Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

flight from bangkok to kon khaen

hi there having trouble getting a bus from bangkok or patts to kon khaen on the 28th of dec any one flown before

appreciate any advice :clueless

hi there having trouble getting a bus from bangkok or patts to kon khaen on the 28th of dec any one flown before

Yes, good luck and try to book, Thai airways have the airport to themselves and only their planes fly there. It is expensive to fly to Khon Kean. I went last summer and it was 6000 baht return

I did, Thai Air and it was expensive. I think Mick advised possibly flying Air Asia to Udon Thani and bus/taxi over to Kalasin./ KK.

I booked a flight to Myanmar on AA for Feb 780 Baht r/t though fees almost doubled that.

In the end i just bit it and flew Thai.

Good luck , post some pics.

DOne it a couple of times in the past 2 years. About 2200 each way. All flights were full. Both times I had to book two single flights- of different ticket types - to reduce the cost.

FLight is about 50 minutes - just enough time for the air stewards/esses to push a trolley from one end to the other throwing boxes of cardboard food at passengers, before pushing the trolley back the other way to collect the rubbish.

Well I hear what you say ,but very hard to believe all buses booked up ,which company did you try.

The best company to use from BBK to Khon Kaen is Nakhonchai Air www.nca.co.th

28 buses a day from 06 30am till 24:30

You can even pay and book your tickets at 7/11 shops.

Now if you was travelling on FrI 30th of Dec ,i could believe all booked up ,as the week end before NY is the busiest week end in the year and its crazy to travel as trip could take up to 12/14 hours due to all the traffic on the roads.

Just looked at Thai Air price for 28th is about 2500 bhts

3 flights a day but on this date only flight available is the 7am flight others booked up.

You could catch train from BKK to Khon Kaen as well ,i posted

4 trains a day ,2nd travel is very good,also can get a sleeper

see their web site below

http://www.thailandbytrain.com/NorthEasternLine.html

Think I will have to start working for Khon Kaen tourist board haha

• Upvote 1

New Year's is a four-day holiday weekend this year, because the two official holidays are on Saturday and Sunday. The roads, rails and flights will be packed from Wednesday to Wednesday at least. It's almost always possible to get a bus where you're going, but you push, shove, sweat and wait for it.

• Upvote 1

The holiday is from Saturday Dec 31 through Tuesday, Jan 3. Back to work/school on Wednesday Jan. 4. New Year's Eve is an official holiday in Thailand.

I checked the train schedule link you sent last week and the sleepers are a bargain.

Just looked at Thai Air price for 28th is about 2500 bhts

3 flights a day but on this date only flight available is the 7am flight others booked up.

You could catch train from BKK to Khon Kaen as well ,i posted

4 trains a day ,2nd travel is very good,also can get a sleeper

see their web site below

http://www.thailandb...asternLine.html

Think I will have to start working for Khon Kaen tourist board haha