Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 260 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Excuse my ignorance but wats the go with the "reputation" rating.? :wtf How long has it been in? :unsure: What does it represent? :bs I see MM has 313- im guessing the higher the better? :clueless

Is it an attempt for greater poster compliance-ie posters seeking a more positive "rating" :dhorse

please advise. :clap2:

p.s.- will the over use of emoticons lead to a higher rating? :bonk2

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why is it unscrupulous, not to mention disrespecting the board and its membership, to review JK's posts and give him a plus where appropriate (not that he'd much care)? How else is his "reputation" g

nice to see its been done away with. Good call MM

Baz, thanks for your viewpoint.   I can't say I can know what goes on in peoples' minds or what they think when they press those buttons, so I'll just have to take your word for it that you know.  

ahhh I see it!!

the green plus button and the red minus button. Never used them. I will now be banging them incessantly to improve my ratings.

can green hits be bought and sold in the same way as say carbon credits?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ahhh I see it!!

the green plus button and the red minus button. Never used them. I will now be banging them incessantly to improve my ratings.

can green hits be bought and sold in the same way as say carbon credits?

You can't rate your own posts but I will quite happily hit the green button on all your posts if you leave a few beers for me at the FLB.

• Upvote 2

Seems to me that I can hit the green button as many times as I want but the red button only 2 or 3 times/day.

Why not a 50/50 ratio?

It seems to me that the -1 (red) should be used sparingly. You only have a few, so if you must use them, use them with good cause.

Nope, it doesn't work that way. You can't rate yourself.

The +1/-1 actions, in my mind, should apply to the post, not the poster.

A good post merits a +1, which leads to the poster getting a bump in their reputation. Their overall reputation is the sum of all the +1/-1 votes by the membership.

A good post merits a +1, which leads to the poster getting a bump in their reputation.

I know you don't take all this stuff seriously, but some people will. I have to say I don't like it as people are using the system in different ways.

Despite what you say, people will inevitably rate the poster not the post. Witness how Villa's and Gabor's ratings have soared in the last week. Someone mentioned that this was the reason Addicts stopped using it.

And what is a "good post"? Is it one well expressed/informative or one where you agree the views set out in the post? It looks to me that most people are using it in the latter way. If it is to be used that way, then there is an equal need for the red button as the green button.

Baz, thanks for your viewpoint.

I can't say I can know what goes on in peoples' minds or what they think when they press those buttons, so I'll just have to take your word for it that you know.

I think a good post is self-evident...at least to the reader of the post.

The rapid changes lately in some peoples' reputations might be because more of the user community knowing about the feature, rather than just a few who figured it out early on and set the initial results. The more people who know about it and use it, the less likely it will be, IMO, for the results to be skewed by those with an axe to grind against a particular individual.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I notice it is only viewable on profiles again now :clueless

Very observant.

Ratings seem to be gone now.

They aren't gone. They are still in the profile as you hover the mouse over a user id. They'll be back.

Very observant.

They aren't gone. They are still in the profile as you hover the mouse over a user id. They'll be back.

why did it disappear?

any chance of reducing my warning level being new year and all ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Despite what you say, people will inevitably rate the poster not the post. Witness how Villa's and Gabor's ratings have soared in the last week. Someone mentioned that this was the reason Addicts stopped using it.

The most amazing comeback is someone you didn't mention, who has gone from deep negative to positive, mostly at the hands of a single, unscrupulous person who has chosen to defeat the purpose of the feature, disrespecting the board and its membership.

Yeah, it can be manipulated, but it can be detected as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The most amazing comeback is someone you didn't mention, who has gone from deep negative to positive, mostly at the hands of a single, unscrupulous person who has chosen to defeat the purpose of the feature, disrespecting the board and its membership.

Yeah, it can be manipulated, but it can be detected as well.

I presume your on about joe cuntkicker :bhappy so who is tickling his bollox :clueless

• Upvote 1

You've got your own ball licker, so don't complain.

I think that just about sums it up.

It does not have to have anything to do with the quality of posts, it is more to do with whether someone likes the other person or not and also whether they agree with that person's post of not. Reputation for what ?? I mentioned before, that many forums do not used this accessory for those very reasons. Like so many things, it is open to abuse. ie lets say, that a number of members club together and decided to give one particular member - points each day. That is 3 x (could be five members) 5. That would show up as 100 red - in the rep of that member in just a week.

Just as, if a number of members were to use their positive vote, it would be nearer 250 positive votes for reputation. I think its a load of bollox myself and does not encourage posters to be honest, but to be liked So, I think it is all a bit meaningless. I expect a few negatives for this post :llaugh for being truthful. Is that a good or bad thing on the forum ??

Jo0ekicker is an example. Only a few days ago he was in the red. Now this guy makes a big contribution to the forum, and yes, not everyone agrees with him, but his posts are often logical and well written. He has just gone up 20 point in the last couple of days, since this was pointed out. Coincidence or not ??

Edited by Gawd Elpus
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It does not have to have anything to do with the quality of posts, it is more to do with whether someone likes the other person or not and also whether they agree with that person's post of not. Reputation for what ?? I mentioned before, that many forums do not used this accessory for those very reasons. Like so many things, it is open to abuse. ie lets say, that a number of members club together and decided to give one particular member - points each day. That is 3 x (could be five members) 5. That would show up as 100 red - in the rep of that member in just a week.

Just as, if a number of members were to use their positive vote, it would be nearer 250 positive votes for reputation. I think its a load of bollox myself and does not encourage posters to be honest, but to be liked So, I think it is all a bit meaningless. I expect a few negatives for this post :llaugh for being truthful. Is that a good or bad thing on the forum ??

You must have spent a considerable amount of time trying to short-circuit the system. If you don't like the system, why did you spend so much time using it?

Jo0ekicker is an example. Only a few days ago he was in the red. Now this guy makes a big contribution to the forum, and yes, not everyone agrees with him, but his posts are often logical and well written. He has just gone up 20 point in the last couple of days, since this was pointed out. Coincidence or not ??

My views exactly.

• Upvote 1

Having another ID could also boost your own rep up too, another member here must have done that as no one likes that Ratcuntfuckmaster :closedeyes:

I think it's fair to assume that Joe couldn't give a toss about his "reputation". :thumbup

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1