Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

For sale Canon 350D DSLR and Lenses

I have a full Canon Digital 350D SLR package for sale.

The items included are:

Canon EOS 350D with EFS 18 - 55mm Lens (with Marlumi CIRCULAR.P.L 58mm Filter)

DSC01110_640x480.jpg

Canon EF-S 10-22 1:3.5 - 4.5 USM Ultra Wide Lens (with Conkin Cirular Pola 77mm Filter)

DSC01107_640x480.jpg

Canon EF-S 60mm F/2.8 Macro USM Lens

DSC01108_640x480.jpg

Canon Speedlite 430EX FLASH

DSC01109_640x480.jpg

Lowepro camera bag

DSC01112_640x480.jpg

DSC01113_640x480.jpg

Also included:

4 San Disk Ultra II, 1GB high speed CF cards

Manuals

Camera Cleaning Items

DSC01111_640x480.jpg

Total price 39,000 Baht.

I'm based in Pattaya so if interested PM me and we can meet.

39,000 baht or £780, Isn't this a little high for a 2nd hand camera,when you can get it on ebay for less than half that in the UK. Or, is this yet another thing that costs the earth in Thailand.

39,000 baht or £780, Isn't this a little high for a 2nd hand camera,when you can get it on ebay for less than half that in the UK. Or, is this yet another thing that costs the earth in Thailand.

There's almost 1k GBP (2nd hand) of kit offered, incl the camera (which is relatively cheap, compared to the extra USM lenses). Seems like a reasonable deal to me. :clueless

Edited by CheshireTom

the price is ok, good luck with the sale

BTW i enjoyed your tripreports in the past i suppose the pictures were made with this camera( if i'm not mistaking you with someone else).

Edited by aras

There's almost 1k GBP (2nd hand) of kit offered, incl the camera (which is relatively cheap, compared to the extra USM lenses). Seems like a reasonable deal to me. :clueless

There may well be a lot of money spent new but as for there being almost a 1kGBP value I dont think so.A quick look on ebay gives prices for second hand values in the UK

camera +18-55 lens £206

60 mm Macro lens £102

10-22 ldens £136

flash £94

thats £ 532 and a range of lowepro bags from £12 - £59 new,similar to the pic is about £30, you are still well under £ 600 in the UK market.I picked out the low prices on ebay now, not the prices you might get if you look for or wait for better prices later.so again I ask is this another article that is higher in Thailand,or is the seller looking for top dollar and a little bit more.

There may well be a lot of money spent new but as for there being almost a 1kGBP value I dont think so.A quick look on ebay gives prices for second hand values in the UK

camera +18-55 lens £206

60 mm Macro lens £102

10-22 ldens £136

flash £94

thats £ 532 and a range of lowepro bags from £12 - £59 new,similar to the pic is about £30, you are still well under £ 600 in the UK market.I picked out the low prices on ebay now, not the prices you might get if you look for or wait for better prices later.so again I ask is this another article that is higher in Thailand,or is the seller looking for top dollar and a little bit more.

LOL. If you thought I was irritating before ...

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Jack. eBay is an auction site, the prices you have quoted are the latest bids for items currently under offer. They are not the prices you pay. However, the site has a useful function to let you look at the actual prices the same, or similar, items have sold for in the recent past.

I particularly liked the description of your 136 quid, 10-22mm lens ....

Below are average "sold" prices on eBay UK for the quoted items over the last week.

350d plus basic lens - 175 quid

EF-S 10-22 USM lens - 464 quid

EF-S 60mm USM lens - 245 quid

Speedlite 430EX flash - 160 quid

Lowenpro bag + cards - 10 quid

So, there you go - over 1,000 quid.

You can offer the OP your apologies below or, get yourself some links or screen shots to show the selling prices you claim.

Edited by CheshireTom

I must bow to your better knowledge of e bay as I never knew you could look at the sold prices ,I still dont know how.I am still of the opinion that these bits can be bought at much less than the price asked ,and it matters little to me as I would not pay half that for any camera no matter how many lenses it had.

• Downvote 2

I must bow to your better knowledge of e bay as I never knew you could look at the sold prices ,I still dont know how.I am still of the opinion that these bits can be bought at much less than the price asked ,and it matters little to me as I would not pay half that for any camera no matter how many lenses it had.

That's nice to know. Now, what are you doing in this thread?

You've been proven to be conclusively wrong, and yet you're going on about the price...even though you have no interest in such a camera setup.

Do you think anyone cares what you would pay?

That's nice to know. Now, what are you doing in this thread?

You've been proven to be conclusively wrong, and yet you're going on about the price...even though you have no interest in such a camera setup.

Do you think anyone cares what you would pay?

I don't care what you or anyone thinks about how much I would or would not pay for this equipment.My question was " is this yet another thing that costs the earth in Thailand."

Cheshire tom started a pissing contest rather than answer the question ,I looked up prices and posted what I thought were the relevant details without even reading the text of those ads .I accept I may have been a little out on the end prices but I still don't see why you now want to join the pissing contest.My opinion of the prices may well make any prospective buyer think twice about paying the asking price without question,and that is what I intended .If you don't like it you can always do the other thing.

Edited by sinbinjack

Cheshire tom started a pissing contest rather than answer the question ,

CheshireTom didn't start a pissing contest. He posted an accurate reply to your stupid question and ludicrous claim.

You still owe the OP an apology for calling his integrity into question.

Edited by CheshireTom

I would also say it's a very reasonable deal, the 2 USM lenses and the Speedlite are probably worth what he is asking.

Lenses keep their value much more than camera bodies, especially decent lenses.

I would also say it's a very reasonable deal, the 2 USM lenses and the Speedlite are probably worth what he is asking.

Lenses keep their value much more than camera bodies, especially decent lenses.

Very much so. I sold my Canon a few years back and it was the lenses that made the money, not the camera. The deal the OP has offered is pretty good for a novice getting into Digital SLR photography. He can bin the camera at some point down the line but the USM lenses will still (potentially) give several years use.

A little info on the gear.

I bought the camera around 2005/2006 when I first came over to TQ2. I had intended to use it to photograph parties, events etc. But after a couple of parties I found myself using my pocket camera more and more. It's probably done less than 1500 exposures/activations

The wide angle and macro lenses has never been used. I originally bought them because I was intending at the time to buy an underwater housing but being in TQ2, I realised I wasn't going to be doing much diving.

The flash has been used for 2 parties so about 200 flashes.

During the last 3 - 4 years the camera, lenses and flash have been stored in the camera back pack.

Anyway the discussion is moot. As the items have now been sold.

What I've learnt is not to really on Sinbinjack on trying to find me a car as according to him a burnt out wreck on blocks is identical to one with low mileage that has been safely garaged.

Prices on ebay can get very high as there is a large audience wanting to buy that reaches into tens if not hundreds of million homes all around the world .this site whilst being very well read is only going to reach 10,000 or so and not all of them live in Pattaya so there is a very limited market for this camera and with limited markets come lower prices ,except it seems in Pattaya or Thailand in general,which is why I asked my question. I take on board some of the things said but I still don't understand why 2nd hand stuff is thought to be good value at these prices.

PS I do not apologise for having a different opinion from someone else.

PPS well done on selling the kit ,it seems there are some who do think it was a good price.

Prices on ebay can get very high as there is a large audience wanting to buy that reaches into tens if not hundreds of million homes all around the world .this site whilst being very well read is only going to reach 10,000 or so and not all of them live in Pattaya so there is a very limited market for this camera and with limited markets come lower prices ,except it seems in Pattaya or Thailand in general,which is why I asked my question. I take on board some of the things said but I still don't understand why 2nd hand stuff is thought to be good value at these prices.

Lenses, especially Canon and Nikon are very good at holding their value.

I once bought a Nikon lens from Hong Kong and a year later sold it on Ebay for more than I paid for it.

Prices on ebay can get very high as there is a large audience wanting to buy that reaches into tens if not hundreds of million homes all around the world .this site whilst being very well read is only going to reach 10,000 or so and not all of them live in Pattaya so there is a very limited market for this camera and with limited markets come lower prices ,except it seems in Pattaya or Thailand in general,which is why I asked my question.

I've had a good look at the T+Cs on eBay and I'm pretty sure you're allowed to advertise the same kit on both eBay and PattayaTalk simultaneously. I certainly can't find any rule against it. Kinda refutes the "limited market/lower price" theory.