Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

S2 rooms 12 and 13.

In farang name.

Maintenance is 5,200 per unit 10,400 2 units just paid.

120 sq metres

Includes

Pool table,Darts board fridge, chairs etc.

Living accomodation at the rear of the bar.

The site has 2 swimming pools,gyms and is 5 minutes walk from the beach.

Price is 7 million baht

50/50 trfs.

Please call Paul 085-2879-394.

DSCF1727.JPG

DSCF1726.JPG

DSCF1725.JPG

S2 rooms 12 and 13.

In farang name.

Maintenance is 5,200 per unit 10,400 2 units just paid.

120 sq metres

Includes

Pool table,Darts board fridge, chairs etc.

Living accomodation at the rear of the bar.

The site has 2 swimming pools,gyms and is 5 minutes walk from the beach.

Price is 7 million baht

50/50 trfs.

Please call Paul 085-2879-394.

You're pulling our legs, right?

Hi,

Is everybody supposed to know where this bar is?

I have no idea, and Google tell me that there is tens of "sports bar" in Pattaya...

I think this is a right turn off of 2nd rd just before soi 7, turn right at the coffee shop ( i think... im probably wrong)

Edited by bigmick

Based on those three photos and an asking price of £140,000, that has to be one of the lamest attempts at selling a Pattaya beer bar I have ever seen.

What makes it a Sports Bar? The footballer models on the shelf above the bar? :llaugh

Based on those three photos and an asking price of £140,000, that has to be one of the lamest attempts at selling a Pattaya beer bar I have ever seen.

What makes it a Sports Bar? The footballer models on the shelf above the bar? :llaugh

Darts and pool are sports aren't they :bhappy

I think that's the Jomtien Beach Condominium complex. He likely owns the units in his own name. Other than for the residents the location leaves a lot to be desired. I don't know the legalities involved as far as the business end of it, but it may be the only way to actually legally own the property here in Thailand.

I'll throw in a few comments here as the OP is a friend. The bar IS in Jomtien Beach Condo. Building S2. For the record, it's the only decent bar (as opposed to restaurant/cafe/bar) in the S1 and S2 blocks and gets busy most nights. I'm sure there is scope for a food service, and the back rooms could be rented out as they have been in the past. There are many expats and 3 to 6 month long holiday makers who own condos or rent regularly year on year and are regulars at the bar. The bar used to be in the Jomtien Expat pool league until last year and there was an excess of decent players who would turn up weekly. The pool table is generally recognised as one of the best in the area. There is easily potential for two teams. The owner is a good guy and it is a shock that he has decided to sell. The bar has big potential in a very busy condo for somebody who's prepared to put in the hours.

The bar has big potential in a very busy condo for somebody who's prepared to put in the hours.

Seems the shop owner next door bailed as well, must be a thriving area.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seems the shop owner next door bailed as well, must be a thriving area.

Isn't the bar just a double unit?

Yes it is.I found it to be one of the best places to watch soccer and other sports in the area.The small service staff and free pasta or stew was a nice touch also during games.I too am surprised that Paul is selling but I haven't spoken to him for over a year.

Whatever the outcome I wish him and his fiance the best.

Isn't the bar just a double unit?

He probably owns and displays more soccer shirts that you've seen. :llaugh indeed.

• Downvote 1

He probably owns and displays more soccer shirts that you've seen. :llaugh indeed.

Very doubtful. You haven't seen the memorabilia in my Uncle's bar in Spain. Now that's a Sports Bar.

Granted, I know next to nothing about the bar business in Pattaya. But from what I do know, I wouldn't take the place for free. 7 Million baht? LOL

I'd be better off taking the 7 million baht, investing it in some dividend paying stocks, and pocketing the dividends. I could then sit around in the same bar, pretend I own it, and have none of the headaches.

Excuse me for trying to help.

I clarified this because some people might think that the shop next door might have been sold a few times which is far from the truth. The OP has, I believe, decided to go back home and is I believe, reluctantly, selling up. Thanks for helping.

Edited by 4niceight

Thanks for everybodys comments,and this site for letting me advertise the bar.

I had a great time running the bar, and meeting some great people.

You do not pay any key money,no rent,no deposit all you pay is the maintenance fee every year.

Its not easy,and not for everyone,but if you like meeting people, and up for a challenge, then try running a bar.

Its life changing.

The bar is in a good location with more then 3,000 units on site.Great expat community here.The site is well run.

I will be holding an opening evening in the bar for anybody interested,somtime soon.

Happy New Year.

Paul.

Best of luck Paul, very sad to hear that you have decided to sell up. Wishing you the best for the future, although I can't see yopu staying long back in the UK, if what 4nic8 says is true.

Have to agree, worst advert I've seen in a very long time.

Have to agree, worst advert I've seen in a very long time.

It's got one of the best pool tables in the area though! :rolleyes:

why are 90% of the bars so damn boring....?? get a bit creative. most bars interior design seems to consist of only an england flag and the odd football shirt or two :clueless

Unless the owner is Scottish... then flags become obligatory and all pervasive.

You have a point, but bars seem to need to to have a pull and nationalism and spending time with like minded souls from your own country is a common theme.

As is English Premier League.

It is also decoration that costs little and is easily modified.

I have recollections of a beer bar that transormed itself to the inside of a cave, like The Cavern Go-GO , it really cost a lot and didn't work out. Surely a nightmare to clean too.

Any suggestions?

Edited by jacko