Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

What is your preferred airline when travelling to and from Thailand and why?

I have flown with several different airlines, sometimes direct and sometimes changing over in several places in the Middle East. Most I have flown with have been reasonably good but I did have two bad experiences with Jet Airways and Qatar Airays.

My favourite has to be Eva Air. I like them for lots of reasons. They have good departure times, the women that work on the planes are in most cases really hot, the food is good and the seats have lots of leg room, even in economy. Most of the planes in their fleet are new too.

Edited by Siam Sam
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to fly Biman, best airline ever. Loads of booze, can smoke and the curry was great. If there was an airline that allowed smoking that took 24 hours I would still go for it.

I agree UAL is the best of a bad lot for flying to BKK. I still recommend flying with UAL. For a long time I was a Premier Executive level frequent flier. I always was seated in the exit row and had c

Eva air for me direct and good value for money never had any issues with them.

I used to fly Eva Sam...but, I've found...for me... Cathay Pacific to be a better all around experience...Cathay's entertainment system is top drawer with over a 100 on demand movies in coach, full seasons of TV shows and all other entertainment stuff...the food is heaps better than Eva too..."Do you want the fish heads and rice or the hot dog with scrambled eggs?"..:puke ....plus, with Cathay you fly into Hong Kong and it's only a two hour hop to Bkk....they also have a early evening flight out of Bkk...roughly 18:00...that turns your last night in town into a real last night in town.

cheers.

:clueless

My preferred airline is the one that is best value for money when I want to go-and that has meant Etihad and Qatar over the last few years.Good connecting times,IFE and Doha and Abu Dhabi are o.k. for a couple of hours.

If price didn't come into it then I would maybe go for another airline,but from Manchester there are no direct flights.

Was Emirates until they changed the goalposts for the Frequent Flier Tiers, so have switched to Etihad...

Sadly they in-flight experience for Etihad wasn't as good as Emirates the last time I flew.

Etihad for me mate. I have flown with them 13 times of which 2 flights were free because I cashed in my miles. I now get full lounge accesss and always request and get extra legroom seat near exit. Been upgraded to Business class a couple of times too. Top notch airline

I used to fly Biman, best airline ever. Loads of booze, can smoke and the curry was great. If there was an airline that allowed smoking that took 24 hours I would still go for it.

• Upvote 2

Back and forth to Pattaya, the only airlines I've taken are Thai Air and Northwest/Delta. I guess it's time I tried something new. I'm sort of pissed at Thai, because last time, the girl at the counter in LAX weighed my carry on and made me take a bunch of stuff out of it so it would weigh less than 10 kilos. That was a pain, as my other suitcase was full.

Maybe I'll try Cathay Pacific or EVA or Asiana or Korean Air next time.

china airlines business class through amsterdam is the only way to travel especially for the larger gentleman like myself.

cannot be beaten for comfort and value imho, planes are a little old but the taiwanese stewardesses are so beautiful and helpful that they make up for it

Priority is good entertainment, reasonable food, and quick layovers if necessary.

For stopping off i like Emirates and Qatar. I make sure there is only a short layover in the Middle East (my limit is 3-4hrs). Both have good entertainment systems. to pass the time.

Direct... i prefer EVA to Thai. Again, better entertainment.

I have flown Kingfisher before. Not bad, but Mumbai to BKK leg saw us on a less impressive plane than London-Mumbai. A higher % of Indian nationals using there home airline (compared with say Arabs using Emirates/Qatar) means things like queues and boarding procedures get messy.

Trying Oman next time. At £495 i thought i'd checked some reviews. Surprisingly positive. Hopefully a decent alternative to Emirates/Qatar.

Out of LAX it seems EVA is the clear choice when you'd like a stop-over.

Price vs. service level is a darn good bang for the buck.

The EVA lounge in TPE has a shower in it, the food isn't great but it is acceptable.

Also, I feel much better after showering and changing into a new set of clothes.

If you can take 17+ hours on 1 plane, then the non-stop on Thai would be your choice.

Edited by The Mook

I have flown Kingfisher before. Not bad, but Mumbai to BKK leg saw us on a less impressive plane than London-Mumbai. A higher % of Indian nationals using there home airline (compared with say Arabs using Emirates/Qatar) means things like queues and boarding procedures get messy.

Tell me about it. I had a terrible experience changing at Mubai last year. Never again.

I would normally pick the best price amongst a few of my preferred airlines for a business class ticket.

Those being Qatar, Etihad and Emirates of late.

I refuse to go via LHR so that kicks out EVA and Thai and many others, I fly to Manchester.

I also book my flights ex BKK these days so that seems to prevent me getting any good deals on KLM and European carriers.

I have flown with Eva a few times and they are good. Very good.

I thought the food was poor but they are new planes, great entertainment, and in my experience, reliable.

I live in Belfast and Eva means a night in London for me on the return because of late arrival.

Thai is my preference. Thai flights from BKK can arrive early in the morning and this means an easier connection for me. Equats to an extra day in LoS as opposed to some shit hotel near LHR and avoids an early rise after my last night!

I've done some stop-over flights, usually with Emirates, and they are also a great airline, but as said, not the same quality of plane from Dubai on.

For around a £100-£150 or so extra I prefer direct flights. Saves maybe 2-7 hrs stop-over time and maybe 4- 6hrs flying time each way!! Also fewer chances of delays and fuck ups.

May not be too bad outward but, nothing is worse than a stop-over,then a delay or other fuck up when you just want to get home!

BA and QANTAS, I will not chance/use unless I get some great deal. I find them to be an absolute shambles. My last choice. Would consider indirect flight before using them.

Regards,

1. As to the actual number of flights, I have flown Delta/Northwest to the LOS because that is where my FF miles are/were. Over the past 10 years, the pricing has been very good (it no longer is one of the best). But I really don't like the times (arrive at midnight, leave BKK at 6am).
  2. I prefer the Thai nonstop from LAX when I can get the flight at a decent price. No stops, and great times - leave late at night and arrive in the morning.
  3. As a lower cost alternative I like the EVA flights, but have never taken them.

Zeus

Edited by Zeus

I should first declare that I always travel Business Class , so there is not a great deal of difference in the service , therefore it comes down to convenience , comfort , and food . I used EvaAir mostly but now I prefer Qatar - the stop-overs are not too long and the lounge at Doha is very comfortable . I also think their food is first class.

I have no choice where I live, it has to be Delta, American or Continental. The flight attendants are old men or fuglie older women. The only time I get a treat is when they contract one or more of the middle legs to companies like JAL ( Japan Airline), Asiana or ANA. One time on American, I swear the flight attendant was a smelly older guy, it was unbearable every time he passed by for service, I was on an isle seat.

from aust my preferred airline is singapore airlines followed by malaysian. My least preferred is jetstar.

I am mostly driven by price but will pay and extra 100$ to go on singapore. I would not fly jetstar unless it was under 300$ each way.

I don't like wasting time with stop overs.....and from Brisbane my choices are limited.

So Thai Airways direct flights suit me....good entertainment...good friendly service....good meals and the drinks keep coming.

ANA from Tokyo, especially now that they have a midnight flight from Haneda (central Tokyo), rather than the two-hour journey to that great fooking white elephant Narita!

Second choice is Singapore Airlines.