Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Unless the owner is Scottish... then flags become obligatory and all pervasive.

You have a point, but bars seem to need to to have a pull and nationalism and spending time with like minded souls from your own country is a common theme.

As is English Premier League.

It is also decoration that costs little and is easily modified.

I have recollections of a beer bar that transormed itself to the inside of a cave, like The Cavern Go-GO , it really cost a lot and didn't work out. Surely a nightmare to clean too.

Any suggestions?

I really don't care what the bar looks like as long as there's good looking girls available and cold beer.

I don't remember what those units originally sold for but it appears to me that for two 60 square meter units, they are considerably overpriced. Other than that, it would be a great setup for someone who wants a bar on property that he actually owns and still have a place to live at the same time.

Land lords are getting rich renting small bars to stupid farangs for ridiculous prices. Most of which struggle to even pay the rent and key money when their short leases expire.

• 3 weeks later...

Dropped the price.

5.5 million baht for the bar.

2.6 million baht for the single unit,next door.

50/50 transfer.

Pardon my ignorance but what does the 50/50 transfer mean exactly?

1,5 MIllion baht off the price in 22 days is quite a lot by the way. How come you are so desperate to flog the place?

Edited by Esco

Hi,

50/50 transfer means that when we exchange the title deeds at the land office the goverment will levy a cost depending on what the property sells for.These costs will be split 50/50 with the seller and buyer.

I am not desperate to sell, but my initial valuation was to high.

Thanks.

Paul.

I'll throw in a few comments here as the OP is a friend. The bar IS in Jomtien Beach Condo. Building S2. For the record, it's the only decent bar (as opposed to restaurant/cafe/bar) in the S1 and S2 blocks and gets busy most nights. I'm sure there is scope for a food service, and the back rooms could be rented out as they have been in the past. There are many expats and 3 to 6 month long holiday makers who own condos or rent regularly year on year and are regulars at the bar. The bar used to be in the Jomtien Expat pool league until last year and there was an excess of decent players who would turn up weekly. The pool table is generally recognised as one of the best in the area. There is easily potential for two teams. The owner is a good guy and it is a shock that he has decided to sell. The bar has big potential in a very busy condo for somebody who's prepared to put in the hours.

I agree whole heartedly with this post.

I had the dubious distinction of meeting Paul on the day he stopped renting bicycles. I went to his bar to rent two bikes for the day. The location of the bar is not at ground zero but I suppose it could flourish, as stated above, from the business of the 3000 residents. I know i'd be a patron if I lived closer to it.

While many of us know Pattaya abounds with hucksters, scam artists and con men, I think Paul is definitely not one of them. I'm not in the market to buy any business at this time but if i were, I'd like to do business with a person of Paul's character.

I agree whole heartedly with this post.

I had the dubious distinction of meeting Paul on the day he stopped renting bicycles. I went to his bar to rent two bikes for the day. The location of the bar is not at ground zero but I suppose it could flourish, as stated above, from the business of the 3000 residents. I know i'd be a patron if I lived closer to it.

While many of us know Pattaya abounds with hucksters, scam artists and con men, I think Paul is definitely not one of them. I'm not in the market to buy any business at this time but if i were, I'd like to do business with a person of Paul's character.

Right, now we need someone to vouch for you......not Paul! :D
  • Downvote 3
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember the OP had bought a place out near soi 2 and turned it into an ice cream shop then an estate agents or something. I'm sure it was him. Sounded like a real positive guy who didn't let setbacks get in his way. His story would be interesting to hear.

I remember the OP had bought a place out near soi 2 and turned it into an ice cream shop then an estate agents or something. I'm sure it was him. Sounded like a real positive guy who didn't let setbacks get in his way. His story would be interesting to hear.

I know Paul well in that we met through a mutual friend from Bristol firstly in the mid 1990's........Its not my place to tell what I know, but the above post describing him as a very positive guy is very true. I can only offer my surprise likewise that's he's selling up....

• 2 weeks later...

Paul - any updates on the sale - did you take it to auction ? I do know the location and have stayed in S1 and S2 before and now rent a unti across in A2.

Have to agree the original add didn't get the full message across well and that led to some derogatory comments. I am not in Patts right now but will be in a few months and would consider a business in this well run condo complex very seriously if it were available at that time.