Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The NFL Play-offs

Tebow seems to be the flavor of the month for the NFL, which comes and goes with the territory

I see him as a Bobby Douglas type QB, it won't take the NFL too long to catch on that his passing skills are not up to par

Not be surprised if Denver drafts another QB by round 3 of the NFL Draft 2012, as Elway wants to develop his style of a QB

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just saw this very troubling story on the web:   It says that 15 (fifteen!!!) per cent of men said they would be willing to miss the birth of their child to attend the Super Bowl.That is a STUNNIN

Joe I am most offended by pseudo-sports experts who latch onto a flash-in-the-pan player and declare him to be (literally in Tebow's case) the second coming. There are so many great young players in

Posted Images

Not be surprised if Denver drafts another QB by round 3 of the NFL Draft 2012, as Elway wants to develop his style of a QB

You mean like the way Elway refused to start Tebow this past season because he wasn't "his style of QB"?

Want to bet? As I said strongly before, Elway doesn't have the guts. Time will tell, but I'd bet on this one, it's such a sure thing.

Edited by joekicker

Who do you hate now, Vic?

In a disgustingly sappy e-mail, supermodel Gisele Bundchen implored friends and family yesterday to pray hard for her pretty-boy hubby to win Sunday’s Super Bowl against the Giants.

"I feel Tommy really needs our prayer, our support and love at this time," Bundchen wrote in the message sent out to Brady-clan insiders.

You mean like the way Elway refused to start Tebow this past season because he wasn't "his style of QB"?

Want to bet? As I said strongly before, Elway doesn't have the guts. Time will tell, but I'd bet on this one, it's such a sure thing.

Who is backup to "Teblow"....?

Is his style going to keep working...?

Think before you dare to wager

http://espn.go.com/b...hill-over-tebow

http://bleacherrepor...-push-tim-tebow

http://bleacherrepor...-edition/page/5

Edited by Greg_B

Think before you dare to wager

I did. I also wrote it down at length, several times in several ways. My thoughts are public record now right up ^^^ there from when I went through this with the equally crazed VicVegas.

How about you? Do you have a shred of actual, you know, evidence that Elway has the spine to even TRY to defy the owner, 90 per cent of the media and the fans, plus the players and go his own way on this? Any evidence at all?

Like I say: With two choices to replace the sainted and heavily Elway-baked Randy Orton, Elway didn't have enough backbone to use Quinn, who he had *told* the media and the fans was the second best quarterback after Orton. But even then he couldn't bring himself to go against the grain and bring in Quinn and simply leave Tebow where he was sitting, on the bench. What makes you "think" (to use your word) that Elway (or Fox) has changed so dramatically since he cravenly backed the cowardly decision to use Tebow in the first place - and now Tebow has actually won games?

Think, man, and tell us about it.

EDIT. Oh, one other thing to "think" about. Denver is a weak team, and getting weaker (Champ Bailey, Brian Dawkins....). They need a lot of people at a lot of positions. If they draft QBs, where will they then get those people? Think.

Edited by joekicker
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I did. I also wrote it down at length, several times in several ways. My thoughts are public record now right up ^^^ there from when I went through this with the equally crazed VicVegas.

How about you? Do you have a shred of actual, you know, evidence that Elway has the spine to even TRY to defy the owner, 90 per cent of the media and the fans, plus the players and go his own way on this? Any evidence at all?

Like I say: With two choices to replace the sainted and heavily Elway-baked Randy Orton, Elway didn't have enough backbone to use Quinn, who he had *told* the media and the fans was the second best quarterback after Orton. But even then he couldn't bring himself to go against the grain and bring in Quinn and simply leave Tebow where he was sitting, on the bench. What makes you "think" (to use your word) that Elway (or Fox) has changed so dramatically since he cravenly backed the cowardly decision to use Tebow in the first place - and now Tebow has actually won games?

Think, man, and tell us about it.

EDIT. Oh, one other thing to "think" about. Denver is a weak team, and getting weaker (Champ Bailey, Brian Dawkins....). They need a lot of people at a lot of positions. If they draft QBs, where will they then get those people? Think.

It's called Free Agency, is another way to build a team with veterans

Brady Quinn, is probably gone, just hasn't worked out and Denver needs to get a QB of the future

Tebow is not the future, not a passer, just a runner

April 26 is draft day, March 13 is Free Agency start, we will see

Kyle Orton has a good record as a starter, he did well in Chicago before getting traded

BTW... Randy Orton is a WWE superstar, you been watching a little too much of that...? :teeth:

Edited by Greg_B

BTW... Randy Orton is a WWE superstar, you been watching a little too much of that...?

Also, he's not baked.

Don't want to bet, eh? Don't want to take the side that explains how Elway is a strong, independent Broncos leader who will buck the tide and take a gamble in order to build the team HE wants?

Good choice Greg, by far your best option here. Very VERY lonely on that side of the bet.

Here's a couple of items from people sitting in Denver in the last couple of days, paid to know stuff about the Broncos 24/7/365.

Overall, though, if the Broncos stick to the plan Elway has laid out for the future, the draft will be the team's emphasis in building the roster. It would be unexpected if they dived into the top tier of free agency, especially given the up-front cash that would require.

That is because the Broncos are committed to about $101 million out an expected cap around $120 million. $20 million can get you some talent, don't get me wrong, but the Broncos won't be picking up many, if any, top free agents. That includes Peyton for sure

And, different guy, same newspaper (in Denver, for Colorado, not feeding fantasies of Tebow-haters who are far away from the scene)

On the Broncos side, based on what I know, they'll give Tebow every chance to prove himself all season. If it doesn't work, they'll head off to a new frontier in 2013. Despite what many think, they got to the playoffs this year because of Tebow, and because Fox was willing to change the offense in mid-ocean. If Orton had been the quarterback all year, they'd have gone 4-12.... If Tebow fails, Elway will draft a quarterback high in 2013...

The good Lord and a lot of better-off people know I've been wrong once or twice in my life. But this is as close to a lock as a prediction can get. And you know it too, and you won't bet.

Edited by joekicker
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Also, he's not baked.

Don't want to bet, eh? Don't want to take the side that explains how Elway is a strong, independent Broncos leader who will buck the tide and take a gamble in order to build the team HE wants?

Good choice Greg, by far your best option here. Very VERY lonely on that side of the bet.

Here's a couple of items from people sitting in Denver in the last couple of days, paid to know stuff about the Broncos 24/7/365.

Overall, though, if the Broncos stick to the plan Elway has laid out for the future, the draft will be the team's emphasis in building the roster. It would be unexpected if they dived into the top tier of free agency, especially given the up-front cash that would require.

That is because the Broncos are committed to about $101 million out an expected cap around $120 million. $20 million can get you some talent, don't get me wrong, but the Broncos won't be picking up many, if any, top free agents. That includes Peyton for sure

And, different guy, same newspaper (in Denver, for Colorado, not feeding fantasies of Tebow-haters who are far away from the scene)

On the Broncos side, based on what I know, they'll give Tebow every chance to prove himself all season. If it doesn't work, they'll head off to a new frontier in 2013. Despite what many think, they got to the playoffs this year because of Tebow, and because Fox was willing to change the offense in mid-ocean. If Orton had been the quarterback all year, they'd have gone 4-12.... If Tebow fails, Elway will draft a quarterback high in 2013...

The good Lord and a lot of better-off people know I've been wrong once or twice in my life. But this is as close to a lock as a prediction can get. And you know it too, and you won't bet.

Confused on why you have to bet, many different opinions on Teblow, is not such a sure thing

He is not the 2nd coming of JC into the NFL, so many people jumping on his bandwagon, but not looking at his type of college game

Elway took over in Jan 2011, he inherited Kyle Orton and Teblow, he never drafted or traded for them

No good backup, no direction in the QB, look for him to make "his" move, not stay put

So where is he on the final stat list for QB ratings...? (28 out of 34)

Dead last in completion percentage :llaugh

http://espn.go.com/n...ng/seasontype/2

The Broncos finished 8-8, same as the Raiders and Chargers. They won their first division title since 2005 on a tiebreaker, going 6-6 against common opponents while the others went 5-7. In other words, they "backed" into the playoffs, since Teblow had a 6-22 game passing and lost 7-3 to KC

Surprised a Steeler team in the 1st round, but took an ass whipping from NE (back to normal)

But as always, when the facts slap you in the face, you start to talk more and more bullshit, don't you...?

Edited by Greg_B

But as always, when the facts slap you in the face, you start to talk more and more bullshit, don't you...?

For a guy who won't take a real, actual bet you don't even talk a good game. Bloviate, Greg, bloviate. You are exactly like those people who give the winning numbers on the lottery. Never heard of THEM winning, either.

Or you're like the Giants. talking big before the results are in. This is the Giants website Saturday night US time, big, big talk, fingers furiously flapping. Do you actually, really think you can predict the future? Then take the bet. Go on the record. Grow a pair and maybe in a few months you'll be somebody, able to brag about how you knew all along.

gregsfolly.jpg

Ok, what kind of bet are you looking for...?

Now about the grow a pair statement

Joe, you are a fucking asshole, when someone disagrees with you

Is best you just Fuck Off...

Edited by Greg_B

Ok, what kind of bet are you looking for...?

The one I proposed ^^^^ up there. Start with "I bet Elway drafts a high-profile QB to replace Tebow" if you want - that's the one Vic also claimed but then stepped away from. But hey! It's your bet to make or refuse, I don't speak for you, for sure. You originally put it this way:

By all means phrase it your own way, in your own interest and let's get it on. Important bragging rights are at stake and you seem intensely, personally emotional about it all -- the very BEST time to commit to a prediction that by April or May will show you are the one, true, actual, real, unrivalled expert on this entire forum.

Here's MY bet. Note that it's not based on statistics and it doesn't involve any prediction about how Tebow will perform, because Tebow is just a player and as fungible as, well, Brady Quinn. Or Peyton Manning. The Broncos will "use" him - literally - just like every team uses every player. (Did you notice the Yankees were going to trade Posada ferpetsake?) Stats mean nothing, literally NOTHING about how a team uses its chattel.

My bet, which you refuse to consider and go all spittle-happy about, is that there are huge, over-riding reasons the *former* football person, now empty suit, Elway won't do a single, solitary thing to rock his comfortable boat because he hasn't got the guts. Bottom line: Tebow is the Broncos QB for the year, the Broncos won't touch the QB position, but they WILL draft and sign at some of the 32 other positions in order to build - ten on offence, 11 on defence and 11 on ST.

They'll do that because it's good business for a very ordinary team with ambitions to get better and because "team building" is a proven method -- and the Broncos were sensational at it in their first post-Josh year. They'll do it because the fans want (i.e. economically support***) it. But at the bottom line they'll do it because the very, very personally and economically desperate Elway hasn't got the guts or brains to do it any other way. That's my bet.

***The Broncos are going back to orange jerseys. That means everyone in Colorado and some neighbouring states has to change his team gear this year. The streets of Denver and Rifle and Vail and Canon City already are changing from blue people to orange ones. If you think that doesn't affect the personnel decisions, then I guess you've not been to Colorado or followed the Broncos too much.

Question: Why do you think Tebow played at all in 2011? Why do you think Orton was benched? Why do you think Quinn never got a snap? Why didn't Elway... how did you put it..... oh yeah, why didn't Elway "develop his style of a QB" for even one MINUTE of 2011 and 36 days of 2012 and counting? Not one MINUTE did he do it, why not?

There is one answer. It's my bet about what will happen in the future, too. You think I'm wrong, and you're right. What's your bet, then? Come on, step up, this is really, really important stuff!

• Downvote 1

Joe

Once again on this board you have dominated and closed a thread (Not many will respond)

You seem intent on betting, I made a predication or opinion from being an avid NFL fan for 40+ yrs

I guess being an asshole is fun for you or is just second nature

The thread was wrecked long ago by evangelical BS from the other religious people, you just didn't get here soon enough to help them wreck it. But anyhow. Guess you don't want to bet, Greg? No problem. You just don't believe in your own prognostication, not many people do. I usually don't myself. But in *this* case I absolutely do.

NFL.com and NBCSports.com (in two hours, midnight Pattaya) have all kinds of pre-game stuff.

I wasn't all that impressed by the game. It was very professional (mostly), very cool, very business-like. It DID come down to the last minutes so it left good memories of fair excitement. But really, 50 so-so spectator minutes watching every good plays by both teams, mostly sitting on hands.

Good for Eli and the Giants to pull it out yet again. When it the rubber met the road and it came down to the nitty-gritty, they got it done and the Brady Bunch didn't. One spectacular catch on a very good throw - nothing else to remember, really, except the guy who tried to stop and accidentally fell into the end zone to score, too early. THAT was funny.

• Downvote 1

I thought it was a very good game to watch. At no point was it clear which team would win, until the last 9 seconds or so...could have gone either way.

A good finish to the season.

Madonna was okay too.

Joe, maybe you should recommend Randy Orton to be drafted. He is an athlete and maybe he can even throw a football.

As far as the big game, I had to rely on the play by play on the Internet. Going by that, I thought the Giants simply out played Brady's bunch.

New England by about three. I say "about" because, first, the books are about evenly split between 2-1/2 and 3-1/2 as I write, and second, there is a LOT of money suddenly coming in on New York for those odds. Looks like it's going to settle right about even on the totes at least.

Guess this was a rare wrong time again for Joe

See I took this bet at work, Giants +3, was a money maker

I thought it was a very good game to watch. At no point was it clear which team would win, until the last 9 seconds or so...could have gone either way.

A good finish to the season.

Yeah, but not memorable. Here's what I remember a few hours later: A great catch without a TD for the Giants. Three dropped balls by multi-millionaires for the Patriots. Eli and Brady proving they are top of the top-drawer (no surprise). And the worst call in football this season, the decision by the Giants not to rush Brady and giving him a TD at the end of the first half.

That was more than enough to get me through the game, start to finish, and to keep me totally rivited. I bet in a month I won't remember anything about this game though. So I agree entirely with you - good to watch without doubt. Nothing lasting to remember.

See I took this bet at work, Giants +3, was a money maker

Good for you. You should have tipped us to this BEFORE the game instead of waiting until it was all over to brag about your prediction.

Are you saying the U.S. books, coast to coast, did NOT have the Patriots as favourites? Are you making that claim? It seems you are, since as usual you don't want to talk about the game but just make personal posts. So are you claiming my post was wrong? Is that your claim?

Well Joe, the Giants "Big Big" talk was just confidence on their part. You were apparently amused with the prediction. Sometimes the bluster becomes true. I seem to remember another Joe who predicted a Superbowl win in advance. The Jets shocked everyone. LOL! This is what makes it fun.

Giants

1. Lack of running game (Pats)

2. O-Line issues (Pats)

3. Defense Issues (Pats)

10 point win (Giants)

Seems Joe Shithead needs to read more of the posts, I was a little high on point spread, but on target with winner and my bet (asshole)

Good for you. You should have tipped us to this BEFORE the game instead of waiting until it was all over to brag about your prediction.

Are you saying the U.S. books, coast to coast, did NOT have the Patriots as favourites? Are you making that claim? It seems you are, since as usual you don't want to talk about the game but just make personal posts. So are you claiming my post was wrong? Is that your claim?

WTF, you this fucking stupid, I showed you I favored the Giants, BEFORE the game was played, made a bet

Are you saying...always put words into anothers post/mouth is so fucking stupid, but expected of you

You start personal attacks time after time, is about time to give you a dose of your own medicine

Edited by Greg_B

Well Joe, the Giants "Big Big" talk was just confidence on their part. You were apparently amused with the prediction. Sometimes the bluster becomes true. I seem to remember another Joe who predicted a Superbowl win in advance. The Jets shocked everyone. LOL! This is what makes it fun.

To be technical: The Giants never talked big, not at all. Some dweeb who runs their website accidentally put up a page to test it - and it was quickly taken down. It was a total accident, not planned and not in any manner "talking big". Yeah, I was amused - that's just me letting out my inner geek.

There was no way this game result could be properly predicted - not from the stats, not from the performance, not after one quarter or two quarters or three quarters or not after 55 minutes. This was a "wait it out" and wait for the fat lady, all the way. Even a three-point spread was quite a lot, I thought - and of course the bookies were wrong about that. Predicting that game was nothing more than a gut-feeling at best, from two weeks ago until the last Hail Mary on Monday morning. Anybody who says "I knew all the time" is a liar. I've been looking and I can't find one person who predicted how this game would proceed. Just under half the people picked the winner at their bookies, which is the way the books like it. But if anyone laid out the game plan and details beforehand, I sure didn't see it. "The Giants will win because Welker and Branch will drop passes in the last few minutes." Yeah, sure everyone knew that, right? heh

I'm not sure you can compare it with Joltin' Joe, though. That was a FUN thing. That was a game where one team was a very heavy favourite and the underdog came through. That didn't happen in this year's Super Bowl. There was no underdog, and there was absolutely no trash-talking. That's a shame, in my view.

WTF, you this fucking stupid, I showed you I favored the Giants, BEFORE the game was played, made a bet

Are you saying the U.S. books did NOT favour the Patriots?

Edited by joekicker

Read what you wrote...? :clueless

I showed you I was in favor of the Giants, who us talking about US bookmakers

Once again, change the subject when you run that big mouth of yours

Edited by Greg_B

Read what you wrote...?

Fair enough. But you seem to be handling that part okay. I was reading what YOU wrote, when you wrote:

Guess this was a rare wrong time again for Joe

I am trying to figure out the "wrong" part here in what you wrote. Are you saying the U.S. books did NOT favour the Patriots?