Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

What is your preferred airline when travelling to and from Thailand and why?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to fly Biman, best airline ever. Loads of booze, can smoke and the curry was great. If there was an airline that allowed smoking that took 24 hours I would still go for it.

I agree UAL is the best of a bad lot for flying to BKK. I still recommend flying with UAL. For a long time I was a Premier Executive level frequent flier. I always was seated in the exit row and had c

Eva air for me direct and good value for money never had any issues with them.

Have flown to Thailand with

Singapore ,Thai, Air Asia and Jetstar

My favourite easily would be Singapore, however i can normally get about $600 cheaper by flying Jetstar so i fly jetstar the most

Back and forth to Pattaya, the only airlines I've taken are Thai Air and Northwest/Delta. I guess it's time I tried something new. I'm sort of pissed at Thai, because last time, the girl at the counter in LAX weighed my carry on and made me take a bunch of stuff out of it so it would weigh less than 10 kilos. That was a pain, as my other suitcase was full.

Maybe I'll try Cathay Pacific or EVA or Asiana or Korean Air next time.

I find this invention known as 'bathroom scales', quite useful. :allright

I've no idea why this was put in the Members Bar, since we have a very nice section for Airline topics.

I'll be moving it there.

I have been happy with China airlines. Good price, service and nice air crew.

I flew with them once ,thought the staff was rude and the food was shite the only upside was that it was only half full and i had a whole row to myself

• Upvote 1

I flew with them once ,thought the staff was rude and the food was shite the only upside was that it was only half full and i had a whole row to myself

id sacrifice service and food for a whole row to myself everytime

Etihad for me Sam, always got decent prices (under £500) and good flight times without long stopovers, good food and entertainment and birds onboard are fit as fuck.

I second Etihad-most out of choice like to go non stop but personally I like a stop-Etihad for me followed by Qatar or Emirates.

Edited by chatkeow

I have not looked at every post, any board members voted for Handjob airlines, :wanker yes that one, you'll all have seen the video. :)

Myself, it is Eva for me, I'll be on BR068 tomorrow, I do admit they are a bit stingy with the drinks though, it doesn't bother me because I'll have had a bellyfull in the lounge.. :chogdee

I've no idea why this was put in the Members Bar, since we have a very nice section for Airline topics.

I'll be moving it there.

It's because I'm a muppet.

I have flown with several different airlines, sometimes direct and sometimes changing over in several places in the Middle East. Most I have flown with have been reasonably good but I did have two bad experiences with Jet Airways and Qatar Airays.

Cathay Pacific by far. Their first class is so far above business class for nearly the same price at least from here. The only chance I have to eat caviar anywhere not that it tastes that great. Six seats two flight attendants and two bogs. Plus pajamas. Ground service at Hong Kong and even BKK is great.

I find this invention known as 'bathroom scales', quite useful. :allright

Yea, I use them to jam open the door when I am doing some plumbing in there. Edited by jacko

Cathay Pacific by far. Their first class is so far above business class for nearly the same price at least from here. The only chance I have to eat caviar anywhere not that it tastes that great. Six seats two flight attendants and two bogs. Plus pajamas. Ground service at Hong Kong and even BKK is great.

Must admit the two times I flew Cathay Pacific they were indeed the dogs bollacks-was upgraded to Biz on one flight so can only imagine what first is like.

My usual airline of choice would normally be any of the Middle east carriers.(Emirates, Etihad, Qatar). I will try my best to pick one of these, depending on price, and stopover times.

Ive flown Eva and Thai to BKK before. The only problem i find with Thai is the lack of IFE, apart from that, they are fine. Eva seem to have some strange policy of cancelling flights from LHR, so would think twice about booking with them.

I have not looked at every post, any board members voted for Handjob airlines, :wanker yes that one, you'll all have seen the video. :)

Myself, it is Eva for me, I'll be on BR068 tomorrow, I do admit they are a bit stingy with the drinks though, it doesn't bother me because I'll have had a bellyfull in the lounge.. :chogdee

Gus I always used to find that if you go back to the Galley and ask for Tiger or Heineken than its always forthcoming ??

Must have done 30 returns on them and have never been disappointed.

Also some people frequently criticize Eva's food but its coming out of the same caterers, as all the rest,

Eva seem to have some strange policy of cancelling flights from LHR, so would think twice about booking with them.

I have used Eva many times and never had that issue and never heard anyone else having the cancellation problem either

I fly from queensland australia and I always use Air Asia now. I have a 2 hour stop over in KL then fly in to bangkok. I regularly pay $5-600 for a return ticket. My friend flys Qantas, pays $1,500+ and has a two hour stop over in sydney (two hours flying in the wrong direction) He reckons he gets a great deal cos he gets free beer !!!

I have flown with Eva a few times and they are good. Very good.

I thought the food was poor but they are new planes, great entertainment, and in my experience, reliable.

I live in Belfast and Eva means a night in London for me on the return because of late arrival.

Thai is my preference. Thai flights from BKK can arrive early in the morning and this means an easier connection for me. Equats to an extra day in LoS as opposed to some shit hotel near LHR and avoids an early rise after my last night!

I've done some stop-over flights, usually with Emirates, and they are also a great airline, but as said, not the same quality of plane from Dubai on.

For around a £100-£150 or so extra I prefer direct flights. Saves maybe 2-7 hrs stop-over time and maybe 4- 6hrs flying time each way!! Also fewer chances of delays and fuck ups.

May not be too bad outward but, nothing is worse than a stop-over,then a delay or other fuck up when you just want to get home!

BA and QANTAS, I will not chance/use unless I get some great deal. I find them to be an absolute shambles. My last choice. Would consider indirect flight before using them.

Regards,

Flew EVA on several occasions and always made use of the Yotel on return to LHR, only about £60 for nights sleep and catch the first BMI to the city in the morning. Check it out, pretty cool cabin hotel, very comfy and quiet.

I should first declare that I always travel Business Class , so there is not a great deal of difference in the service , therefore it comes down to convenience , comfort , and food . I used EvaAir mostly but now I prefer Qatar - the stop-overs are not too long and the lounge at Doha is very comfortable . I also think their food is first class.

Bit by the business bug myself. Have just booked Qatar for the first time for my March trip, got a surprisingly good deal for Business at £1550 return LHR - BKK by booking direct. For what is billed as a 5 star airline I'm impressed at price, I was normally paying this price for EVA who are now looking over £2k.

I should first declare that I always travel Business Class , so there is not a great deal of difference in the service , therefore it comes down to convenience , comfort , and food . I used EvaAir mostly but now I prefer Qatar - the stop-overs are not too long and the lounge at Doha is very comfortable . I also think their food is first class.

I agree with your comment about Doha stop overs. At first I thought 1.5 hours was going to be a rush job but still had time for a visit to duty free & a quick shower & drinks at the silver lounge. When you "check in" at the lounge they come and tell you where your flight is loading. I,ve been upgraded a couple of times and their attention on board has been exceptional. I like it when when they address me by name & come looking for me to ask me for my meal pre-order.

Very small thing but makes me feel pampered (I,m easily pleased ) Last trip I was still being fed gin&Tonics as the plane approached swampy.

cheers rogero :beer :beer :beer

I have used Eva many times and never had that issue and never heard anyone else having the cancellation problem either

If you look at past post's you will see that they have a habit of cancelling flights during low ? season. I have flown with them (Business class) and have found that like many airlines on night flights they dissappear very quickly after meal;s have been served.

Have flown Oman air this time excellent service only flying home times not good.

If you look at past post's you will see that they have a habit of cancelling flights during low ? season. I have flown with them (Business class) and have found that like many airlines on night flights they dissappear very quickly after meal;s have been served.

Have flown Oman air this time excellent service only flying home times not good.

Oman seems to be a good choice at the moment but, as you say, you have to choose your return dates carefully. If you do, the timings are on a par with the other Gulf carriers. Good prices for their biz class which is as good as First on Etihad.