Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Don't mind doing a connection but better flying direct . Booking up soon for Feb 2012 and Thai showing reasonable prices , however when I last used them in 2008 they still had no personal in flight entertainment.

Is that still the case as I cannot sleep flying and need to watch at least 2 or 3 films .

Any info greatly appreciated .

Still no IFE I think . It dont bother me as I sleep most of the way .

One day Villa me and you have a drink . Don't care if it Stringfellows or the Pook .

Up to you .

Take care and carry on going to Patts , as I will .

One day Villa me and you have a drink . Don't care if it Stringfellows or the Pook .

Up to you .

Take care and carry on going to Patts , as I will .

No pomplem matey . I do use normal bars most of the time you know :bhappy

yes theres no ife on lhr-bkk-hkt thai airlines, apart from the aussie flights, as the previous poster says

,i flew with them a month ago- the films are crap anyway,

the food was exellant tho, their very expensive and there are cheaper options , but not direct to bkk

the 747,s are very old now(like me) and everytime i fly on them i always get a really bad cold ,must be down to poor air filtration ?

checkout the arab flights as their planes are much newer- ive flown on them too in the past

andy

They are expensive....

My Cambodian girl friend is flying with them PNH - BKK - MEL on 10/12

she paid US$1250 one way.

I could have got the fare with Malaysia Airlines PNH - KUL - MEL

for AUS$850 one way, but she booked the bloody fare before I knew about it.

ah well at least I get to see her soon for the first time in just over a year.

Thai it seems are changing the aircraft on the LHR - BKK - LHR route between these dates

Thai are currently scheduled to change both their Heathrow flights to A340-600 as from the 16th January until 24th March 2012.

So you may be lucky

http://biztravelguru...-its-fleet.aspx

Here is the layout

http://www.thaiairwa...wnloads/346.pdf

and here is what it says

Individual video monitor and telephone

in all classes

Edited by glynbuk

Have you tried Emirates? Don't know if they fly from Pommie land but they are always great value from Aus, new planes, best IFE ive seen. Look on "Lastminute" or "Webjet" Cheers Ray.

PS. I will be there Feb, PM me if you would like to share a beer or to let me know how you got on with your flights, good luck.

Have you tried Emirates? Don't know if they fly from Pommie land but they are always great value from Aus, new planes, best IFE ive seen. Look on "Lastminute" or "Webjet" Cheers Ray.

PS. I will be there Feb, PM me if you would like to share a beer or to let me know how you got on with your flights, good luck.

Emirates fly out of most of the main uk airports but not direct flights .

Flights from BHX in feb under £600 at the moment with 3hr ish stopover in Dubai

Have you tried Emirates? Don't know if they fly from Pommie land

They fly to and from 6 different destinations in little old Pommie land....LHR/LGW/BHX/GLA/MAN and NCL.

Little old backwater OZ they believe only worthy of 4. :D

Thai Airways is still my fav airline. Some of the planes have IFE. They are upgrading their fleet and changing things about so you might get lucky and find yourself on a newer aircraft.

Im flying out on the 15th Feb returning on the 11th March, I am flying with EVA air out of Heathrow at a cost of £570. I have always found these good, and its a direct flight with IFE. Poshgooner & Rayman54 PM me if you fancy meeting up for a few beers, and if your around between these dates, would be nice to catch up with as many BM as possible.

Thai Airways is still my fav airline. Some of the planes have IFE. They are upgrading their fleet and changing things about so you might get lucky and find yourself on a newer aircraft.

One thing you can try is take a bog jumper over to Paris. The Thai flight from Paris CDG is a new 777 with IFE. It is also usually empty as they run that flight just to get back to BKK. You can stretch out usually with a row of seats to yourself if you don't like the films and sleep your way to BKK.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hi,

Liked flying with Thai from Heathrow. The flight from my home, was changed to Gatwick, instead of Heathrow, so not worth the hassle, now. I now fly to and from Man. Now find Qatar quite good.. Don't get the night flight from BKK, you have a 7 hour wait in the Middle East. From 0100Hrs to 0745Hrs. Not the best. The flight to gatwick leaves about 0200Hrs though.

I try only to use Thai and I believe it to be quite good. Direct flights, good food, all the drink that you care to ask for and a choice of God knows how much personal in-flight entertainment. Always worth paying a bit extra for however if your on enough flight alerts you are sure to hit a special at some stage. Having said that, NEVER intra Asia. The prices ex Bangkok are extortionate.