Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi Folks,

I'm coming to Pattaya in January for a month.  The first week I want to (must) rest-up and get some early nights.  I've been offered a great deal for a Jomtien hotel (jomtien grand palace) but I read somewhere else on the forum that bhat busses didn't run to Jomtien late in the evening. (sorry, I can't find that post anymore thats why I am making a new one)

My question is,

a) as I don't want late nights that week anyway, can I assume that I will still get baht busses back to Jomtien around 10-11pm?

B) anyone have a rough idea of the price of a taxi from Pattaya to Jomtien.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to book a Jomtien hotel only to find that a few hours in Pattaya every evening is going to cost me more on taxi fares than I am saving on the hotel deal.

On the bright side :D ... after my week of self-enforced early nights in Jomtien will be moving to the Hard Rock Hotel in Pattaya and late nights will be fine :P  Hope to see some of you at FLB then!

You can get a baht bus from Pattaya to Jomtien anytime, day or night.  It should cost you 50 - 100 baht depending on your negotiating skills.

During the day and early evening there are regular departures from the cnr of Second Rd and South Pattaya Rd (outside the school) for shared, scheduled services which will cost you 10 baht.

From Jomtien to Pattaya, just flag down a baht bus along the sea front and pay 10 baht.  Late at night you may have to wait for a while to find one and will have to pay 50 - 100 baht into Pattaya.

I always stay in Jomtien and have always been able to get a BB at anytime, alought not quite as previlent late at night as during the day. If you start at the corner of second rd. and so. pattaya you can hire one as pete says from 50-100B, or just start walking towards Jomtien and one will be by within 5 minutes for the standard fare of 10B

Gammon

If you have to hire a baht taxi just for yourself you can save a great deal if you learn how to say 50 baht in thai ,because they will assume that you know the correct price

If you have to hire a baht taxi just for yourself you can save a great deal if you learn how to say 50 baht in thai ,because they will assume that you know the correct price

And the correct way to say that is  : ha sip Bath.

I stayed at Jomtien last week and couldn`t get them to go lower then 60 Bath. Which is : hook sip Bath.  :P

Mats

HI Mats

Well that is exactly what I had to pay 60 Baht to go back to my mates Condo in Jomtien Beach after midnight on a Saturday night.  He wanted me to go scarce for a few hours whilst he had the Condo to himself with his TG from BKK that came down for the night.  Mind you I had a great time in the walking street area whilst he was enjoying wild sex on his balcony  ;D ;D

I had to negotiate the fee as he said 100 Baht initially I just shook my head and offered him a fifty Baht note and started to walk away when he refused.  He then indicated 60 with his fingers and I agreed.

The Jomtien Grand Palace is a very pleasant hotel, 2 of it's 3 swimming pools are excellent. I have stayed there in the past and know the layout so I can get away with using the pools even though I now stay at a condo. Having said that I have only been prevented from swimming at 1 hotel's pools it was the Royal Cliff most places are glad to have a bit of extra custom. I usually hire a motorbike but have left it at Marine Plaza many a time and have never had a problem getting back on either a baht bus or motorcycle taxi even in the early hours.

If you want an early night but still fancy an afternoon drink with some nice female company walk about 800 metres up the road (Soi Wat Boon) beside the hotel away from the beach where you will find the Winchester Club, an orange building on the left just after an S bend.

stevoh.

Stevoh, since the Royal Cliff wouldn't let you swim in their pools, I suppose they wouldn't let me practice on their putting greens either or take a ride on their catamaran to some of the islands.  We shall see in a few days.

SB