Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Carlsberg at Foodmart: 46 baht per bottle, supermarket near View Talay 1 in Jomtien.

Seems expensive compared to the others... or is it a big bottle?

Seems expensive compared to the others... or is it a big bottle?

I think that must be the large bottle price. Small bottles are mid 30's.

The 46 baht/bottle was for the standard size bottle, same price as Beer Lao. If you'll notice at Pig & Whistle and Rosie O'Grady's, draft Calsberg has been priced 30% higher than Heineken draft, 130 baht/pint and 129 baht/pint, respectively.

The 46 baht/bottle was for the standard size bottle, same price as Beer Lao. If you'll notice at Pig & Whistle and Rosie O'Grady's, draft Calsberg has been priced 30% higher than Heineken draft, 130 baht/pint and 129 baht/pint, respectively.

I guess you mean about 330ml.... so it is expensive.

A difference of 1 baht in 130 isn't 30% though,

Carlsberg at Foodmart: 46 baht per bottle, supermarket near View Talay 1 in Jomtien.

That's quite a markup. We buy Carlsberg small bottles for exactly the same price as Heineken.

I guess you mean about 330ml.... so it is expensive.

A difference of 1 baht in 130 isn't 30% though,

That's for Carlsberg draft at the two different pubs, Pig & whistle charges 100 baht/pint for Heineken, 99 baht/pint at Rosies..Carlsberg is priced 30% higher at these two pubs. I'd like to know who sells bottles for 35 baht, I'll go there and buy some.

That's for Carlsberg draft at the two different pubs, Pig & whistle charges 100 baht/pint for Heineken, 99 baht/pint at Rosies..Carlsberg is priced 30% higher at these two pubs. I'd like to know who sells bottles for 35 baht, I'll go there and buy some.

We call the distributor directly and buy by the case.

My point is that a case of Carlsberg costs virtually the same as a case of Heineken, so it is not more expensive...maybe a baht a bottle one way or the other.

Ask MM where he gets it for the same price as Heinekin.

I buy SML for 35/bottle but by the case. That is a warehouse type beer shop, they are all over the place. Macro charges more so I stopped using them.

Edited by jacko
  • 1 year later...

I tried a bottle a few weeks ago and ithought it was horrible,couldnt even drink the full bottle.When i first came to pattaya i loved the stuff,maYBE MY TASTE BUDS HAVE CHANGED

No, it's pretty foul tasting now, IMHO.

Sent from the buggy Tapatalk app for Android.

Yeah I spotted a large bottle in TOPs recently.

Carlsberg was my Thailand tipple for a number of years and I probably drank enough to float a tanker in.

Surprised to hear it tastes horrible.... maybe designed to compete with Pattaya lager which I haven't heard much of.