Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The NFL Play-offs

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just saw this very troubling story on the web:   It says that 15 (fifteen!!!) per cent of men said they would be willing to miss the birth of their child to attend the Super Bowl.That is a STUNNIN

Joe I am most offended by pseudo-sports experts who latch onto a flash-in-the-pan player and declare him to be (literally in Tebow's case) the second coming. There are so many great young players in

Posted Images

I just saw this very troubling story on the web:

It says that 15 (fifteen!!!) per cent of men said they would be willing to miss the birth of their child to attend the Super Bowl.That is a STUNNING statement. That is very troubling and worrisome. Can you imagine? That's incredible!! Eighty-five per cent of American men are so pussy-whipped they are afraid to tell the truth!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Sorry, I haven't checked the thread in a while. Looks like I didn't miss much. Greg picked the winning team in the Super Bowl, and Joe made a bunch of posts putting him down for being right. Hmmmm, sounds familiar. :clueless

What's funny is JK absolutely guaranteeing that Denver will not draft a QB. Greg is 100% right about Brady Quinn being on the way out. So who's gonna be Tebow's back-up? :clueless Yet Joe absolutely promises Donkey-Boy (Elway) wouldn't dare draft a QB. :rolleyes: I hope JK gets a job in the Bronco front office soon. That would pretty much seal their fate for next season.

That was a game where one team was a very heavy favourite and the underdog came through. That didn't happen in this year's Super Bowl. There was no underdog, and there was absolutely no trash-talking. That's a shame, in my view.

More evidence of JK's vast football knowledge. :rolleyes: The Giants were most certainly an underdog. They had the worst record of all the teams who made the NFC play-offs, and the Patriots had the best record in the AFC. Sounds like favorite vs underdog to me.

I bet the Giants (+3 points) and won 500 baht, :clap2 though I'm sure JK and buzz will come along now and explain how I actually didn't win. :wanker:

Congrats to The Mook, Your team played well. Eli is a stud and now has one more ring than his brother. :thumbup

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What's funny is JK absolutely guaranteeing that Denver will not draft a QB.

You should learn this quote thingmy on the forum, Vic. Then you would (or would not, in this case) make yourself look quite silly by making up xhit that no one said. What you remember and what actually happened seem to be two different things. In any case, you are wrong.

Or, you know, come up with the quote that proves you're right.

More evidence of JK's vast football knowledge. The Giants were most certainly an underdog.

Okay, eff this.

Vic, you are a liar. You are a lying liar writing lies. I specifically stated and wrote and documented that the Patriots were favoured. It was a matter of fact, and not a shred of my opinion was involved, and you are not just a liar, you are shooting the messenger as well. Those posts of mine about favourities and the odds are in this thread. I was very specific about it. I challenged your wingman on it, when he implied after the game that I got the odds backwards, and of course he didn't answer -- four times -- and I personally think he hasn't the guts to either explain what he meant or to just back off the implication. That's him, not you, though. You are a liar.

So. Will YOU have the guts to show him up, grow a small pair and back off this lie you just wrote?

Like I said way, way ^^^ up there, Vic, you ruined this thread almost from the start. And here you go again - just personal attack xhit without a single sentence that discusses the game. Not one.

EDIT:

Actually, on second thought, I will concede there's a possibility that your English problems are at the root of this. I've commented on that before. If so, I may have to concede you didn't actually lie on purpose, but simply got mixed up about language, didn't understand. Let me know, okay? AFTER you've read my posts (plural) on the odds, that is.

Edited by joekicker
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Vic: Thanks.

It's a very well run organization. They're not cheap, and they tend to spend wisely.

Mistakes have happened but they've learned form them. But I think the real key is

patience. They don't panic when times get tough. Some owners may have ended

Coughlin's era a year or two ago. After all, the only time they won a playoff game

with him as head coach was when they won it all in the '07 season. But the Mara's

and now Tisch really take a long term view and this helps a lot. It also helps that Manning

is running an offense with the same OC for 5 years. Gilbride was also the QB coach the

3 years prior. [Eli was drafted in '04.] I think this kind of continuity breeds success. It isn't

foolproof but stability is more often than not a positive sign.

Edited by The Mook

I bet the Giants (+3 points) and won 500 baht, :clap2 though I'm sure JK and buzz will come along now and explain how I actually didn't win. :wanker:

Unless you're lying it seems logical that you won that bet. :rolleyes:

Buy yourself some class with it...... :thumbup

Joe, there's no point quoting you, though I did it in the previous post. You'd just start tap dancing and spinning trivial pablum, as you always do. "I posted THIS, but now I'm going to show you how I didn't really mean THIS. Aren't I clever?" 99% of your posts are nothing more than keyboard masturbation. :wanker:

I'm not the type who gets personal, so I'm not going to lower myself to your level by saying you are a lair, but the facts are obvious:

-You said there was no underdog in this Super Bowl.

-The Giants were an underdog.

Facts Joe. They are things you should become more familiar with.

But wait, let me take a stab at how you will respond to that:

"I never 'said' anything. I posted it on an internet forum. I typed it into cyberspace, which of course is no where near the same thing as 'saying' something. 'I' also didn't say anything. It was an internet persona named 'joekicker' who typed (not posted or said) those things. I am not this joekicker fellow. He doesn't exist in reality, at least not the reality you and I know of. I don't even know if there really is any 'you' or 'we'. You're a lair because none of these so-called 'entities' actually exist. There, look at how I have filled up another post with so many deep ideas which help me cleverly dance around the fact that I am an idiotic douchebag."

Of course, I didn't actually call you "an idiotic douchebag". That was just me quoting you, so in the "jk world" it's not the same. I'm absolutely, positively, no-way-it-can-be-otherwise, 100% sure of that. :rolleyes:

You also said Elway will not draft a quarterback. Most people who know anything about the NFL can look at Denver's quarterback situation and see that they need another quarterback. They might draft one, or as Greg pointed out they might sign a free agent. What's so funny (and I mean funny as in "laughing AT you") is when you make your sweeping, absolute statements about how there's no way Elway will draft a quarterback because management and the fans or Tebow's mom won't stand for it. That is funny, and that deserves to be laughed at, as do you.

:llaugh

• Upvote 2

Denver has Teblow and another QB signed to a futures contract

Brady Quinn is a free agent, they don't expect him to return

So according to "Mr NFL JK", this is acceptable, no need to draft another...? :clueless

His implications are leading me to think this

Yes, JK, I did say on 01 Feb the Giants were my choice for winning, I did bet it

Is not a dispute, just get so fucking tired of your ways on this forum (total asshole)

Edited by Greg_B
  • 1 month later...

Here's a couple of items from people sitting in Denver in the last couple of days, paid to know stuff about the Broncos 24/7/365.

Overall, though, if the Broncos stick to the plan Elway has laid out for the future, the draft will be the team's emphasis in building the roster. It would be unexpected if they dived into the top tier of free agency, especially given the up-front cash that would require.

That is because the Broncos are committed to about $101 million out an expected cap around $120 million. $20 million can get you some talent, don't get me wrong, but the Broncos won't be picking up many, if any, top free agents. That includes Peyton for sure

And, different guy, same newspaper (in Denver, for Colorado, not feeding fantasies of Tebow-haters who are far away from the scene)

On the Broncos side, based on what I know, they'll give Tebow every chance to prove himself all season. If it doesn't work, they'll head off to a new frontier in 2013. Despite what many think, they got to the playoffs this year because of Tebow, and because Fox was willing to change the offense in mid-ocean. If Orton had been the quarterback all year, they'd have gone 4-12.... If Tebow fails, Elway will draft a quarterback high in 2013...

The good Lord and a lot of better-off people know I've been wrong once or twice in my life. But this is as close to a lock as a prediction can get. And you know it too, and you won't bet.

Too bad Joe-it-all has gone into hiding, because the Broncos appear to be on the verge of signing the biggest free agent in NFL history - Peyton Manning.

http://espn.go.com/n...im-tebow-traded

As for Tebownhead, may the good lord have mercy upon him. :angel

Of course I'm a Chiefs fan so I don't like the idea of Manning going to the Donkeys :angry: , but I love Joe being so so wrong :lol: .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The one I proposed ^^^^ up there. Start with "I bet Elway drafts a high-profile QB to replace Tebow" if you want - that's the one Vic also claimed but then stepped away from. But hey! It's your bet to make or refuse, I don't speak for you, for sure. You originally put it this way:

By all means phrase it your own way, in your own interest and let's get it on. Important bragging rights are at stake and you seem intensely, personally emotional about it all -- the very BEST time to commit to a prediction that by April or May will show you are the one, true, actual, real, unrivalled expert on this entire forum.

Here's MY bet. Note that it's not based on statistics and it doesn't involve any prediction about how Tebow will perform, because Tebow is just a player and as fungible as, well, Brady Quinn. Or Peyton Manning. The Broncos will "use" him - literally - just like every team uses every player. (Did you notice the Yankees were going to trade Posada ferpetsake?) Stats mean nothing, literally NOTHING about how a team uses its chattel.

My bet, which you refuse to consider and go all spittle-happy about, is that there are huge, over-riding reasons the *former* football person, now empty suit, Elway won't do a single, solitary thing to rock his comfortable boat because he hasn't got the guts. Bottom line: Tebow is the Broncos QB for the year, the Broncos won't touch the QB position, but they WILL draft and sign at some of the 32 other positions in order to build - ten on offence, 11 on defence and 11 on ST.

They'll do that because it's good business for a very ordinary team with ambitions to get better and because "team building" is a proven method -- and the Broncos were sensational at it in their first post-Josh year. They'll do it because the fans want (i.e. economically support***) it. But at the bottom line they'll do it because the very, very personally and economically desperate Elway hasn't got the guts or brains to do it any other way. That's my bet.

***The Broncos are going back to orange jerseys. That means everyone in Colorado and some neighbouring states has to change his team gear this year. The streets of Denver and Rifle and Vail and Canon City already are changing from blue people to orange ones. If you think that doesn't affect the personnel decisions, then I guess you've not been to Colorado or followed the Broncos too much.

Question: Why do you think Tebow played at all in 2011? Why do you think Orton was benched? Why do you think Quinn never got a snap? Why didn't Elway... how did you put it..... oh yeah, why didn't Elway "develop his style of a QB" for even one MINUTE of 2011 and 36 days of 2012 and counting? Not one MINUTE did he do it, why not?

There is one answer. It's my bet about what will happen in the future, too. You think I'm wrong, and you're right. What's your bet, then? Come on, step up, this is really, really important stuff!

Is funny to see an "avid" NFL fan be so wrong, but it is what it is, Teblow will not be in Denver much longer, :llaugh

The Broncos know Tebow better than anybody, and by trading him to the Jets they have as much as announced to the league, "This guy has zero value as a quarterback." Elway and Fox couldn't wait to dump him. They didn't want to deal with the distractions Tebow causes, even as Manning's back-up.

Should be interesting to see how the Tebow Tent Revival Show plays in the Big Apple. That Jets locker room is already a circus.

Edited by VicVegas
  • 1 month later...

Tebow seems to be the flavor of the month for the NFL, which comes and goes with the territory

I see him as a Bobby Douglas type QB, it won't take the NFL too long to catch on that his passing skills are not up to par

Not be surprised if Denver drafts another QB by round 3 of the NFL Draft 2012, as Elway wants to develop his style of a QB

Don't want to bet, eh? Don't want to take the side that explains how Elway is a strong, independent Broncos leader who will buck the tide and take a gamble in order to build the team HE wants?

Good choice Greg, by far your best option here. Very VERY lonely on that side of the bet.

Overall, though, if the Broncos stick to the plan Elway has laid out for the future, the draft will be the team's emphasis in building the roster. It would be unexpected if they dived into the top tier of free agency, especially given the up-front cash that would require.

That is because the Broncos are committed to about $101 million out an expected cap around $120 million. $20 million can get you some talent, don't get me wrong, but the Broncos won't be picking up many, if any, top free agents. That includes Peyton for sure

And, different guy, same newspaper (in Denver, for Colorado, not feeding fantasies of Tebow-haters who are far away from the scene)

On the Broncos side, based on what I know, they'll give Tebow every chance to prove himself all season. If it doesn't work, they'll head off to a new frontier in 2013. Despite what many think, they got to the playoffs this year because of Tebow, and because Fox was willing to change the offense in mid-ocean. If Orton had been the quarterback all year, they'd have gone 4-12.... If Tebow fails, Elway will draft a quarterback high in 2013...

The good Lord and a lot of better-off people know I've been wrong once or twice in my life. But this is as close to a lock as a prediction can get. And you know it too, and you won't bet.

Here's MY bet. Note that it's not based on statistics and it doesn't involve any prediction about how Tebow will perform, because Tebow is just a player and as fungible as, well, Brady Quinn. Or Peyton Manning. The Broncos will "use" him - literally - just like every team uses every player. (Did you notice the Yankees were going to trade Posada ferpetsake?) Stats mean nothing, literally NOTHING about how a team uses its chattel.

My bet, which you refuse to consider and go all spittle-happy about, is that there are huge, over-riding reasons the *former* football person, now empty suit, Elway won't do a single, solitary thing to rock his comfortable boat because he hasn't got the guts. Bottom line: Tebow is the Broncos QB for the year, the Broncos won't touch the QB position, but they WILL draft and sign at some of the 32 other positions in order to build - ten on offence, 11 on defence and 11 on ST.

They'll do that because it's good business for a very ordinary team with ambitions to get better and because "team building" is a proven method -- and the Broncos were sensational at it in their first post-Josh year. They'll do it because the fans want (i.e. economically support***) it. But at the bottom line they'll do it because the very, very personally and economically desperate Elway hasn't got the guts or brains to do it any other way. That's my bet.

Question: Why do you think Tebow played at all in 2011? Why do you think Orton was benched? Why do you think Quinn never got a snap? Why didn't Elway... how did you put it..... oh yeah, why didn't Elway "develop his style of a QB" for even one MINUTE of 2011 and 36 days of 2012 and counting? Not one MINUTE did he do it, why not?

There is one answer. It's my bet about what will happen in the future, too. You think I'm wrong, and you're right. What's your bet, then? Come on, step up, this is really, really important stuff!

With the 25th pick of the 2nd round, the Denver Broncos draft: Brock Osweiler QB/Arizona State :shame:

Edited by Greg_B
  • 1 year later...

Too bad jk isn't around to answer for this. :llaugh

Yes, since his beloved Tebow is now looking for another NFL team

The NY Jets dropped him like a bad habit after drafting a QB

It seems to be the story with him,

Tebow may not be the best Pro QB, but he had a solid college career.

He did his best with the teams that drafted him. He may not be able to

be a starter or even a back-up QB in the NFL, but I see no reason to

bash him. He conducts himself like a gentleman and is sportsmanlike

in nature. Not everyone can succeed at this level, and who wouldn't

want to be paid the most they could for any job they hold?

• Upvote 1

As they say.....good guys finish last

Wish him the best, but his fans are the problem

Nah, I'd say the people who berate him for who he is are the problem.

• Downvote 1

Tebow chances in the CFL (or anywhere else for that matter)

"If you can't throw the football, it doesn't matter where you play quarterback," he said. "You have to be able to throw it. That's his biggest problem, just being able to complete passes, be an accurate passer. I think he's a really good athlete playing the position, but I don't think that's enough sometimes."

Quote from Warren Moon

Personally, I have no use for a QB that is a "nice guy" but can't complete passes...

• Upvote 1

Must be part of the grand plan of our Lord and Savior. God wants Teblow to be a mediocre Arena League QB. Thank you Jesus.

Being a believer in free will, I'm not going to blame himself for Tebow's career decisions.

• 2 weeks later...

Tebow Mania created a legend, but he is not a legend in the NFL, nor will he ever be

Legend? He's an athlete who was talked about by the league and the media to stir up interest. A pretty standard occurrence.

Edited by brotherbuzz

Legend? He's an athlete who was talked about by the league and the media to stir up interest. A pretty standard occurrence.

People talk about his Christian outlook, then if you insult his ability, they take it the wrong way

He is not a good NFL QB, it is that simple

People talk about his Christian outlook, then if you insult his ability, they take it the wrong way

He is not a good NFL QB, it is that simple

Flip side. People insult his Christian outlook instead of just his ability. Third-grade stuff IMO, but it is what it is.

Anyway, be realistic he is a talented athlete who excelled in college and can be a good NFL quarterback with the right team and coach. I mean dude is 9-7 as a starter, which would get you into the playoffs most years. Would I want him as my starter........no, but I'd take him as a backup and see if he develops into a better QB in a few years. KC would be a good fit............ :thumbup

There is no right fit, so why should Tebow try to hang on in the league and further sully his image?

That's what this is about, really. Tebow still has a pristine image in and out of sports. He was possibly the greatest college football player of all time and lives a very public and spiritual life that has inspired millions upon millions of people. He has a future in politics if he wants it, and clearly he has already become a coveted public speaker.

The NFL may actually be holding Tebow back from his true calling.