Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Emirates sale back on

Just checked with Netflights and the price of the flight I booked when the 7 day sale was on i.e £468 ex Manchester in May,is showing same price-a week ago it was £100 more.

Don't know about other dates or airports but worth checking if you missed out first time.

Just checked with Netflights and the price of the flight I booked when the 7 day sale was on i.e £468 ex Manchester in May,is showing same price-a week ago it was £100 more.

Don't know about other dates or airports but worth checking if you missed out first time.

Cracking price these days....

Not to many sub 500's around these days from London let alone Manchester....

• 4 weeks later...

I was checking yesterday and came up with a $750 all in.. Seattle to Manila.. That's cheap..

The draw back is an 8hr layover in Dubia. The airport shows transfer tours, aprox $100us.

That is still cheap. but a pia long ass day to get to SE Asia.

Have anyone went on a transfer tour in Dubia ?

Ideas to do in Dubia during a long layover ?

I was checking yesterday and came up with a $750 all in.. Seattle to Manila.. That's cheap..

The draw back is an 8hr layover in Dubia. The airport shows transfer tours, aprox $100us.

If you want to stay in Dubai just head to Le Meridien hotel. They have a bar out at the back full of Thais and Filipinas with a live band. Closes at 4 I think.

I stayed there last year when I went to SA for the world cup.

8 hours in Dubai airport and you'll be absolutely bored to tears.

I checked Emirates a couple days ago and saw that I would have a 9 hour layover. Not for me Ronnie would rather fly Egypt air and have a 3 hour stopover. Cheaper as well.

Never going to happen on a 777 in Y, but I'll be happy with the standard 3-3-3 seating on their competitors. The 3-4-3 is just inhumane

Sorry, I meant 2-4-2 seating available on the Airbus 333 332, love it its very spacecious.

Would choose Airbus Industrie over Boeing everytime.

Maybe thats a different topic though.

Edited by farman

Sorry, I meant 2-4-2 seating available on the Airbus 333 332, love it its very spacecious.

Would choose Airbus Industrie over Boeing everytime.

Maybe thats a different topic though.

I've done a bit of Boeing (the company) bashing over the years, but I've always maintained that the best experience in economy was on SQ's 777 from Manchester. That said, I don't think that I'd describe any long-haul economy product as being "very spacious".

I've done a bit of Boeing (the company) bashing over the years, but I've always maintained that the best experience in economy was on SQ's 777 from Manchester. That said, I don't think that I'd describe any long-haul economy product as being "very spacious".

Interesting to see Qatar start high density 777-400ER Doha -Bangkok from 25th March with 24 J AND 356 Y. Hopefully should still

remain 3-3-3 layout in Y.

If you have a lengthy stop over in Dubai, you can go to the Karama Hotel and into the "Ratskies Bar" they have a live band each night and "alot" of filipino hookers, all shape, size and ages to suit. The best night in Dubai is a Thursday night as they dont work Fridays and Saturdays

Interesting to see Qatar start high density 777-400ER Doha -Bangkok from 25th March with 24 J AND 356 Y. Hopefully should still

remain 3-3-3 layout in Y.

I can't see how they could do it in a 3-3-3 configuration. By my calculations, the best they can do with 3-3-3 is 24J and 329Y.

I can't see how they could do it in a 3-3-3 configuration. By my calculations, the best they can do with 3-3-3 is 24J and 329Y.

Copied from Airline Routes:-

QATAR Airways Starts High Density Boeing 777-300ER Operation

by JL

2nd Update at 1050GMT. 1st Update at 2320GMT 22JAN12

As per 23JAN12 GDS inventory and seat map display, QATAR Airways has launched High-Density Boeing 777-300ER configuration, with reduced number of Business Class seats. The High-Density 777-300ER has already entered Doha – Manila service since Oct 2011.

The High-Density 380-seater 777-300ER configuration features 24 Business Class Seats and 356 Economy Class Seats. Current 335-seater 777-300ER configuration (soon to be classified as Low-Density) features 42 Business Class and 293 Economy Class seats.

Planned High-Density 777-300ER operation and Configuration map as follows. Note specifically mentioned routes, flights, operational days and effective dates remains subject to change.

Doha – Bangkok – Hanoi

QR610/611 eff 25MAR12 (Day 347)

QR614/615 eff 25MAR12 (Day x347)

Doha – Bangkok – Ho Chi Minh

QR616/617 eff 26MAR12 (Day 347)

QR608/609 03JUL12 – 27AUG12 (Day 126)

Doha – Manila QR646/647 Daily (Note selected dates may be operated by low-density 777-300ER)

777-300ER High-Density Configuration

Business Class

ScreenShot162.jpg

Economy Class

ScreenShot163.jpg

As per 23JAN12 GDS inventory and seat map display, QATAR Airways has launched High-Density Boeing 777-300ER configuration ...

Got it - thanks. Something to keep in mind when booking back to UK.

As the Skytrax 5* rating is so important to Qatars marketing and the rules clearly state that no carrier with 10 abreast in a 777 will get this rating there won't be a Y layout change

As the Skytrax 5* rating is so important to Qatars marketing and the rules clearly state that no carrier with 10 abreast in a 777 will get this rating there won't be a Y layout change

Thanks - that's good info.

Just seen Emirates flights for the end of April, any flight out of LHR and any out of BKK, for £479.

Think i might just book a flight soon for that period.

Emirates has a great price JFK to New Zealand for $853. r/t, taxes and fees included. I'm thinking about booking a three week family vacation for May.

EVA delux? still economy

Seems like a really good price. Got a link? :thumbup

It's on their website.

It's on their website.

I assumed that, but where about? I can find offers for June onwards ...

and when I try to book for 3 weeks in May ... :clueless

A link would be useful ....

I assumed that, but where about? I can find offers for June onwards ...

and when I try to book for 3 weeks in May ... :clueless

A link would be useful ....

Maybe he did not realise you have to pay to return also :thumbup