Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Ok this is weird.

I always throw my change on my desk, then after it piles up to the point where its annoying, I collect it and put it in a drawer that I keep full of change and 20 baht notes until its full. Well, today I decided to do one of these migrations... its about 2 weeks worth of change or so, maybe 3... and theres not a single 10 baht coin in the lot. About 200 5 baht coins, but no 10 baht at all. I thought... strange.

So I just went to the store, and my change was 31 baht... a 20, 2 5's and a 1. I asked if she have 10 baht and she said, no hab.

So... anyone else noticing that? Whats up with it? Did 10 baht coins get archived for some reason? Or is this just a weird coincidence?

I heard the russians are all hording them for a group trip to phuket on baht busses.

always amazes me how many russians can cramb onto a baht buss between St Jomtienburg and Pattayagrad at this time of year.

Edited by Norfloxacin400

I heard the russians are all hording them for a group trip to phuket on baht busses.

always amazes me how many russians can cramb onto a baht buss between St Jomtienburg and Pattayagrad at this time of year.

Great line!

At least Roland was is a is a great poster, unless some of the rubbish some of the contributors on this board are dishing out these days. I hope he is well. :lsmile

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Has nobody noticed that the 10 Baht coin is virtually identical to a 2 Euro coin? Same diameter, thickness, weight and bi-metal construction. Apart from the milled edge being slightly dissimilar (and obviously the pictures), the main difference is the value - a 2 Euro coin is worth more than eight times as much as a 10 Baht coin, so it’s just possible that quite a few have made their way to the Euro-zone.

Incidentally, the 10 Baht was around way before the Euro, so who decided to copy its design for the 2 Euro coin? No wonder the Euro is heading for the history books!

Has nobody noticed that the 10 Baht coin is virtually identical to a 2 Euro coin? Same diameter, thickness, weight and bi-metal construction. Apart from the milled edge being slightly dissimilar (and obviously the pictures), the main difference is the value - a 2 Euro coin is worth more than eight times as much as a 10 Baht coin, so it’s just possible that quite a few have made their way to the Euro-zone.

Incidentally, the 10 Baht was around way before the Euro, so who decided to copy its design for the 2 Euro coin? No wonder the Euro is heading for the history books!

Just a matter of time on that one! Soon the baht bus driver will throw a hissy fit if you try and palm one of those off on him. :D

That is where all the 10 baht coins have gone, hidden away by the baht bus drivers for the high season in an effort to force everyone to use a 20 baht note and there be no opportunity for change.

Edited by jacko

Has nobody noticed that the 10 Baht coin is virtually identical to a 2 Euro coin?

Owners of vending machines in Yurp sure noticed it when the coins first hit the street, and they were getting bazillions of baht. The EU demanded Thailand change the 10 baht coin (really!). When they didn't work because the Thais were so overcome with belly laughs and uncontrollable giggling, the Yurpeens did something to the euro coin, can't remember what. Dee You Em.

• Upvote 1

Asked my hotel to change a 50baht note into 10baht coins today, said sorry, no hab and gave me 5 baht coins.

Interesting :clueless

PS.....love it here

cheers

Rodney

Owners of vending machines in Yurp sure noticed it when the coins first hit the street, and they were getting bazillions of baht. The EU demanded Thailand change the 10 baht coin (really!). When they didn't work because the Thais were so overcome with belly laughs and uncontrollable giggling, the Yurpeens did something to the euro coin, can't remember what. Dee You Em.

Believe the 10 Baht coin was minted first, Europe had a red face and the Thai's most definitely overcome with laughter.

the 10's are all in my drawer.

... and in mine too ! :P

I just cheked the small box where I put coins when I have to many in my wallet,

and I can easily pay the BF in a Pattaya agogo with all my 10-baht coins ! 87 ! :o

Plus 34 5-baht coins if 10's are not enough ;)

I will make an effort to make these coins circulate;

they are made for small business, not to stay in a drawer...

I have tens of 25 and 50 satangs coins too. Will make a stop in the wat next door.

I generally leave for the evening with a few coins that I try to use during the night. If I can't use them, or if there are too many, I'll change them up with a friendly cashier to "lighten the load".

Since this post came out, I've noticed that I have ended up with one or more 10 baht coins in my pockets at the end of each evening.

They are out there!

Doesn't it look like the Philippean and Mexican Pesco too.

I gave a US dollar coin to a massage gal and she didn't realize it was differant, although its one color..

Asked my hotel to change a 50baht note into 10baht coins today, said sorry, no hab and gave me 5 baht coins.

Interesting :clueless

PS.....love it here

cheers

Rodney

Yes, Tesco did that to me in Laem Chabang,something going on!

Well, it seems obvious that this was either a huge coincidence... or Roland is back in town :D

I hear when he is in town he stands outside of LD1 every night with a sign saying "Where's my 10 baht change?". :clueless