Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

IMG_2356.jpg

Here's a brief Pattaya "Christmas story." It's not profound and certainly doesn't have an deeper meaning, but I thought it was interesting. The other night I was giving miniature teddy bears to the girls in a beer bar in the Simon complex. The mamasan asked me to give a Santa bear to Buddha. Although I was a bit perplexed, that wasn't a request I could refuse and the mamasan proceeded to hang the teddy bear on the bar's spirit house. She said it would bring good luck to the bar. I was tempted to ask her if she was going to take Santa down after Christmas, but decided that would be disrespectful. So I'll just wait and see if the Santa bear becomes a permanent addition to the shrine or only a seasonal visitor.

Santa1.jpg

Santa2.jpg

Anyway, best wishes for a Merry Christmas to all board members. A special wish goes out to all military personnel of the U.S., its allies and friendly nations across the globe. Your efforts and sacrifices make it possible for us to enjoy the holiday under far more comfortable circumstances than most of you endure. Many, many thanks!

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 4