Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wearing a bit of thread on your wrist and eating fried chicken and somtam off the floor can hardly be used as evidence of "adapting to the local lifestyle". My dog does that. And he sleeps a lot.

I don't need to say anything positive about myself... i don't want to shine myself... i share my sucesseses and my failures...   Hmm.. are you sure I have a loser life ??? I don't wait anything to h

Perhaps you (Gabor) can borrow my reading glasses aswell, your (Gabor) attacks were clearly pointed at me personally and you (Gabor) made them because of your (Gabor) own topics that have become disfu

I'm about 10 years off retiring (or maybe part time retirement) but when I do I plan 6 months or so in Thailand and 6 months here in Perth.

I think I would go troppo or drink myself to an early death if I lived in Thailand 12 months a year.

Thanks for continuing to threadfuck just as you always do. Simply put, you are dreaming and yes you are a loser, you are dreaming that these girls are your friends lol, you may think otherwise, but another few months will tell lol, i cant wait. Keep on posting. You are a bored and lonely man

Aaaww leave him alone, he buys them som tam and chicken (or maybe sometimes gri dee ow) and they all sit down on the floor to eat, they love him for it and stay with him because they enjoy his company. It has nothing to do with the money. :llaugh

:bhappy

sexpat.jpg pic1.jpg heaven.jpg indiaNIC.android.SexLiesAndBarGirls_1_KaDT.png

Pattaya-Girls-Fat.jpg

Edited by Gabor

I'm semi retired in the UK and I get really bored. I find part time working to be the best idea. It gives you a sort of timetable to keep to, and you get more done in general. Whenever I don't work for a few months, I get nothing done, whatsoever, and get a bit lethargic. I might teach English part time , if I move abroad.

:bhappy

sexpat.jpg pic1.jpg heaven.jpg indiaNIC.android.SexLiesAndBarGirls_1_KaDT.png

Pattaya-Girls-Fat.jpg

Thanks for posting pictures of the newgirlfriends and the future wife :thumbup This thread was about were you want to be when you reach retirement age and now we can see the kind of ladies you want to share your somtam with and that will spend all day on a bench with them.

Edited by bigmick

I'm about 10 years off retiring (or maybe part time retirement) but when I do I plan 6 months or so in Thailand and 6 months here in Perth.

I think I would go troppo or drink myself to an early death if I lived in Thailand 12 months a year.

Thanks for that, im thinking something similar

Thanks for posting pictures of the newgirlfriends and the fuure wife :thumbup This thread was about were you want to be when you reach retirement age and now we can see the kind of ladies you want to share your somtam with and that will spend all day on a bench with them.

mick, enough already.

• Upvote 2

mick, enough already.

Yes quite, thanks for allowing Gabor to threadfuck yet another topic, i started this with good intentions and he has been allowed yet again to be the continual prat.

Yes quite, thanks for allowing Gabor to threadfuck yet another topic, i started this with good intentions and he has been allowed yet again to be the continual prat.

Putting it on me is a bit unfair, I think.

Let's recap...here is your OP...

Im a little curious to see what BMs would like to happen when they reach either retirement or have managed to reach a financially secure situation were they can choose to basically retire. Would you retire to Thailand or would you stay in your home country and just holiday to Thailand. If you found yourself fairly comfortable in Thailand, would you invest your wealth in a Hotel, Bar, Guesthouse etc. Before you go off on how silly it is to run a bar in Thailand, there are some good news stories on this e.g FLB, BabyDolls, Mistys and for the Hotels and guest houses you have places such as RG, Tropical Bets, Queen Vic etc. I am just asking for your thoughts if you have made any kind of plans as to what you would like to do when you reach a certain time in life. Some i know live in Thailand quite happily on a regualr income and live very happily. I also know that everyone would have different budgets, so not everyone will have the same goals. I can see the need to keep yurself busy and your mind active, i know one guy who has a 60 room apartment building with a few shops that are all rented. It generates a great income each month, yet he has some major headaches to deal with. I think to run a bar, hotel or guesthouse takes a certain type of buisness minded individual and is not for me.

Thanks for your input.

Mike

Gabor came in with his own particular point of view...with a bit of a side swipe at others who think that doing something while in Thailand retired/living is important. BTW, there is a huge number of retirees living in Thailand on the edge of poverty who do exactly nothing as well.

IMO.. adopt the thai way of life... Just doing nothing and enjoy it... I wonder why the westeners always want to do something, keep yorself busy, travelling etc... I'm here already 3.5 months and I'm happy to do intensively nothing... Your pressure to " keep your busy " is one of the evidence you can't adopt the local lifestyle... And if you can't adopt it you will be a stranger, an alien...and never really understand the local things... IMO.... I may be wrong, but I think many girls likes my " thai male " behaviour... I don't drag them from the one activities to the second, I can just share a grill chicken and a somtam on the floor for hours and just surfing on the cable channels...and sleep for a while don't care about her...

After that post (#6) in the thread, personal attacks followed regarding his expression of his choice of lifestyle. Naturally, he responded.

If others had left it at that, leaving Gabor to express his opinion without the attacks, the thread would not have been fucked.

That's the way I see it, and IMO, there was never really reason for me to intervene until I did try to put a stop to it with a mild rebuke.

Let's recap...here is your OP...

Gabor came in with his own particular point of view...with a bit of a side swipe at others who think that doing something while in Thailand retired/living is important. BTW, there is a huge number of retirees living in Thailand on the edge of poverty who do exactly nothing as well.

After that post (#6) in the thread, personal attacks followed regarding his expression of his choice of lifestyle. Naturally, he responded.

If others had left it at that, leaving Gabor to express his opinion without the attacks, the thread would not have been fucked.

That's the way I see it, and IMO, there was never really reason for me to intervene until I did try to put a stop to it with a mild rebuke.

Thanks and let me re cap Gabors reply;

"Your pressure to " keep your busy " is one of the evidence you can't adopt the local lifestyle... And if you can't adopt it you will be a stranger, an alien...and never really understand the local things... IMO...."

Perhaps i can lend you my reading glasses for you to see he started by abuseing me personally in his response? Non the less i would like to think you have read other topics that i have contributed to in a very positive and helpful way, unlike some.. I shall refrain from posting any further......

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'll try to add something to this thread...maybe I can bring it back to its serious core.

When I decided to move to Thailand, I had decided to retire from the work force...i.e., I didn't want to work for anyone else.

I did not, however, want to simply retire. I wanted to try something else. I felt I needed to have an active goal, a challenge, and something I would enjoy.

I spent a year researching business opportunities in Bangkok, Phuket, and Pattaya. Pattaya was not my first choice at all. I looked at hotels, guest houses, restaurants, franchises (e.g. Subway), gogos...businesses in BKK from Washington Square, Nana, Soi 33...I did a lot of work, mixed with my holiday ventures. Every 30 days or so, I'd head back to the USA to stay for a month and spend time with my kids, preparing them for the eventuality of my moving out of the country.

Then, when FLB came on the market, it just felt "right". I was in the USA at the time I saw that it was for sale, and I booked a trip immediately, arriving 3 days later. I spent a couple of weeks sitting in Hot Tuna Bar across the street, watching the traffic patterns. I went into FLB as a customer, and had to fight off Mok several times. I had Gate drink all the shooters, letting me sip from each one. I liked the place, though I made a note to fire Mok immediately if I bought the bar.

And, so it began. I approached the owner at the time, and we did the deal.

It's been a lot of fun, and I haven't a single regret.

• Upvote 1

"Your pressure to " keep your busy " is one of the evidence you can't adopt the local lifestyle... And if you can't adopt it you will be a stranger, an alien...and never really understand the local things... IMO...."

Perhaps i can lend you my reading glasses for you to see he started by abuseing me personally in his response? Non the less i would like to think you have read other topics that i have contributed to in a very positive and helpful way, unlike some.. I shall refrain from posting any further......

He's just saying you're not like his idea of a typical Thai guy who is happy to do nothing but drink and eat fried chicken and som tam. I'd think you'd be happy to hear that :P

I'll try to add something to this thread...maybe I can bring it back to its serious core.

When I decided to move to Thailand, I had decided to retire from the work force...i.e., I didn't want to work for anyone else.

I did not, however, want to simply retire. I wanted to try something else. I felt I needed to have an active goal, a challenge, and something I would enjoy.

I spent a year researching business opportunities in Bangkok, Phuket, and Pattaya. Pattaya was not my first choice at all. I looked at hotels, guest houses, restaurants, franchises (e.g. Subway), gogos...businesses in BKK from Washington Square, Nana, Soi 33...I did a lot of work, mixed with my holiday ventures. Every 30 days or so, I'd head back to the USA to stay for a month and spend time with my kids, preparing them for the eventuality of my moving out of the country.

Then, when FLB came on the market, it just felt "right". I was in the USA at the time I saw that it was for sale, and I booked a trip immediately, arriving 3 days later. I spent a couple of weeks sitting in Hot Tuna Bar across the street, watching the traffic patterns. I went into FLB as a customer, and had to fight off Mok several times. I had Gate drink all the shooters, letting me sip from each one. I liked the place, though I made a note to fire Mok immediately if I bought the bar.

You always get out of something what you're willing to put in. :thumbup :chogdee2

Thank you, that is exactly what i hoped would be posted to let some know that its not all doom and gloom in Pattaya. That retirement to Pattaya has success aswell and can have good opportunities. Thank you for bringing it back on track. I hope others will post their own wishes of what they would like to do without any negativity.

Absolute fair.... i just expressed my own idea of the lifestyle ( not necessery on the poverty side, but as a alternative choice ) and I was immediately attacked...

You ( one person ) took it personal on you ( Bigmick ) , instead to read you ( many persons or the unknown subjective ) How the heck should I know how do you ( Bigmick ) can adopt the thai lifestyle ??? ... I'm sorry in your ( all english speaking persons ) language no different words for it... My comments had no any personal intentions to you ( Bigmick )

Edited by Gabor
  • Downvote 2

Absolute fair.... i just expressed my own idea of the lifestyle ( not necessery on the poverty side, but as a alternative choice ) and I was immediately attacked... Only after you made it personal against me.

You ( one person ) took it personal on you ( Bigmick ) , instead to read you ( many persons or the unknown subjective ) How the heck should I know how do you ( Bigmick ) can adopt the thai lifestyle ??? ... I'm sorry in your ( all english speaking persons ) language no different words for it... My comments had no any personal intentions to you ( Bigmick )

Perhaps you (Gabor) can borrow my reading glasses aswell, your (Gabor) attacks were clearly pointed at me personally and you (Gabor) made them because of your (Gabor) own topics that have become disfunctioal. So you (Gabor) have chosen to threadfuck my topic.

You have totally threadfucked this to death, as usual. MM has tried to bring this back in line for which i am gratefull, your just a cunt

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Perhaps you (Gabor) can borrow my reading glasses aswell, your (Gabor) attacks were clearly pointed at me personally and you (Gabor) made them because of your (Gabor) own topics that have become disfunctioal. So you (Gabor) have chosen to threadfuck my topic.

You have totally threadfucked this to death, as usual. MM has tried to bring this back in line for which i am gratefull, your just a cunt

paranoia-beware-of-real-life-enemies-demotivational-posters-1303848040.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Im a little curious to see what BMs would like to happen when they reach either retirement or have managed to reach a financially secure situation were they can choose to basically retire. Would you retire to Thailand or would you stay in your home country and just holiday to Thailand. If you found yourself fairly comfortable in Thailand, would you invest your wealth in a Hotel, Bar, Guesthouse etc. Before you go off on how silly it is to run a bar in Thailand, there are some good news stories on this e.g FLB, BabyDolls, Mistys and for the Hotels and guest houses you have places such as RG, Tropical Bets, Queen Vic etc. I am just asking for your thoughts if you have made any kind of plans as to what you would like to do when you reach a certain time in life. Some i know live in Thailand quite happily on a regualr income and live very happily. I also know that everyone would have different budgets, so not everyone will have the same goals. I can see the need to keep yurself busy and your mind active, i know one guy who has a 60 room apartment building with a few shops that are all rented. It generates a great income each month, yet he has some major headaches to deal with. I think to run a bar, hotel or guesthouse takes a certain type of buisness minded individual and is not for me.

Thanks for your input.

Mike

Once though about retiring to LOS but never ever about running a bar or anything at all to do with entertainment. i realy couldnt be bothered with that.

I retired in 2003 having married a Thai 6 years earlier. She didnt want to go back and she was earning good money in the Uk She loves her job and also continued to do work on a consultancy basis. We also now have a daughter at school in the UK. So in the end we are much better of visiting LOS and my wife doesnt even like doing that too often.

I love to vists but no way would I want to live there.

Ref Pic: Thank Buddha for stereotypes!

I would probably just travel in and out - if I stayed permanently I would certainly end up sitting on the floor eating chicken - sounds great.IMHO.

Andy Cap

I retired 15 years ago at age 51, spent 3 years travelling australia in a motor home with a ladyfriend and then discovered thailand. still had an elderly mother so divided my time between los and oz for a few years. Started travelling to other places, using thailand as a base, primarily the philippines. I havnt worked in the 15 years and I do manage to keep busy, tho sometimes at the end of the day I look back and wonder just what I have done. !! I am not a big drinker so its never been a worry to me that I would turn alcoholic, more a sex addict but that has also waned a little in the last year or so. If my health keeps up I will follow this pattern for as long as I can and then look for some nice older thai lady to take care of me in my declining years.

That is a great post MM. Interesting to see an owners perspective to something I find hard to grasp, a reason for being a barowner.

I have decided to undertake a few years of research myself! :D

Thanks for posting pictures of the newgirlfriends and the future wife :thumbup This thread was about were you want to be when you reach retirement age and now we can see the kind of ladies you want to share your somtam with and that will spend all day on a bench with them.

Shes young and from Issan and hes fat and desperate ??

I would think from the look of it she is the desperate one.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully you will already have an income if you move to Thailand. If your wanting to invest for income I could see buying commercial property or maybe mix use property. Then you just have to manage the manager, then you could putter around the place picking up cigarete butt's or what ever, like an employee. This could be done in your home country where you know the markets and can speak the language. You could manage it from out of the country. But and apartment building in Thailand ? That scares me, and I know a little about managing rentals. I always hate to see someone spending there life saving buying themselves a job (business) in any country. I know MM has had some success but seeing Pattaya change so much in the last 5 years, I'd hate to be a new come'r in the bar business in Pattaya.

MM has told a interesting story and were happy he has found his niche.. and Mok.. oh the memories..

Edited by Skate

I always hate to see someone spending there life saving buying themselves a job (business) in any country. I know MM has had some success but seeing Pattaya change so much in the last 5 years, I'd hate to be a new come'r in the bar business in Pattaya.

Some people spend their life's savings buying a business in a country that is undergoing deep change that they can't fathom.

Other people invest in an exciting new prospective business because the country is undergoing deep and obviously profitable change.

Some people spend their life's savings buying a business in a country that is undergoing deep change that they can't fathom.

Other people invest in an exciting new prospective business because the country is undergoing deep and obviously profitable change.

That's true.. very good..