Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I find buses as quick as Taxis.

Safer also.

A baht bus may look for a premium fare when he sees a punter with luggage. Just getting across Sukhumvit at that time of night with luggage in hand makes me vote for the bell Bus first and a taxi if the Bell doesn't work out.

When the bus drops me off on the Darkside of Suk, I get a motorbike taxi. I have a big fuck off sized suitcase and backpack with laptop, cameras, etc in it and no problems so far, LOL.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to decide that on your own. Is two hours of your holiday worth 600-800 baht? That's about what you will save by taking Bell. What is your time worth?

I used bell bus 2 times , 1st time was ok, 2nd time fucking bus was full of india,s, i had to push 2 of the fuckers out of my way so i could get to sit down, never again, taxis all the time

He will even have some beers and limes on ice for you if you ask in the email .   I once got in the back of his cab and he turned round to me with a knife I thought I was being robbed he laughed a

He will even have some beers and limes on ice for you if you ask in the email .th_sorcerer.gif

I once got in the back of his cab and he turned round to me with a knifeth_onguard.gif I thought I was being robbed <_ he laughed and said it for cut lemon src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:">

Its got to be shit beer if have to put lime it you big girls blouse

I was going to try going up to the arrivals entrance and grabbing a Pattaya taxi that just drop some one off, apparently its 1000 bath compare to 1500 at the Taxi rank down stairs.

And does Mr T still only charge 1000 baht

I was going to try going up to the arrivals entrance and grabbing a Pattaya taxi that just drop some one off, apparently its 1000 bath compare to 1500 at the Taxi rank down stairs.

I have done this many times and sometimes had to haggle, but always got me a taxi for a 1000 baht note. It does work if you are prepared to go upstairs and outside from Departures :thumbup

And does Mr T still only charge 1000 baht

Hi there. I used to go to departures as well but really its a waste as its the same price with T, Toom or whoever, 1000 baht.. I also got a car from a tout (big older BMW ) for 1200 baht earlier this year just hanging around gate 3 incoming.

When I take the Bell Bus to Pattaya, I don't bother getting in the mini van that drops you off at your hotel. That can add an hour onto your journey if you're the last one dropped off.

I just walk around the corner into the main bus station and private hire a Baht Bus for 100.

The actual bus ride from the airport is only @ 10 mins slower than a taxi.

Good point. All up 300 baht for a few minutes extra.

A baht bus may look for a premium fare when he sees a punter with luggage. Just getting across Sukhumvit at that time of night with luggage in hand makes me vote for the bell Bus first and a taxi if the Bell doesn't work out.

I have heard recent reports of 2 people killed trying to cross Sukhumvit....you have a point.

Horses for courses,you are either a money saver or a money spender.I have used all these kinds of transport in the past and will probably use them all again sometime in the future,having said that, I ,as a money saver, like to use the Bus ,but there are times when even a money saver finds the wait far too long or no bus at time of arrival.You must take all these things into consideration when making YOUR decision .Saving a little cash is not such a bad thing as some would make you believe ,but if money is no object , get a cab , if it is try for a bus and if there is no bus then a cab is the only sensible way to get to funtown either way enjoy your holiday.

PS the shorter the stay the less likely I would be to wait for a bus,but I usually stay 2 -3 months at a time.

I would agree - I entirely depends on how you feel when you get of the plane. I normally do a "milk run" of 3 different aircraft so I use Mr T taxi to get to Pattaya. I have never been let down yet and he has always been on time.

I have thought about taking the bus but am always too tired to wait.

Up to you which way you go.

Looking at Bell buses website, I see they don'y deliver to the Vault Hotel or Sabai Lodge. They did this in the past. Anybody know why?

PB#1

Dont know about the Vault but I usually stay at either the Sabai in or Resort and they sure as hell deliver and pick up there!

Dont know about the Vault but I usually stay at either the Sabai in or Resort and they sure as hell deliver and pick up there!

This is from there website. When I typed in where I wanted to go, they told me they didn't go there.

Hotel in: S

S Sukhumvit Suites

S15 Sukhumvit Hotel

S31 Sukhumvit Hotel

Sacha's Hotel Uno

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit -Soi Thonglor 1

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8

Sam's Lodge

Samran Place

Sapphirtel Inn

Sathorn Grace Serviced Residence

Sathorn Vista, Bangkok-Marriott Executive Apartments

Sawasdee Hotel @ Sukhumvit Soi 8

Sawasdee Langsuan Inn

Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn Hotel

Shanghai Inn

Shangri La Hotel

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Hotel

Siam @ Siam Hotel

Siam City Hotel

Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok

Silom City Inn

Silom Convent Garden

Silom Serene Boutique Hotel

Silom Village Trade Center

Silq Hotel

Sofitel Silom Bangkok

Somerset Lake Point

Somerset Park Suanplu

St. James Hotel

Stable Lodge

Suk 11 hotel

Suriwongse Tower Inn

Swan Hotel

Swissotel Nai Lert Park Bangkok

This is from there website. When I typed in where I wanted to go, they told me they didn't go there.

Hotel in: S

S Sukhumvit Suites

S15 Sukhumvit Hotel

S31 Sukhumvit Hotel

Sacha's Hotel Uno

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit -Soi Thonglor 1

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8

Sam's Lodge

Samran Place

Sapphirtel Inn

Sathorn Grace Serviced Residence

Sathorn Vista, Bangkok-Marriott Executive Apartments

Sawasdee Hotel @ Sukhumvit Soi 8

Sawasdee Langsuan Inn

Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn Hotel

Shanghai Inn

Shangri La Hotel

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Hotel

Siam @ Siam Hotel

Siam City Hotel

Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok

Silom City Inn

Silom Convent Garden

Silom Serene Boutique Hotel

Silom Village Trade Center

Silq Hotel

Sofitel Silom Bangkok

Somerset Lake Point

Somerset Park Suanplu

St. James Hotel

Stable Lodge

Suk 11 hotel

Suriwongse Tower Inn

Swan Hotel

Swissotel Nai Lert Park Bangkok

Errrrrrrrrr. This is a list of Bangkok hotels and neither mentions the Vault or the Sabai Group?????????????????

I have made the Bell Bus connection from your flight as it often arrives early.

Don't delay in getting to immigration to beat any queue. Bags should be there by the time you clear then get down to the lower floor as fast as you can.

Bell bus now share a counter with an hourly bus to Pattaya Sukhumvit Dd and Jomtein Beach which costs 124 Baht.

I find buses as quick as Taxis.

I arrived on that flight last Wednesday. Unfortunately, because of "VIP activity on the ground", we circled for about 30 minutes before landing, but we ended up landing on time.

I got to the bus desk at about 4.40pm and hoped to take the 5pm bus. However, it was already fully booked so had to wait until 6pm

As others have said, it is no great hardship waiting. I just have a meal at the airport which saves time when I get to Patts.

I arrived on that flight last Wednesday. Unfortunately, because of "VIP activity on the ground", we circled for about 30 minutes before landing, but we ended up landing on time.

I got to the bus desk at about 4.40pm and hoped to take the 5pm bus. However, it was already fully booked so had to wait until 6pm

As others have said, it is no great hardship waiting. I just have a meal at the airport which saves time when I get to Patts.

Bizzare as it may seem I never realised that there were so many places to eat at Swampy before this year. Since I have found the "Restaurant Street" on the middle floor of the airport the prospect of spending time there has become that much more acceptable. There is an international food offering and at prices that anyone can afford so as Bazza says, kick back and have a break.

Errrrrrrrrr. This is a list of Bangkok hotels and neither mentions the Vault or the Sabai Group?????????????????

Never mind. Sorry, I f'd up. Too much gin & tonic when typing.

PB#1

Their website is f_d-up - 'submit' buttons don't work ('have to sign up and be a "member" in order to make a reservation).. If they can't put up a decent website, I'm not sure I trust them as a source of transportation...

Their website is f_d-up - 'submit' buttons don't work ('have to sign up and be a "member" in order to make a reservation).. If they can't put up a decent website, I'm not sure I trust them as a source of transportation...

It takes 2 minutes to sign up and when you have done so they will always send you a confirmation when you book. Real easy.

If they can't put up a decent website, I'm not sure I trust them as a source of transportation...

What, as opposed to most purveyors of transport in the kingdom who can just about walk and chew simultaneously

• 2 weeks later...

Some people like the bus as they believe it is safer. I must say I have been in Thai taxis going at 85 mph about 5 feet from the vehicle ahead, no functioning seat belt and only a few buddha images to protect me.

It takes 2 minutes to sign up and when you have done so they will always send you a confirmation when you book. Real easy.

I wasn't even able to accomplish the membership. I emailed them about it, and I must admit they responded promptly and were apologetic and otherwise professional about it, so I made a reservation and got a prompt confirmation (via email). I'll be arriving fairly early in the morning, so I'm actually not going to be in a big hurry to get to Pattaya, but it is nice to know I have something definite. I've used the bus from Suvarnabhumi in the past, and it was cheap and dependable, but it drops you off on Sukhumvit, and then you then have to negotiate a ride with one of the baht bus guys - I'll probably not be spending that much more for this overall and getting dropped right at my hotel (even if it were just close I wouldn't care - I travel light).