Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why is it unscrupulous, not to mention disrespecting the board and its membership, to review JK's posts and give him a plus where appropriate (not that he'd much care)? How else is his "reputation" g

nice to see its been done away with. Good call MM

Baz, thanks for your viewpoint.   I can't say I can know what goes on in peoples' minds or what they think when they press those buttons, so I'll just have to take your word for it that you know.  

And here was me thinking I could cash my reputation points in the next time I'm in Pattaya.

The most amazing comeback is someone you didn't mention, who has gone from deep negative to positive, mostly at the hands of a single, unscrupulous person who has chosen to defeat the purpose of the feature, disrespecting the board and its membership.

Yeah, it can be manipulated, but it can be detected as well.

Why is it unscrupulous, not to mention disrespecting the board and its membership, to review JK's posts and give him a plus where appropriate (not that he'd much care)? How else is his "reputation" going to be enhanced, if not voting his posts. Some folk have obviously voted your posts up - are they also unscrupulous and disrespectful?

What is unscrupulous is activating the visibility of a function only after certain reputations have been established. Why wasn't the visibility activated at the very beginning when the red and green buttons were introduced?

Can the function not be extended to show exactly which BMs have voted red or green for each post? That would make for better viewing. :thumbup It would certainly sort out the unscrupulous posters, don't you think? :ninja:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I agree with Bazle and Gawd.

I don't like it.

It can be manipulated despite MM's assertion that it can't/won't be.

I see it as attempt to post "more agreeably' :bs

I voted that "reputation rating " be pulled.

ps this has nothing to do with m own shitful rating. Although I have lost sleep :behead

• Downvote 1

Why is it unscrupulous, not to mention disrespecting the board and its membership, to review JK's posts and give him a plus where appropriate (not that he'd much care)? How else is his "reputation" going to be enhanced, if not voting his posts. Some folk have obviously voted your posts up - are they also unscrupulous and disrespectful?

What is unscrupulous is activating the visibility of a function only after certain reputations have been established. Why wasn't the visibility activated at the very beginning when the red and green buttons were introduced?

Can the function not be extended to show exactly which BMs have voted red or green for each post? That would make for better viewing. :thumbup It would certainly sort out the unscrupulous posters, don't you think? :ninja:

nice post tom, and totally accurate. I punched your green button for this post. :thumbup

The +/- system has been in place since May 2011. Ratings have accumulated over this 8 month period. This is nothing new.

What is new is that I put in a mod to show the reputation on the user panel to the left of the post.

It's always been available by viewing the user information shown when hovering the mouse over the user id.

CT, going back and using all your votes over a period of days for a single member is a misuse of the feature. I stand by my description.

I have removed the mod (for the moment) that shows reputation on the user panel, so as not to offend those who are troubled by it.

I am amazed anyone would be concerned about it, its another feature of a forum like many things on forums certain people tell lies if those people vote and poll others to sending PMs who cares.

• Upvote 1

CT, going back and using all your votes over a period of days for a single member is a misuse of the feature. I stand by my description.

I am 100% with Tom on this. MM, how can it be "misuse" if you will not define what the proper use is? Talking about good and bad posts is inadequate unless you explain what you mean by good and bad.

• Upvote 1

I am 100% with Tom on this. MM, how can it be "misuse" if you will not define what the proper use is? Talking about good and bad posts is inadequate unless you explain what you mean by good and bad.

I would say misuse is using your entire quota day after day to go back and +/- some poster because you are trying to skew the community's result.

I envision this as being a vote here and there as posts are made. That's how I use it.

For example, as QUIM does his daily reports, I am giving him plus points, as are many others who seem to grasp the concept. I give pluses for good posts, simple as that.

By the same token, if someone comes out with some Tourette-like spouting off, I'd likely give them a negative.

You can choose how you use it, whether you use it, or whether you even look at it.

You can choose how you use it, whether you use it, or whether you even look at it.

In other words, it's meaningless and useless. So why do you keep it enabled?

Leading the witness, are you? I didn't say that at all.

No, I was speaking to you directly when I said You can choose how you use it, whether you use it, or whether you even look at it.

By your comments against it, can we assume you have never used the system? Or have you used it, but you just don't know why?

Let the jury decide!

Indeed.

In the words of a wise woman, "Farang think too much."

You should be able to see what forum members have given any particular post a negaitive or positive rating. Problem solved.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'm sure you would like that.

cant you see which kuntmasters has given me all my - points in a short space of time . <_<

Miss.Wilson at school used to be like it "Ian! stop scratching your privates take a minus point" I was only kid in the class to be over minus 20 LOL she was a kunt she hated me and her breath stunk of cow dung :lol: :lol: :lol:

cant you see which kuntmasters has given me all my - points in a short space of time . <_>

Miss.Wilson at school used to be like it "Ian! stop scratching your privates take a minus point" I was only kid in the class to be over minus 20 LOL she was a kunt she hated me and her breath stunk of cow dung :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think she joined the board last month...gave you as a reference.