Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The NFL Play-offs

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just saw this very troubling story on the web:   It says that 15 (fifteen!!!) per cent of men said they would be willing to miss the birth of their child to attend the Super Bowl.That is a STUNNIN

Joe I am most offended by pseudo-sports experts who latch onto a flash-in-the-pan player and declare him to be (literally in Tebow's case) the second coming. There are so many great young players in

Posted Images

Take a look at the teams Tebow has beat:

To put it another way: Who beat Tebow?

Well, we've progressed quite a bit though, Vic. You have magically and personally converted your two-bit Tebow, not in any way qualified to be in the NFL, into a guy who personally beat six teams in a row, then personally lost the next two in a row. That's quite a conversion in just one thread.

Who did he beat? He beat the ONLY teams the NFL allowed him to beat. Who else could he beat, pray tell? Just like the only teams that have ever beaten Tebow were the ones on the Denver schedule, drawn up by the NFL last year. That's Tebow's fault now, the league schedule? Six teams too easy, two teams too tough? Now you're complaining the NFL isn't Goldilocks?

BTW, this was a Thursday night game. The Jets had lost to the rival Patriots 4 days earlier on Sunday night. Not making excuses, just saying.

Sure. Definitely. The Broncos never have to play on Sunday. Just saying.

Just saying how ridiculous that sounds, that is.

Edited by joekicker
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

. . . and the Bronco nose dive continues. :llaugh How bad is the AFC West? The Donkeys "lost" their way into the play-offs. Why couldn't they beat the Chiefs on Sunday? It's obvious - because their QB can't pass. Not a great game by Kyle Orton but sweet revenge vs the team that gave up on him. Looking forward to watching the Steelers defense embarrass Tebonehead in their play-off game next weekend.

Other play-off match ups:

Cincinnati at Houston

Atlanta at NY Giants

And the marquee match up, IMHO - Detroit at New Orleans. That should be a fun one. :thumbup

• Upvote 1

The Donkeys "lost" their way into the play-offs.

Oh dear, least you could do is get off your sour grapes long enough to get it right. The Raiders lost the Bronco's their way into the playoffs because T'bo won more than Carson, who btw is better than both QB's in your argument. ;)

Nobody wants to try the trivia?

I totally agree with the Buzzer that Tebow against Orton was Frick-and-Frack, Obama-Romney. Talk about tank jobs, 76,000 Coloradoans should be lined up for a refund. That was a game with the drama, tension and professionalism of a Texas execution. I watched Republican debates in December that were more competitive. At least the Republicans actually showed up for the event.

And Jeez, what a horrible last Sunday overall. Did ANY team look good? I could never understand this theory of dogging it because you don't "need" to win the game. I really believe in momentum and like that.

But anyway, yes -- yes, one team looked quite good on Sunday - the Patriots. Even they sat around for a while, watching the game, but then they went and won it, and very impressively. The Packers' second team was awesome, but they won't get on the field for the next game, so what the hey?

So far as Pittsburgh - if they play this Sunday like they played last Sunday, the Broncos will be going to the division. Luckily for Vic, they've got excuses all lined up - the sun got in their eyes, the field was slippery, they were tired after the New Year's Eve party, some guy got hurt and that has NEVER happened in US football before that a player got hurt ....

Here is the actual schedule, Pattaya time:

Sunday 0430: No. 6 Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) at No. 3 Houston Texans

Sunday 0800 No. 6 Detroit Lions (10-6) at No. 3 New Orleans Saints (13-3)

Monday 0100: No. 5 Atlanta Falcons (10-6) at No. 4 New York Giants (9-7)

0430: No. 5 Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) at No. 4 Denver Broncos (8-8)

Edited by joekicker

Well buzz, no sour grapes here but it does look like things are less bright for TT now that 10+ games of film is in the books on him.

It will take a major adjustment from today until this weekend's match-up for Denver to have a chance. Steelers are well coached

and have a defense that isn't known for blowing up or not taking advantage of opportunities. Many many things fell into place over

those first 8 games when Denver went 7-1 with TT as a starter. It's hard for things to continue to align so perfectly over the course

of a full season. I am not saying he won't play well, but it is clear he has a much more difficult turnaround now compared with three

weeks ago. It is a very tall order, even in Mile High Stadium.

Well buzz, no sour grapes here but it does look like things are less bright for TT now that 10+ games of film is in the books on him.

You kind of miss the point. No one ... I mean NO one thinks, let alone claims, that Tebow is a highly qualified, polished NFL quarterback with a great career in front of him. The only point is that he stepped into a situation where ALL the powers that be said he would never be, and he won. And a team widely expected to be 4-12 is in the playoffs.

Everyone including little kids and Tebow worshippers know he can't pass and he has to learn how to pass or he's doomed as an NFL quarterback because the triple option is never, let's repeat that NEVER going to win a Super Bowl. But Tebow IS a winner, so he's worth working with - that's the opinion of a LOT of football people and fans because of what has happened this season.

Tebow has done something the starting QB couldn't do, and that the team coaches and management said Tebow couldn't do. That's ALL he has done, but that's not a bad achievement in the NFL, to show that your coach and your high-profile player VP (a Super Bowl winner) were totally wrong for an entire year, and the fan base, those know-nothings who pay $175 for a cold end-zone seat were right.

Tebow was, roughly, the USA Olympic hockey team at Squaw Valley. He won. Nobody else won, AND all the "experts" said Tebow couldn't win and only tens of thousands of "little people" believed he could. They were right, the experts were wrong. Whether he'll go on to a big, bright future, who knows? But we all DO know what happened this past season.

It's kind of silly to point out that the USA hockey team was just a bunch of so-so riff-raff catch-all players not up to Canada-Russia pro-hockey standards AFTER they had the gold medals around their necks. It's kind of silly to point out Tebow is a loser when he's practising for next week's playoff game and Orton is at home and Elway is very, very, very quiet about his predictions about Tim Tebow.

I am not saying he won't play well,

Heh. It's pretty hard to say he didn't play well, eh?

Edited by joekicker
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh dear, least you could do is get off your sour grapes long enough to get it right. The Raiders lost the Bronco's their way into the playoffs because T'bo won more than Carson, who btw is better than both QB's in your argument. ;)

Looks like you've drunk the jk pedantic cool-aid. :rolleyes: Yes, it took an Oakland loss for the Broncos to make it into the play-offs. But you see, the Broncos also lost. I define that as "losing their way into the play-offs".

Everyone including little kids and Tebow worshippers know he can't pass and he has to learn how to pass or he's doomed as an NFL quarterback because the triple option is never, let's repeat that NEVER going to win a Super Bowl.

What's this? When confronted with over-whelming evidence jk admits the obvious? It only took 33 posts. That's really fast for you joe. :clap2

But Tebow IS a winner, so he's worth working with

:llaugh

Well, that didn't last long.

As a Chiefs fan I sincerely hope the Donkeys continue starting Tebow. Please, please, make him the cornerstone of your franchise. Follow jk's advice and "work with him". :thumbup

• Upvote 1

But you see, the Broncos also lost. I define that as "losing their way into the play-offs".

Vic, you ignorant slut. At least by my definition you could have said they lost their way in because the Raiders lost, which would carry some weight. But no, you need to keep fluffing up your stale marshmallow reasoning. :rolleyes:

So, by Vicanition, the Lions, Bengals and Texans all lost their way into the playoffs, because....wait for it....they lost their last game. Sour grapes Vic, s o u r grapes. :nod :party

The top 4 teams in the league get to stay home this next weekend as the number 5 and 6 teams play the wild cards. My 49ers are home for the next 2 weeks, and with one win will be in frozen Green Bay to put an end to QB Rogers season.

The top 4 teams in the league get to stay home this next weekend as the number 5 and 6 teams play the wild cards.

Kinda sorta, a little backwards. The 5 and 6 teams ARE the wild cards - the Pittsburgh Steelers, for example, and the brilliant Dalton -- they're wild cards because they couldn't actually win a division. The 3 and 4 teams, who the wild cards play, are what everyone but Vic calls "winners". Like the Giants, for example, and the horrible Tebow person, who has the gawdammed NERVE to say a prayer right in front of Vic, who is totally in favour of free speech except, you know, that kind of free speech that isn't worth the sweat off the kneecap of Madalyn Murray O'Hair and should be banned. Those were winners, not wild cards.

• Upvote 2

the biggest crime is that the Steelers have to go on the road to play the donkey's. The AFC west should have had to forfeit their automatic home playoff game.

Definitely, and they should have changed that other stupid rule where the Steelers lost those games, and the new rule should be as soon as the Steelers have a lead, the game's over, and if it goes 60 minutes and the Steelers never have the lead, they are awarded the win.

Getting your excuses ready, eh? Looks like it's going to be sunny in Denver, and that means sun gets in the Steelers' eyes, but not in the Broncos. Also, they're fixing the grass so it will only be slippery for Pittsburgh. Thin air, Steelers should never have to play at 5,000 feet, what's wrong with the NFL? Also, Pittsburgh has guys hurt, not like those Broncos cheats. Plus half the game will be before sundown, half after sundown, how unfair is THAT for the Steelers?

It's like they're fixing the game for the God lover!!

Just helping you out. Poor you, in that horrible lose-lose situation. If you win, big yawn, what did anybody expect? If you lose, big problem, loss of face and you'll need all those excuses.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Definitely, and they should have changed that other stupid rule where the Steelers lost those games, and the new rule should be as soon as the Steelers have a lead, the game's over, and if it goes 60 minutes and the Steelers never have the lead, they are awarded the win.

Getting your excuses ready, eh? Looks like it's going to be sunny in Denver, and that means sun gets in the Steelers' eyes, but not in the Broncos. Also, they're fixing the grass so it will only be slippery for Pittsburgh. Thin air, Steelers should never have to play at 5,000 feet, what's wrong with the NFL? Also, Pittsburgh has guys hurt, not like those Broncos cheats. Plus half the game will be before sundown, half after sundown, how unfair is THAT for the Steelers?

It's like they're fixing the game for the God lover!!

Just helping you out. Poor you, in that horrible lose-lose situation. If you win, big yawn, what did anybody expect? If you lose, big problem, loss of face and you'll need all those excuses.

You read me completely wrong. I live in KC, I used to go games in the late 80's that you could have shot a shotgun across the field to the other side of the stands and probably not hit anything. Then the King Carl arrived with his 5 year Superbowl plan. KC has not won a post season game since for ever. This year, the whole AFC west blew big LadyBoy dick. Denver didn't lose their way in, but the backed into it is more apt. If the Steelers where in the division the would have maybe had a bi but at least a home game. The Hunts in KC should sell the team and go back to Texas. Elway should go back to his car dealerships and we will give the Raiders a pass as Al Davis just pasted. Don't know about the Chargers as sometimes win games they should and lose games they shouldn't

I bet games where I think the spread is out of line. Been one of my best years. KC vs Greenbay was a great example, so was Denver vs KC in Denver. KC won those games and I only needed them to cover. Stayed away from games I didn't know about, such as the Steelers. As you mentioned they lost a lot of games for the division they played in. I stayed away from them but I will bet heavily on them if the line is 7 or less. I hope that a bunch of Tebow believers come out and give me those odds.

I don't care who Tebow thanks when he wins, and if he believes that his god gave him the game, what sins make him lose? I really don't care. Vic is right in the end. Tebow is just not a long term NFL QB. Now if Devner could get a real QB and keep Tebow when he was needed (read a new NFL direction) and you had two active QB's in one game, it might be interesting. If Denver hangs on to Tebow as their only option at QB, my guess is that they win 5-7 games next year.

BTW Joe, since you seem to know everything, what are your views on the KSU vs KU bball game 1/4/12? Now betting college ball is where they cull the boys from the men. You only seem to come in and comment after the fact and only to fuck with people.

How about we use Vegas odds, setup a 100,000 (baht, sterling, USD, what ever) per person game where you can bet what ever you want or nothing at all per game, run it up to the Super Bowl. All only for bragging rights, no real money. My guess is you will be a lot like Tebow, you may have a good run but we all know you aren't ready for the pros.

I never said His Tebowness doesn't have the right to express his belief in an imaginary man in the sky. Of course he does, and I have the right to point out how ridiculous and self serving it is. "Look at me America! I am one of 'you', and we are all part of a 'special club'. Isn't Jesus great!" Well Saint Timmy, if Jesus is so great, why did he let the Chiefs beat you? Does Jesus love the Chiefs more? :clueless

If Jesus was watching I'd like to say one thing to him, "Turn off the fuckin' game and get to work on poverty and hunger!" :soapbox: :flames:

I'd love to hear the ruckus Christians would raise if a Muslim got down and prayed on the field before a game. Christians would call him a terrorist or a communist . . . or both.

the Lions, Bengals and Texans all lost their way into the playoffs, because....wait for it....they lost their last game. Sour grapes Vic, s o u r grapes.

Here's a news flash for you Buzz: The Texans and Lions had already wrapped up their play-off spots before Sunday's games, so it didn't matter whether they won or lost. The Bengals situation however is similiar to Denver's. If someone hated the Bengals as much as I hate the Donkeys, then yes I would understand them saying the Bengals "lost their way" into the play-offs.

BTW my feelings are not "sour grapes" because I don't think my Chiefs deserved to be in the play-offs. IMHO none of the teams in the AFC West deserve to be there. Of course no one thought the Seahawks deserved to be in the play-offs last year, and they beat the Saints in the first round.

Edited by VicVegas

Kinda sorta, a little backwards. The 5 and 6 teams ARE the wild cards - the Pittsburgh Steelers, for example, and the brilliant Dalton -- they're wild cards because they couldn't actually win a division. The 3 and 4 teams, who the wild cards play, are what everyone but Vic calls "winners". Like the Giants, for example, and the horrible Tebow person, who has the gawdammed NERVE to say a prayer right in front of Vic, who is totally in favour of free speech except, you know, that kind of free speech that isn't worth the sweat off the kneecap of Madalyn Murray O'Hair and should be banned. Those were winners, not wild cards.

The top 4 teams in the league are New England and Baltimore in the AFC and Green Bay and San Francisco in the NFC. They have the 1st week off. The 5,6, 7. and 8 teams are the lower divisional winners in each conference, who play the wild card teams. During the 2nd week of the playoffs, the 4 winners of the wild card games play the 4 top teams in the league, who have the 1st week off.

The top 4 teams in the league are New England and Baltimore in the AFC and Green Bay and San Francisco in the NFC. They have the 1st week off. The 5,6, 7. and 8 teams are the lower divisional winners in each conference, who play the wild card teams. During the 2nd week of the playoffs, the 4 winners of the wild card games play the 4 top teams in the league, who have the 1st week off.

That's your exclusive method of counting. The accepted way and the official way is that the 1 and 2 teams are off, and the 3, 4, 5, 6 teams are playing. There are no 7 and 8 teams in that accepted way of counting. I understand what you think you said fine, but I'm not sure you should claim to have your own system when all the other people are doing it differently, and you're the only one around doing it ... um, right.

More good news for the Steelers lovers and Tebowhaters, though. They're just piling up the excuses for the black and gold guys:

(Assume high voice, limp wrist, waving!) Oh my God!! Big Ben says his ankie-poo is hurtsie more than last week, it's really hurt so much!! Rashard has a note from the doctor until... well, forever. If the NFL had any sensitivity at all, they would have this game next year. On a neutral field!

Also their defender is so sensitive he can't play above sea level, it's just so UNFAIR that they make the Steelers go to Denver!! Not only is the playing field not flat, it's not low!

And word is that the crowd at the game will be cheering for the Broncos by at least 5.75 people to 1!!! The NFL ought to step in and fly real football fans to see the game instead of letting in Boulder pansies who will be allowed to hurt the feelings of Steelers players with their girlie jeering of "IN COM PLETE" taunting if Ben's ankie is hurtsie so much he actually fails to complete one of his incredibly fabulous passes.

(Resume male voice and mannerisms.) Jeez, there are so many excuses now for Bennie OvertheHill, I may just have to take a look at the line and consider if the books have, um, over-"booked" this game. hmmmm 8 points, 35.5, hmmmmm. That 35.5 looks good to me.

I never said His Tebowness doesn't have the right to express his belief in an imaginary man in the sky.

Heh, you were waiting till today? I think most of us caught the drift a while back, Vic, really we did.

I'd love to hear the ruckus Christians would raise if a Muslim got down and prayed on the field before a game. Christians would call him a terrorist or a communist . . . or both.

I guess you missed the NBA ruck... er, non-ruckus, then of a few years ago. I would have thought you'd seen that even if you missed the dozens that happened elsewhere. That's the thing. They DON'T make the news. You religious fanatics make sure you only pick on high-profile Christians. I guess it's your marketing thing, but you people are worse than any Jehovah's Witness that tried to roust me at 7 a.m.

BTW Joe, since you seem to know everything, what are your views on the KSU vs KU bball game 1/4/12? Now betting college ball is where they cull the boys from the men. You only seem to come in and comment after the fact and only to fuck with people.

This shanker shop could use a college sports thread. You should start one. I might even drop by. Did you see where Vic's Tigers are fourteen and OH my god! If only this wasn't an NFL thread...

Edited by joekicker

So. The Great Dalton throws one TD pass for Cincinnati, one for Houston, goes home to watch the rest of it on TV.

The Saints yummy yummy The Saints go marching into San Francisco next week, and isn't THAT a lovely match-up.

Here's a news flash for you Buzz: The Texans and Lions had already wrapped up their play-off spots before Sunday's games, so it didn't matter whether they won or lost.

Lol. Stop waffling Vic. "But you see, the Broncos also lost. I define that as "losing their way into the play-offs". As defined by you, my examples stand.

Anyway, here's a newsflash for you Vic: The Bronco's won the seed because they won the tie-breaker. Won Vic, won. Check with Mr. Goodell, he'll explain the rules to you.

If someone hated the Bengals as much as I hate the Donkeys, then yes I would understand them saying the Bengals "lost their way" into the play-offs.

So have we gotten to that it's your personal opinion rather than fact? You could have said that before rather than being condescending. :rolleyes:

BTW my feelings are not "sour grapes" because I don't think my Chiefs deserved to be in the play-offs.

I never said they were. You've made it abundantly clear who soured your grapes in this thread.

Hope you didn't go to bed after that fabulous, important first-quarter report?

VicVegas won't be fit to type for a couple of weeks, I guess. Good thing I got the Excuse List for him.

continued —> after a 6-0 lead at Q1 end for Pitt, things became interesting.

pitt 'D' continued to stack against the run/short, leaving Denver receivers 1-on-1 vs. Pitt DBs.

John Fox ( adjusts and start to throw it downfield, and it works in a big way, TT on target and getting

rid of it safely when he needs to...TT uses his running skills in the red zone, too, scoring a 6 for denver

Very nice coaching and execution by the Broncs...

2 TD drives punctuated by long completions to WRs, and 2 more drives yield 6 more pts. via FGs.

Denver's "D" feed off the momentum of the offense and starts shutting down pitt.

to make things a bit tougher for pitt, they lose 2 defensive players and Ben R's bad

ankle gets rolled on, and he loses mobility; very tough for him to scramble and he

does not look nimble in the pocket...affects his throwing motion a bit too...

Denver 20, Pitt 6 at the half with Denver racking up 225 yards in the second quarter...

we shall see how (or if) Tomlin and crew can adjust; injuries mounting complicating things for them...

will update at end of Q3 (if I can)