Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

The NFL Play-offs

Ben R's bad

ankle gets rolled on, and he loses mobility; very tough for him to scramble and he

does not look nimble in the pocket...affects his throwing motion a bit too...

Yeah, poor guy. Statistic of the Day: Big Ben is the first player ever injured in the history of gridiron football!! What bad luck for the world's best defence, eh? Without the quarterback, how can they possibly play defence against Tebow?

If anyone reports cruelty to animals in the Rayong area this morning, specifically kicking dogs? That will be VicVegas.

Edited by joekicker
  • Downvote 1
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just saw this very troubling story on the web:   It says that 15 (fifteen!!!) per cent of men said they would be willing to miss the birth of their child to attend the Super Bowl.That is a STUNNIN

Joe I am most offended by pseudo-sports experts who latch onto a flash-in-the-pan player and declare him to be (literally in Tebow's case) the second coming. There are so many great young players in

Posted Images

One game to be settled, but next weekend's games are set. Pattaya times:

Sunday Jan 15 0430 New Orleans at San Francisco

Sunday 0800 Pittsburgh/Denver at Patriots

Monday Jan 16 0100 Houston at Baltimore

Monday 0430 Giants at Green Bay

• Downvote 1

Q2 in the books.

Pitt: nice drive to close within 20-13

Denver gets ball and drives down into the red zone is response.

Well-played by both; tooth and nail all the way.

Q4 starting. Will wrap at end of game.

Edited by The Mook
  • Upvote 1

Q2 in the books.

That's a typo. He means Q3.

Denver starts out Q4 with a field goal, two-score game again, 23-13 Bronos ahead.

EDIT. Pittsburgh gets a field goal, then a TD. Two minutes to go, score tied, the completely useless Tebow (only 286 yards so far today) has the ball, against the world's greatest defence.

EDIT: Steelers can't get it done. BigB fumbles. BigB sacked. Overtime.

EDIT One play, Tebow passes for a touchdown, Broncos win. Vic, leave that dog alone!!

Edited by joekicker

End of Q4; Let's play some more!

Pitt rallies throughout second half, tying score in 4th after turnover by Denver RB.

It's 23-23 at end of regulation. Starting OT presently. Will post when score is final.

It's 23-23 at end of regulation. Starting OT presently. Will post when score is final.

It's final. Tebow time! All he does is win.

• Downvote 1

No excuses from me. Credit where credit is due. It pains me to say it but Tebow played well, threw for over 300 yards, 2 tds, no INTs, and against a very good defense.

• Upvote 1

well, that didn't take long...Denver wins toss, completes 80 yard TD pass and the TT story continues for another week...game over

Denver 29 Pitt 23

And someones (rhymes with Tic Tegas) grapes soured just a bit more.....

Decent game, though I didn't give Pittsburgh much of a chance at the half. Oh well, on to next week.

Listening to Tebow's post game remarks. "First and foremost I have to thank my Lord and savior Jesus Christ."

While describing his thoughts after throwing the game-winning TD he thanked the Lord twice in 15 seconds.

Sounds like Jesus had a good game. :puke

• Upvote 1

While describing his thoughts after throwing the game-winning TD he thanked the Lord twice in 15 seconds.

Pretty darn common for many players of many different sports to thank "The Lord" Vic, and pretty sad of you to whine about it. :sosad

Pretty darn common for many players of many different sports to thank "The Lord" Vic, and pretty sad of you to whine about it. :sosad

Almost as sad as you whining about me saying the Broncos lost their way into the play-offs

But, the good lord willing, you and I will be blessed by our savior and be able to keep whining about stuff in the future. Amen. :wanker:

• Upvote 1

Aww, you define facts as whining, innit that cute. Seems Sam was right. :nod

No I define this as whining:

Oh dear, least you could do is get off your sour grapes long enough to get it right. The Raiders lost the Bronco's their way into the playoffs because T'bo won more than Carson, who btw is better than both QB's in your argument. ;)

But hey, they beat the Steelers, so maybe ending the season on a 3-game losing streak IS the way to go into the play-offs. :clueless I'm just praying that all-mighty Zeus blesses me with a whole week of Tebow Talk, with folks bending and scraping on their knees to the Lord our God His Tebowness.

As an atheist I don't know much about all this Christian-praying-before-during-and-after-sporting-events stuff, (or, as Joe so correctly points out, all the Muslim athletes who give thanks to Allah for their victories, which of course gets suppressed by the Liberal Media. Then again I can't recall ever hearing a Muslim QB give praise to Allah after winning a big game. :clueless Probably because if there ARE any Muslim QBs they keep it to themselves, unliike the "more vocal" Christians. But yeah Joe, I'm sure it happens all the time. :rolleyes: ). So, since I don't know much about praying, I'll simply quote the expert:

"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you." (Matthew 6:5-6)

Thank you Jesus and Baby Jesus!

:angel

• Upvote 2

Elway is desperately trying to work out a way for the Donkey's to trade up in the draft and get his Stanford brother Andrew Luck.

Still pretty sure about this? Basic problem: Tebow is a winner, Luck is a loser. That's a big problem when you're trying to sell tickets or your current brand of PR horsepoop. Do you really, truly (speaking as pseudo-expert of the week) think Elway would even have the guts to SUGGEST this?

Joe I am most offended by pseudo-sports experts who latch onto a flash-in-the-pan player and declare him to be (literally in Tebow's case) the second coming.

Does it offend you when sour-grapes pseudo-experts latch onto a player, declare him a total loser.... and he isn't?

You are right, IF the Broncos make the play-offs they might have to win a game to play the likes of Pittsburgh or Baltimore, so I'll change my Bronco failure dream to a more likely scenario: the worst division winning team (Denver) plays a wild card team (Cincinnati), and the Bengals defense, currently ranked 3rd in the NFL in total sacks, send the reverend Tebow to the Arena League where he belongs.

Dalton's at home for the rest of the winter, having thrown one TD pass for each team in the game he played. Tebow, who had to win a game against the likes of Pittsburgh, went out and won it -- and in doing it, only threw TDs for HIS team.

Take a look at the teams Tebow has beat:

Miami ... Raiders ... My Chiefs ... Jets... Chargers... Vikings... .Bears....

So there's the great Tebow winning streak. Yawn.

Oh. You forgot one. Pittsburgh. The one with the defence that ... how was it you phrased it again? Something about, oh right, the team that would send Tebow to the Arena League.

Talk about pseudo-experts!!!

Looking forward to watching the Steelers defense embarrass Tebonehead in their play-off game next weekend.

He didn't look embarrassed to me. How about you, embarrassed at all?

But you see, the Broncos also lost. I define that as "losing their way into the play-offs".

Yeah, well, the great Pittsburgh Steelers, no doubt that they have "lost their way into the home life" for six months. Enjoy the games from the comfort of your Lazy-Boys, world's greatest Tebow victims.

• Downvote 1

(or, as Joe so correctly points out, all the Muslim athletes who give thanks to Allah for their victories, which of course gets suppressed by the Liberal Media.

I'm actually, seriously, stunned that you don't instantly recall the highly publicised, front-page, non-suppressed, high-interest case that I'd expect any self-styled, self-described alleged non-pseudo sports expert to go, "Oh,yeah, right." At LEAST Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf aka Chris Jackson. At least that one. Even if you had had to google the details, it could have prevented offensiveness and the appearance of being fatuous.

• Downvote 1

Like I posted earlier, I give the guy credit after the win over Pittsburgh. I'm not hiding. I posted on this thread immediately after the game. I can take the heat.

Tebow played well against a very good defense and won. He's still a Donkey and I hate the Donkeys, and that's never gonna change. I also hated buck-toothed Elway, though I also admit he's one of the best QBs to ever play the game. I'm not gonna lie and start gushing all over the guy like you and the other Tebow apostles, but I admit he played much better than I expected.

I'd still take Dalton or Luck over Tebow. It's not even a decision worth a second thought.

Luck is a loser? That is a reckless statement. Time will prove that who is better, and I will confidently stick with Luck.

Will the Broncos stay with Tebow now? I think they obviously will. He was a huge part of a very impressive play-off win. He'll be the starter when the season starts next year.

BTW in his slightly less than 2 minute post game interview, Tebow referenced his faith 3 times. That's apprx once every 66 seconds. Praise Jesus. :flames:

Early predictions? Obviously I like the Pats over the Tebows. Houston got their first play-off win, and I think that's all they'll get, so it should be Ravens/Pats in the Championship game.

I don't think the 49ers D can stop the Saints O, and there's no way their offense can score enough points to keep up with the Saints juggernaut. The Giants should be humbled by the Packer Express, though it should be the best game of the weekend. Packers/Saints in a barn burner NFC finale.

• Upvote 1

Like I posted earlier, I give the guy credit after the win over Pittsburgh. I'm not hiding. I posted on this thread immediately after the game.

Sure you did. For those who don't recall all the credit you gave the guy:

I'm just praying that all-mighty Zeus blesses me with a whole week of Tebow Talk, with folks bending and scraping on their knees to the Lord our God His Tebowness.

Very gracious.

I was more interested in how much credit you gave yourself.

I'll this, though. That record OT pass saved your boy Willie McGahee. His fumbles nearly DID cost the Broncos the game. If the Steelers had won, McGahee would be looking at begging for a walk-on next year. Now he gets another chance.

Luck is a loser? That is a reckless statement.

Reckless? How so? Are you not the same VicVegas that described "losing (his) way into the playoffs?"

Earth to Vic: The Heismann Trophy awards ceremony is over. The result of Andrew Luck's last (bowl) game has been published. Have you not heard these last two results of his football career, and how they turned out? He lost both. Both!!

BTW in his slightly less than 2 minute post game interview, Tebow referenced his faith 3 times. That's apprx once every 66 seconds. Praise Jesus.

Why do you think his post-game interview lasted less than 2 minutes??? That's a pretty reckless statement. The one I saw and the one you can watch at about any football site right now is just a tad longer. I can assure you every TV station in the region of Colorado has played and re-played it.

But I have an idea. Instead of conducting your ridiculous and offensive missionary work here in a sports thread, why not, you know, start up a religion-and-politics thread, give us the evidence that Tebow is a phony or, as your comrade in your religion Bill Press demands: STFU about it? All you're doing is reinforcing every negative stereotype about aetheist missionaries, in spades.

Edited by joekicker
  • Downvote 1

No I define this as whining:

Like I said, you define facts as whining, seems Sam was right.

Move on Vic :rolleyes:

But I have an idea. Instead of conducting your ridiculous and offensive missionary work here in a sports thread, why not, you know, start up a religion-and-politics thread

Concur 100%.

Edited by brotherbuzz

If they play ten times the Steeler will win 7 times, Broncos 3 times... thats what most experts will say and it is reflected in the odds you get. They had a ca. 30% chance to win and they did but if Tebow would be the mighty "when it counts, he performs" guy, then he would have scored more then 3 points against the Chiefs last week.

If they play ten times the Steeler will win 7 times, Broncos 3 times...

And don't forget, the bad mean sun got in their eyes and the grass was slippypoo and the insensitive crowd cheered for the Broncos and.... and.... it wasn't COLD enough!!! Not to mention the horrible time-zone change, not even a MONTH to adapt to that.

You're embarrassing your entire gender. Big boys don't cry. Or whinge. Or justify. The game's over. Your guys lost. Your turn to suck it up this week. Deal with it like a man!

Earth to Vic: The Heismann Trophy awards ceremony is over. The result of Andrew Luck's last (bowl) game has been published. Have you not heard these last two results of his football career, and how they turned out? He lost both. Both!!

You know, I soft peddled this earlier by saying it was "reckless", but in fact calling Andrew Luck a "loser" is simply absurd, even ignorant. Andrew Luck holds almost every passing record at Stanford. He was a runner up for the Heisman 2 years-in-a-row (the Heisman Trophy is not a competition, it is an "award", so it's ridiculous to refer to the runner's up as "losers" :allright ) and led his team to 2 straight BCS Bowl games. They won the first one and, yes, they lost the most recent vs Oklahoma St. In that loss Luck was 27/31 for 347 yards and 2 TDs. He is not a loser.

And BTW, I have never said "Tebow is a loser" either. His team has lost games. He has played well in some of those loses and he has played poorly in some, but it's unfair, IMHO, to call him a loser. Calling an individual player a loser has a completely different meaning from simply saying, "His team lost a game."

No one who knows anything about college or NFL football is calling Andrew Luck a "loser". That statement pretty much ruins any credibility you had concerning football, Joe.

But I have an idea. Instead of conducting your ridiculous and offensive missionary work here in a sports thread, why not, you know, start up a religion-and-politics thread, give us the evidence that Tebow is a phony or, as your comrade in your religion Bill Press demands: STFU about it? All you're doing is reinforcing every negative stereotype about aetheist missionaries, in spades

As long as Tebow brings religion onto the field or into the post-game press conference he is making it a valid sports topic. IMHO Tebow is simply a walking, breathing commercial for Christianity. If a player interrupted his interviews every 66 seconds to promote his car dealership ("Come on down to Tebow Motors!") I would bitch about that too.

I will use your rude abbreviation Joe, and advise Reverend Tebow to "STFU" about his religion and stick to football.

Seems Sam was right

Not sure what this means, unless you are digging up a thread that has been dead for well over a year. The Broncos backed into the play-offs by losing 3 straight games. That's a fact. Perhaps you should move on. :hithead

Looking forward to another day of Tebow love on the sports talk radio wires today. Thank you Baby Jesus!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuAUI_0knfk

• Upvote 1

NFC has the potential "big games" this week and any other year everyone would be doing their shopping, snow-blowing and carpet inspections during the AFC games. Damn hard for anyone but pseudo sports fans to ignore the drama of the Teeb-Brady match though. Once again, Broncos will probably get the highest TV ratings. Anyway, by hook or crook, it's in the US Saturday night prime-time slot, the only prime time game again.

We're down to 8 teams. Any of them can win. I think Houston is pretty weak compared with the other 7, but lucky for us, none of the four games will be decided on paper (or forums). My take is that New Orleans-San Fran has the greatest potential to be game of the weekend - but that probably ensures a kiss-of-death blowout, heh. Giants are definitely peaking, just exactly right timing. Baltimore has been my own favourite since the first game/win against Pittsburgh, I can't seem them losing this weekend or next. NFC to me is total crap shoot, luck of the game.

Here's the schedule again, Pattaya time. Subtract 12 hours for US Eastern time, subtract 7 hours for London, etc etc

Sunday Jan 15 0430 New Orleans at San Francisco

Sunday 0800 Denver at Patriots

Monday Jan 16 0100 Houston at Baltimore

Monday 0430 Giants at Green Bay

Not sure what this means, unless you are digging up a thread that has been dead for well over a year. The Broncos backed into the play-offs by losing 3 straight games. That's a fact. Perhaps you should move on. :hithead

Lol. Means exactly what it means. The Bronco's won the seed regardless of your ignorance in the matter. It's why they have rules. Move on Sour Vic. :allright