Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Forum Software upgraded today

I REALLY hate the new look, with blank avatars half the size of the screen and spacing like a pre-kindergarten book. I can't figure out how to make it look even half decent, every theme/skin is about the same.

The new themes (skins) for this software version were not enabled after the upgrade.

They are now, and the old themes have been removed.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have we lost the vote up or down a post, optiion ??

Sam, I said that about several previous upgrades. But this is a change, pictures for text. That will always be noticed. Of course a skin could fix it, probably, so we'll, er, see.   .

Give em a little time lads to iron out the bugs.   I reckon it's alright! Well done MM and techies. The big fonts are easy on my blind eyes.

Posted Images

Same for me.I'm sure it will be addressed soon enough.That was a handy feature going directly to the 1st unread post.

I just noticed this at the top right of the "New Content" page,"Go to first unread post".I don't remember seeing that before on the new content page since it brought you there automatically.

This is a new one on me too,"The number of opening quote tags does not match the number of closing quote tags".

After the last upgrade, if you hit a thread which had come up from "View New Posts", it took you to the last entry you had read. Now we are back to it showing the first entry in the thread.

Edited by bigdelta

Thin skin.

I use the silver ones. Would have been appropriate for me to use the thumb up smiley now but the forum software has gone crazy tonight, I can't find it......

For a few seconds I thought I had gone onto Pattaya Addicts early by mistake (I read the boards in a certain order) as they moved to this version not long ago. Think both are using the same colour scheme so the option to change one would be good.

Yeah, IP is what I'm using -- not that there is any choice IP board or mobile -- on a PC. It sucks like a gasoline thief with a small hose. The whole "white space" thing is way overdone.

I just think that forums are ALL about the text (and feelthy pitchers of course) and not wide borders, triple-spaced posts and massive blank avatars. Although the avatars seem to have shrunk in the past few hours, that's one Good Thing. There was no reason for IP Board to change the look and feel, that's my opinion. I don't know under the hood, although it seems to work very smoothly. But out here where actual real non-geek people mouse and read and write, it's a huge CHANGE, not an upgrade.

EDIT. Almost forgot. The little Red X's are the flags. MM: the (cough)"upgrade"(cough) changed the directory for them. It is now (remove the spaces):

/forums/ topic/ 56940-forum-software-upgraded-today/ style_images/ flags/

Edited by joekicker

I'm using a funky Android based (NookColor) tablet because I am traveling. On the old software, the IP.Board skin worked just fine. New software would not allow me to make a reply until I switched to the IP Board Mobile skin. Not impressed so far.

Ive noticed any pics posted are not re-sized and it looks the same with avatars , its causing everything to be squashed up :wtf

MY BIG TITTED POLISH BIRD AVATAR HAS FUCKED OFF TOO AND I CANT REMEMBER WHERE I FOUND IT :cry2 :cry2 :cry2

In the prior upgrade, they gave you a profile picture and an avatar picture. Perhaps you were using both? This new version only displays and supports avatar pictures.

The forum has a lot of teething problems at the minute which is to be expected, the software has only been installed tonight. Not everthing seems to appear in the "view new content" option? I know for a fact threads have been posted in by they don't appear on the list? It doesn't even look like you have the option to change your avatar either? What's going on Mr MM?

Haven't tried changing the avatar, but I suspect it is still there in your personal controls.

Have we lost the vote up or down a post, optiion ??

It looks like you can LIKE something...not sure if you can DISLIKE something though, so perhaps they have gone PC.

Tried the paradox skin but screen doesn't fit.

So back to PT skin but like said above evrything bloody huge.

Neither of those skins should have been selectable with the new version. As I said earlier, they did the upgrade (without warning) while I was out on a regular bar crawl, so there was a time when the old skins were present, and the new skins were not.

After the last upgrade, if you hit a thread which had come up from "View New Posts", it took you to the last entry you had read. Now we are back to it showing the first entry in the thread.

Also, on my 'phone, there is now no listing of pages. So, for example, on Chivas's post which is some 27 pages long, I have to start at the first page in order to get to the entry on the 27th.

Reg the last entry...to the left of the topic description is a clickable icon. Hover your mouse over that and it will say something like "go to first unread post". Click on it, and that's what should happen....or at least the first unread page.

Same for me.I'm sure it will be addressed soon enough.That was a handy feature going directly to the 1st unread post.

I just noticed this at the top right of the "New Content" page,"Go to first unread post".I don't remember seeing that before on the new content page since it brought you there automatically.

This is a new one on me too,"The number of opening quote tags does not match the number of closing quote tags".

See previous reply to Bazle,

Re the opening/closing quote tags, that error message has been around for years. You attempted to post something with an unequal number of quote/endquote tags.

I just noticed something else.There is no longer a "mark all forums or content as read" button.

Very bottom of the page..."Mark Community Read" will do that.

EDIT. Almost forgot. The little Red X's are the flags. MM: the (cough)"upgrade"(cough) changed the directory for them. It is now (remove the spaces):

/forums/ topic/ 56940-forum-software-upgraded-today/ style_images/ flags/

Looking into that soon...haven't had my first coffee yet though, so give me a chance.

I'm using a funky Android based (NookColor) tablet because I am traveling. On the old software, the IP.Board skin worked just fine. New software would not allow me to make a reply until I switched to the IP Board Mobile skin. Not impressed so far.

Odd, I made replies with the mobile skin.

How do you blank out avatars for those of us having a discreet look at the site while at work?

I don't know. Anyone figured that out yet?

At the bottom of the screen, click on CHANGE THEME.

Choose IP.Board if you are running on a PC.

See if that helps.

That is the first thing i tried to do when i came online this morning, i am on IP.board and i wanted to change back to the old one, didn't work :P

I am sure we will get used to it after time :D

That is the first thing i tried to do when i came online this morning, i am on IP.board and i wanted to change back to the old one, didn't work :P

I am sure we will get used to it after time :D

The old skins (now "themes") were not compatible with the new forum software, so using them introduced lots of formatting errors. I'll be updating the themes over the near future.

Out of curiosity, which skin were you using before?

Not really, I've got a monster hangover.

It seems to be getting better by the minute (The software, not my hangover). Are you tweaking it?

Yes, I'm tweaking it. Remember that the upgrade was done while I was out with a bunch of bar crawlers, and I got home to find out it was done..but was in no condition to make any changes.

There are some other changes that will accrue as the days go by.

I don't care for the fixed width of the content area, so will be making that all of the screen again, without the useless boundaries.

I'm probably going to change the colors a bit as well.

The new forum software is very nice at selecting what you want to view on the VIEW NEW CONTENT. I like that an awful lot (referring to the list of choices on the left of the page).

Yes, I'm tweaking it. Remember that the upgrade was done while I was out with a bunch of bar crawlers, and I got home to find out it was done..but was in no condition to make any changes.

There are some other changes that will accrue as the days go by.

I don't care for the fixed width of the content area, so will be making that all of the screen again, without the useless boundaries.

I'm probably going to change the colors a bit as well.

The new forum software is very nice at selecting what you want to view on the VIEW NEW CONTENT. I like that an awful lot (referring to the list of choices on the left of the page).

Adding youtube is easy , but I cant add a moving avatar :clueless is that something you can change ?

Adding youtube is easy , but I cant add a moving avatar :clueless is that something you can change ?

Not sure. Can you give me a link to the avatar image?

Hi,

Seems a step backwards. Can't see different topics etc.. Hope I have time to try sort out how to operate in this new environment.

Using the VIEW NEW CONTENT, in conjunction with selecting one of the choices on the left lower side of the page gives you control over what topics you see.

See the image below with the arrows pointing at your various choices for finding topics. I think it's a big step forward if used correctly.

content filter.png

If you think a recent topic has "disappeared", click on the "Past 24 hours" or some other time period, and it won't filter out topics you have read.

I've been using the "Content I have not read" filter to progressively shorten the list of topics I have yet to read, as I read them.

It works great.