a hotel, I must first come in to his little shop of whores and provide him with full identification. Then, and only then, would I qualify for the great privilege of using his services. What a fucking jackass (I hope you are reading this, whoever you are). I have lived in Thailand for 9 years now, and have lived in condos for almost the entire 9 years. I have barfined many hundreds of girls from go-go's and bars, and not once have I been asked to present my passport to the management before I could take her home. Yes, this does constitute a (very small) risk for the lady. But as far as I can tell, attacks on Thai working girls by customers are very rare. Anyway, I have now completely written off the devils den.

:,,,The vast majority of posts on this board are from short time tourists. They have absolutely no knowledge of Thai culture, and are forever obsessing-- alternately bitching about and praising the virtues of bar girls-- about their experiences with Thai women. As a long time expat well versed in Thai culture and language, I find these posts tedious in the extreme. And in fact, I find many of their posts rather pathetic. Now I know that most long time expats have girlfriends or wives, but I really don't want either one. I enjoy the mongering scene too much. So I realize that I am in a rather small minority of farangs that enjoy Thailand for one reason or another. Does anyone know of a forumn for guys like me?

looks like you have problems of your own ...and I am not a Brit...

No. They are not all bad. But I have yet to have a good experience with British guys(especially young). One time in Bangkok I was having what I thought was a friendly conversation with a British guy in a bar, and the conversation turned to terrorism. He claimed that the Christians were just as bad as the Muslims. I politely replied that I hadn't noticed how Christians were flying airplanes into buildings killing thousands or blowing up trains in London, and for this transgression of political correctness he threatened me with physical violence. Are all Brits bad? Of course not. It's just that I would like to meet a good one.

Same that all Americans are not bad, just a shame the ones who are have really fucked up the world; extravagant support of Israeli belligerence instead of working for a peaceful solution, bombing and invading countries around the world for oil. Weapons of mass destruction that did not exist. Christianity? I thought that was supposed to be a tolerant religion. I have met some good Americans so not all all can be tarred with the same brush.

Quoting Peckerwood's rant about Devil.s Den-------

Quote:[and walla- up would come a list of the girls providing that particular specialty. I thought wow! . Wouldn't be great to have a lady that provides deep throat and does anal at the same time! So I go online and book one of the ladies that came up in the search. I have to hand it to the];unquote

Would someone explain the word 'Walla"?--is that textspeak?----and maybe I missed something, but how does a girl provide deep throat and do anal at the same time?

• Upvote 1

Quoting Peckerwood's rant about Devil.s Den-------

Quote:[and walla- up would come a list of the girls providing that particular specialty. I thought wow! . Wouldn't be great to have a lady that provides deep throat and does anal at the same time! So I go online and book one of the ladies that came up in the search. I have to hand it to the];unquote

Would someone explain the word 'Walla"?--is that textspeak?----and maybe I missed something, but how does a girl provide deep throat and do anal at the same time?

I'm guessing he meant "voilá".

Regarding the deep throat and anal at the same time, you're definitely a careful reader! I can't work out how she'd do it unless there were more than one man in the room.

So, in other words, you broke the contract. What you were prepared to do is irrelevant. You signed a contract in good faith, then you saw fit to break it when it suited you.

Did you even consider just following the contract in the first place???

I agree. The landlord did nothing wrong. I have a few rentals in the states and until recently two in Bali. I always provided a place in good repair and kept up all maintenance. A contract is a contract. If it does not suit you, don't sign. Really looking like an ugly Westerner, peckerwood.

I'm guessing he meant "voilá".

I thought of India "walla". It's a tag word, one of those ones difficult to pin down, but let me try - snake walla, kitchen walla, deep-throat walla. A person who does something useful.